General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delete Key is not working

I cannot use my del key within an RDP session. Nothing happens when I strike the key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 登录异常

Request Id: b10f73be-4914-4e01-b8fa-252e7ffc0600
    Correlation Id: 282868c6-f339-461c-9683-537f10a4ea0f
    Timestamp: 2020-04-09T01:14:39Z
    Message: AADSTS50020: User account '1026081220@qq.com' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'MS Azure Cloud' and cannot access the application 'fa4345a4-a730-4230-84a8-7d9651b86739'(Windows Virtual Desktop Client) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The Ctrl-Windows Left Arrow or Right Arrow to move the app between monitors doesn't work.

The Ctrl-Windows Left Arrow or Right Arrow to move the app between monitors doesn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is Nested virtualization and VGA Passthrough concurrently supported inside hyper-v VMs?

I have successfully passed through a NVIDIA Quadro P2000 inside a GEN 2 hyper-v on Windows Server 2019.
    When I try to enable nested virtualization support the VM wont boot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remote Desktop Smart TV Bug

After connecting to pc with the client via Android phone, The currently playing YouTube Video on my Smart TV suddenly stopped casting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG: Can't install OpenSSH Server On Off-net (air-gapped) machines. Need a downloadable version (hotfix?)

I want OpenSSH server on my Windows 2019 machines. These are required to be air-gapped for security.

There appears to be no way to download that feature for separate installation. All the instructions assume connectivity to Microsoft.com.

Please provide a way to download the feature. (Note that obtaining this from non-MS sites, or compiling from source is prohibited by our government security representative.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ADFS 2016 Windows integrated authentication and Azure MFA

Unable to use ADFS 2016 and Azure MFA for internal users.
    If i use Windows authentication and MFA, some websites i am able to bypass the multi factor authentication screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. WorkFolder

Dear MS-Team,

with implementing the new file on demand feature for OneDrive and Workfolder there is a very unpleasant problem with the Workfolder Feature. When using Workfolders with Windows 10 1803 and above no more thumbnails (Picture & Video) are displayed in the Windows Explorer. It would be great to fix that. Thanks a lot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Windows Server 2016 sends trafic to wrong network interface when connected to two networks

Running Windows Server 2016 Standard with Desktop Experience on a server with two network cards.

• the 1st network card is connected to the internet and receives the configuration via DHCP server on the network 193.136../24

• the 2nd card is manually configured as a private network with a fixed IP 192.168.1.254 and netmask 255.255.255.0 without gateway or DNS, this card is connected only to a network switch that is not connected to anything else.

Configured another machine with a fixed IP 192.168.1.1 that is connected to the switch, the server and client can ping each other just fine.

On…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Estou registrando uma senha complexa Pr0#dut&c$2020 mas o CMDKEY da erro 'c$2020' dizendo que não reconhece

Estou registrando uma senha complexa Pr0#dut&c$2020 mas o CMDKEY da erro 'c$2020' dizendo que não reconhece

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My letters are not correct displayed by "_" and "&" typing at Google keyboard

When i type "&" do i have to type "_" - The keyboard of Google will not used correctly by using the RD app of Google store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Storage Migration Service still missing In Essentials 2019 and Eval Media

It should be also available in Essentials version, but it is missing.
    Please update Essentials to have Storage Migration Service included.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Is this a Permission-Bug in Windows Firewall Logging?

Windows Firewall Log BUG

Situation:
    New Installed Server With 2016 Standard. Patched and up2date with June-2019 CU.
    Created a new Domain with itself beeing the first domaincontroler. Created a GPO to activate Windows Firewall and enable Logging of DROP and ALLOW to pfirewall-domain.log in the default-path.

What happens?
    The Log can´t be written, no access denied. Sysinternals Procmon shows no "Access Denied". Shows a few creates but does not write.
    [...]
    Detailed Explanation:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8ba16b4-8b7e-4c3a-a610-a67fed2e87ae/is-this-a-permissionbug-in-windows-firewall-logging?forum=win10itprosecurity

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New-Cluster Powershell

When running new-cluster from an mgmt workstation and creating a cluster on remote servers, receive an error indicating a parameter is invalid, when running new-cluster from one of the cluster nodes, the command completes appropriately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Resolve the Windows Server 2019 bug stopping it from booting on certain servers with UEFI enabled when the Hyper-V Role is installed.

There's a pretty big problem on some servers (at least two Dell PET Servers I've tried so far) that stops Server 2019 from booting/goes into a boot loop once the Hyper-V role is installed.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. improve Windows Upgrade

Upgrading Windows Server OS should not remove static routes. This bug has made upgrades to my environment very painful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Order ABC for SSL certificates in binding list

Order ABC for SSL certificates in binding list.
    Right now it's ordered by certificate hash, making it very hard to select the proper certificate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. imporve backwards compatibility to 2016

it is quite annoying that going through a folder redirection step-by-step instruction found on Microsoft websites it turns out that Windows 2019 does not apply this policy correctly, it keeps me signing in with a temporary profile. Using a Windows 2016 server the policy is applied. Wasted two working days becuase I thought I made it wrong. My AD is nearly untouched AD in 2016 level, the folder redirection is the only GPO object that exists apart from the default domain policy and that has only three settings to stop the screensaver from appearing and weakening the password rules. When…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base