General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. stop automatic logoff when remotely supporting someone when using the ms ios remote desktop app

Hello

I am using microsoft remote desktop client app on my ipad. But as soon i remotely log on to a computer remotely, the computer i am trying to remotely support instantly logs off, making it impossible to remotely support someone eg a family member, and they cannot show me what they are doing wrong, and i cannot show them what they are doing wrong!

please could you update the ios rd client app, so it doesnt log you off the computer if another user logs on to it using the app???

THANK YOU!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stop automatic logoff when remotely supporting someone when using the ms ios remote desktop app

Hello

I am using microsoft remote desktop client app on my ipad. But as soon i remotely log on to a computer remotely, the computer i am trying to remotely support instantly logs off, making it impossible to remotely support someone eg a family member, and they cannot show me what they are doing wrong, and i cannot show them what they are doing wrong!

please could you update the ios rd client app, so it doesnt log you off the computer if another user logs on to it using the app???

THANK YOU!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manage as in Admin Center

Even when I login with another credential to "Manage as" in Admin Center, that credential does not save.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide official download links to previous versions of Remote Desctop for Mac.

Provide official download links to previous versions of Remote Desktop for Mac - Specifically v8. By witholding these, you are making older Macs less useful and more importantly failing to support your customers. I assume Microsoft would rather see perfectly functional machines in landfill rather than supporting sustainability. Shameful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 建议优化键盘输入

当ios活着iPadOS端远程控制pc时,键盘仅能作为文字输入,建议优化,如运行游戏程序时,可以映射为操作输入。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. msrdc No Indication double click on jump box icon is doing anything

When using the MSRDC.exe app it shows a set of jump box icons. When you double click one it starts to connect to a WVD server but there is zero indication anything is happening. Please provide an instant splash screen or hour glass at least so the user knows the double click was received.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow the ADFS service to start with bad certificate

If the certificate does not auto-renew or auto-renew fails you are stuck!
    You can not run any powershell commands against adfs and you can not run the adfs manager because the service won't start so you are unable to resolve the issue and have to call Ms support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AGPM

Continue support and updates for Advanced Group Policy Management. Our company uses AGPM extensively and would like to see future enhancements and support continued. If there is a replacement Microsoft product, it doesn't seem to be found.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hello dear support service Using the backup and recovery option in this application will clear the previous information. For example, in the

microsoft-remote-desktop-preview

Hello dear support service
    Using the backup and recovery option in this application will clear the previous information.
    For example, in the first system, I have a group of systems
    After backing up and recovering in the new system, it will be removed.
    It is possible to replace them together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windowed Solution

It would be very nice if the Remote Apps opened a new instance of the app in a separate window. This would allow native app switching gestures along with Windowed Display on Chromebooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If this ******** app is free, then why do I have to connect to the store, and then add my computer and then download to install?

If this ******** app is free, then why do I have to connect to the store, and then add my computer and then download to install? What a productive way to do it. I do not want to use App Store if it is freeeeee, damm it... It is just a remote desktop app of yours...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The new Windows 10 RemoteDesktop App messes up my keys within the session.

On my host computer I only have one keyboard configured (US Intl) but on the remote server

a) There is another keyboard layout (Dutch).
    b) Both layouts mess up the keys. The keyboard doesn't act as a US Intl. keyboard.

When I use the mstsc client this problem does not occur

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Acentuação

Ao usar teclados físicos com o cliente rdp para Android, tenho problema com a acentuação. Por exemplo: ao digitar ~ + a obtenho "~a" e não "ã".

Lembrando que fora da sessão rdp os teclados funcionam perfeitamente com o Android

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The app can't use anymore

I always use the app to connect the Remote Desktop,but these days it can't use on xiaomi phone, the android vision is 10. please fix it, thank you!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Office 365 Migration

Organization may in need of Office 365 Migration. It may be from:

One Office 365 to another Office 365 account of the same domain or different domain

Office 365 to Live Exchange Server

Office 365 to PST Export, etc.

The native solutions put many limitations for the above requirements. The limitations may include:

Execution of complex Power Shell scripts,

Lengthy procedures, number of mailboxes,

Size of mailboxes, etc.

To overcome all these difficulties it is better to go with third-party solutions.

EdbMails for Office 365 Migration:

EdbMails is one of the best third-party Office 365 Migration solutions. It supports all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Smartcard redirection on Microsoft Remote Desktop from Mac to Microsoft Server don't work on smart card enforced server.

Smartcard redirection on Microsoft Remote Desktop application from Mac to Server don't work on smart card enforced MS server. It will not allow us to get to the login window of the Server, where we can choose to use smartcard login. The Remote Desktop to the server keeps prompting for username and password and not the smartcard credential.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ошибка в кодировке при вводе с клавиатуры

Приложение для андроид "Удаленный рабочей стол"
    Ошибка в кодировке при вводе с клавиатуры. Не верно передает некоторые символы и буквы' Например , . русские символы

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Updates should not shutdown a server.

Windows Updates should not shutdown my server but rather restart. I would like the be able to configure shutdown.exe to force a restart when a shutdown was requested.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add any bluetooth mouse support to RDP on iOS (iPadOS)

Given that iPadOS 13 will be released soon and include some mouse support baked into the OS, can we please have generic bluetooth mouse support added to the iPadOS/iOS RDP app?

I've already confirmed I can pair the MX Master gen1 I have with the iPad and works as expected with the current mouse support from Apple, but proper mouse support baked into the app would make this actually usable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base