General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give KMS an easy to use GUI and make it a no brainer to setup and maintain.

KMS is annoying and provides no value to the customer, only to Microsoft. It should be made drop dead easy and flawless so admins have to spend virtually no time on it both for installing and maintaining it.

115 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Keep the licensing model of Windows Server 2016 as in 2012

The WS2012 licensing model with absolutely the same features in Standard and Datacenter Editions was the greatest thing. Virtualization rights was the only thing to think about - no headache about what is supported in which edition, what I should install, will it work etc. Please keep it like this in Windows Server 2016.

102 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Storage spaces direct in Windows Server Standard

S2D is an awsome technology for small Business to create small Cluster environment without expensive SAN or NAS boxes. The datacenter licensing requirement absolutely kills the usecase for small deployments.

17 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Allow KMS to Store Computer Name and Last Activation Date in WID / SSEE

Inventory is always a challenge and KMS is a great opportunity to help. Add an option to allow KMS to store computer name and last activation date in WID / SSEE Windows Integrated Database. Update slmgr.vbs to add an option to export a text file from the database. If the KMS protocol transmits other information such as Windows OS version or Microsoft Office version, also store this in the database.

Thanks

Steven

11 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 8 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Make Storage Replica available for Standard Edition

Storage Replica is a really useful feature, and Windows Admins and their companies would benefit if it's available in Standard Edition as well. The mean time to restore service could be improved massively, and Microsoft would be a big part in it.
              Storage Replica is not a Hosting Provider only feature!

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Microsoft® Visual Studio® Professional 2012 Sngl OPEN 1 License KEY not available in VLSC site

I am not getting product key details of this product which i bought in 2013.Not available in vslc site also.From where Will i get informatyion regarding this.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base