General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A faster way to write again after using the eraser in OneNote

Hello everybody,

I am using the iPad Pro and if i want to erase something I have written with the Apple Pencil or another Stylus and i want to write again with another color, it should be possible to click directly on the color that I want and if I do this the last pen i used should be selected automatically in the color i selected.
    You see it is a simple comfort function and would be great.

Best regards,

Alex

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bitlocker MFA unlock

This days MFA is getting more and more popular so I was wondering why not add new feature to Windows family so when server boots Bitlocker could be unlocked not by network but by MFA
    What do you think would this be even possible ?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Http Action in Task Scheduler

It would be very helpful if, task scheduler support native http actions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New software Invention Update for machinery

New software that causes machinery to become modern day technology and come alive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to enable Store on Windows Server

Add an option to add the Store to Windows Server (for GUI installations)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Telecommute Add-on or App

Our company is largely a Microsoft shop. We are also looking to take advantage of telecommute work options. Right now there isn't a good solution that integrates well with the tools we use to help managers do their jobs remotely. It is largely left up to high volume communication between manager and employees. With all the pitfalls that entails.

My suggestion is a piece of software (maybe an Outlook addon) that can aggregate activity in most/all Microsoft products. For instance, it can show mail activity of your employees, TFS activity, Lync/Skype activity, etc... in one place to gauge productivity and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Gruppenzugehörigkeit im Kontakt sichtbar machen

Ich muss alle Kontakte einer Gruppe zuordnen. Leider kann man, wenn man die Kontakte durchklickt nicht ersehen, ob der Kontakt bereits einer Gruppe zugeordnet wurde. Die Konkurrenz GMX ist hier wesentlich besser aufgestellt.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If Windows Server 2016 support "windows hello" feature?

If Windows Server 2016 TP5 support "windows hello" feature? any declare or blog?

I installed windows server 2016 (14393), and then I can't use "windows hello" in settings.

this feature worked in windows 10.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Outlook: Enable the possibility to move several tasks to a customized date

If you Chose a Task you have different options to move/reschedule it like 'Today', 'Tomorrow', 'This week', 'Custom' etc.
    If you Chose more than one Task the Option 'Custom' is not available anymore but would be useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ordner "vorgeschlagene Kontakte" bitte wieder zuschalten

Bitte schalten Sie den Ordner "vorgeschlagene Kontakte" wieder zu. Wenn man einen neuen Kontakt nicht sofort speichert, findet man ihn nicht wieder, wenn man wie wir, mehrere Tausend Kontakte hat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hyperlinking page-entries within WORD 2016 keyword index

Microsoft WORD 2016 is supporting page-hyperlinking within the table of the contents index field, but it doesn't within the table of the keywords index field. That is a serious lack in all cases of WORD documents with a great number of keywords and adjuncted textmarks { XE "<keyword>" \r "<textmark>" }. Most regrettable is loosing manually implemented hyperlinks by updating an existing keyword index field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Gathering feedback from the field (WaaS - Branches, Apps)

Hi together,

all my previous customers asked me how to gather feedback internally from the field when moving to Windows 10 with the WaaS model.

Microsoft (we) should provide a tool where end users can send feedback internally regarding to the current branches. Here it should be possible to divide this feedback into 2 parts - OS feedback and Application feedback. Also a LOB-App-List should be possible to attach. So the end user in the field chooses between OS or App, which are predefined and provides feedback in a traffic light style with standardized error values e.g. not working, performance…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Edge and Flash on Server 2016 Removal

why?? will these be removable features when it goes RTM?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. System cCnter Unified agent, as instalable Windows Server feature..

Unify All the System Center Agents (virtual machine manager, SCOM, etc) in one solution (for example: SC unified Agent) .Integrate the System Center Agent as a Windows Server Feature (like .Net, BITS and the like).

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Super Fine application control

In Windows 2000 Advanced Server/Datacenter Server, User could set very fine controls for all applications running or applications that will launch at specific time/interval.
    User could set:
    Affinity
    Priority
    Memory Usage
    Other fine control settings

Newer Windows versions removed this feature called "Process Control app UI", I hope in Windows Server 2016 we can get this functionality back so user can set super fine control for each application / process / filter / directshow filter .. etc

Image from Windows 2000 Datacenter Server:
    http://xi-networks.net/Windows2000Server/Control.png

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Decouple Windows Media Stack from Desktop Experience

Some Products requiere Windows Media Services as a prerequisite for Installation (for example Exchange Server). Currently you have to install Dekstop Expirience to get these Services.

The downside of this is, that Applications which require these services are automatically required to run with a GUI (no server core support because of Desktop experience prerequisites)

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Setting to set any program to run statically

Set any program to run in the background on startup and such

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. flash

update and enable

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base