General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. what is server version 2004? i know of server 2008 2012 2016 and 2019 but what it 2004?

sever versionswhat is server version 2004? i know of server 2008 2012 2016 and 2019 but what it 2004?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email signature software for Office 365

Sigsync is secure email signature software for Office 365 that simplifies the creation and management of email signatures for all Office 365 users. It helps to be compliant and create email signatures seamlessly. No matter from which device you’re sending emails from. Sigsync supports email signature across all the devices (Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile etc.) and email clients.
    Complete control over email signature
    Sigsync supports centralized management to have a complete control over email signatures for the entire organization. It retrieves the information such as Name, Company, Address details etc., from the Azure Active Directory and insert into your email…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please include Microsoft office apps on WVD or Remote desktop so we could effectively do our tasks as scrubbers.

When we open remove desktop, there are three applications available for us to use. We are using rave and we are extracting it from there to excel. Since we are opening rave using IE from WVD, the copy paste feature isn't working so we can't copy the content from rave and paste it to an application outside wvd which is the excel. If you could add excel on wvd, it would be easy for us to do our task instead of manually typing the contents we are extracting from rave.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. android

The URI scheme for connecting to the Remote Descktop application on Android works. However, If you close the connection it is preferred to go to the previous activity on android. In the RD client application you return to the home activity. This is not wanted

An enhancement of passing through username/password for gateway in the URI would be nice as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Globalization support for Windows docker images

I need to use non-EN windows client and server docker images for testing. Kindly advise if it's available in the docker hub as I couldn't find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Basic Pointers

After a Clean Install of Win Server 2019, I have a problem, see attached.

For all intent and purpose the Windows folk recommend going to the manufacturer as the normal driver updating facility isn't finding my equipment SW/FW. When I go to manufacturers and acquire the driver zips and attempt to process them I get errors like wrong OS or some form of the flying digit that has incapacitated various services, WiFi, a bunch of SSDs that used to be available when I was only a win 10 pro user. At this point, I don't know if this issue should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add to Windows Store for Business? the app listed is not the same

Add to Windows Store for Business? the app listed is not the same

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Skip files smaller than cluster size for compact.exe

There is no benefit to compress files smaller than cluster size using XPRESS4K, XPRESS8K, XPRESS16K and LZX compression. There should be command line switch to skip those files and make compression much faster for large set of files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have a problen unsolved

al apretar "aceptar", para inicializar el disco, sale cartel sin conexión"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 可否把wacom手写笔的压感信息,传递到remote的电脑上去?

As the title, I hope to use the Wacom drawing pen on the control terminal, Remote Desktop can pass the induction of the pen to the control terminal through a map or otherwitter. This can use a notebook that is not enough to use the desktop stronger force to perform high performance operations such as engraving. I don't know if it is feasible?

如题,希望在控制端使用wacom绘图笔,remote desktop能够通过映射或其它什么方式,把笔的压感、倾斜信息传导到控制端去。

这样可以在算力不够的笔记本上,使用台式机更强的算力,去进行雕刻之类的高性能操作。

不知是否可行?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. stop trying to make people use your internet browser

first you tryed pushing your internet explorer on the windows users.then the other browser company sued you.now you are doing the same thing with microsoft edge.when uninstalling said software it says windows needs this **** software to run.i was getting ready to purchase 5 home windows pcs now it looks like i will be buying apple products from now on.

thanks for nothing including your ****** edge

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. please provide an option to toggle keypad bar on top. it covers a big screen area.

I wanna remove the three lines and keyboard option there at top of screen. please make it optional, or reduce its boundary size on RDP client { android }

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. RAID 10 in Storage Space

RAID 10 is useful but it is missing in Storage Space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Group Policy Grouping

Grouping group policy objects

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to do a Cutover rollback to the old source server in Storage Migration Service.

Would be good to offer an option is SMS to rollback or resurrect the old source server and hide the new one as a risk mitigation option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. EDB Recovery Software

Enstella EDB to PST tool maintains the folder structure of the EDB file intact and also lets you preview all the EDB contents before export operation begins. Whets most novels about Enstella is that its interface is so easy to understand and self explanatory that you don't need to be a technical person to be able to retrieve all the information from your Exchange database file.

Get more information to click here-https://www.enstella.com/exchange-email-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base