General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make Windows Server compliant with containers, otherwise the OS is useless

legacy systems needs to go to cloud

.NET and Win32 softwares will be around for long time, for sure..

why container? 1nd

Large systems with decades of code written, composed by 3rd party components can not be changed right away. So containerizing monoliths, are one important step on the jorney to the cloud

why container? 2st

I'm newbie, but as far as I know, the whole thing about containers is ship it as image once and run it everywhere, with environment isolation and integrity.. right?!

the issue

There is no way to properly set globalization settings like Time Zone,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support to multi language server core 2019 when running on containers

Default servercore:1809 image came with en-US.

I've described step by step how to reproduce lpksetup.exe error on container, producing crash report logs that I've extracted from container.
    All here: https://github.com/sanguedemonstro/docker-playground/issues/1#issuecomment-453078549

With extra details here: https://github.com/sanguedemonstro/docker-playground/blob/master/langpack-on-servercore2019.md#why-am-i-playing-around-this-subject

But I'm not able to understand logs or fix windows base image. And I can't open support ticket once I'm not MS partner.

So if anyone could help I'm here to support.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RDSH role breaks Windows Search

Hello,

on a fresh installed and fully patched Windows Server 2019 Std if I enable RDSH role the Windows Search stops working.

Windows Search service looks good and eventlog shows no errors but Indexing Options shows no locations enabled for indexing and I am unable to add them

Things I have already tried

1 - Windows Search service restart

2 - Server restart

3 - Rebuild Index

4 - Enable Windows Search feature

5 - DISM ad SFC

6 - Windows Troubleshoot - shows incorrect permission on C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data folder but is unable to fix them. If I manually fix those…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Estou registrando uma senha complexa Pr0#dut&c$2020 mas o CMDKEY da erro 'c$2020' dizendo que não reconhece

Estou registrando uma senha complexa Pr0#dut&c$2020 mas o CMDKEY da erro 'c$2020' dizendo que não reconhece

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Is this a Permission-Bug in Windows Firewall Logging?

Windows Firewall Log BUG

Situation:
    New Installed Server With 2016 Standard. Patched and up2date with June-2019 CU.
    Created a new Domain with itself beeing the first domaincontroler. Created a GPO to activate Windows Firewall and enable Logging of DROP and ALLOW to pfirewall-domain.log in the default-path.

What happens?
    The Log can´t be written, no access denied. Sysinternals Procmon shows no "Access Denied". Shows a few creates but does not write.
    [...]
    Detailed Explanation:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8ba16b4-8b7e-4c3a-a610-a67fed2e87ae/is-this-a-permissionbug-in-windows-firewall-logging?forum=win10itprosecurity

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Resolve the Windows Server 2019 bug stopping it from booting on certain servers with UEFI enabled when the Hyper-V Role is installed.

There's a pretty big problem on some servers (at least two Dell PET Servers I've tried so far) that stops Server 2019 from booting/goes into a boot loop once the Hyper-V role is installed.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. improve Windows Upgrade

Upgrading Windows Server OS should not remove static routes. This bug has made upgrades to my environment very painful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Order ABC for SSL certificates in binding list

Order ABC for SSL certificates in binding list.
    Right now it's ordered by certificate hash, making it very hard to select the proper certificate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Storage Migration Service still missing In Essentials 2019 and Eval Media

It should be also available in Essentials version, but it is missing.
    Please update Essentials to have Storage Migration Service included.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. imporve backwards compatibility to 2016

it is quite annoying that going through a folder redirection step-by-step instruction found on Microsoft websites it turns out that Windows 2019 does not apply this policy correctly, it keeps me signing in with a temporary profile. Using a Windows 2016 server the policy is applied. Wasted two working days becuase I thought I made it wrong. My AD is nearly untouched AD in 2016 level, the folder redirection is the only GPO object that exists apart from the default domain policy and that has only three settings to stop the screensaver from appearing and weakening the password rules. When…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 安卓10版远程不能全屏

安卓10版远程不能全屏

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. wecutil /qc urlacl problem

wecutil /qc doesnt configure the urlacl for http//:+:8595/wsman correctly.
    just the winrm service gets access, but the wecsvc needs access aswell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show how you actually file a bug with Windows Server support cases.

"If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free."

If you go to the link suggested how exactly are you supposed to open a "free" support case for Windows Server bug reports. In the contact us chatbot, there isn't even an option for Windows server. If you select "view all Microsoft products" and select Windows Server it just takes you to the Windows Server docs. So please explain, step by step like I'm a 5 year old, how I'm supposed to report a Windows server bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Windows Server 2016 Update Needs to be FIXED

Unacceptable windows server 2016 updates will take 48 hours to complete. My Linux servers will update in 10 minutes of time. This slow update process is akin to taking 48 hours to fill gas tank on your car. FIX IT ALREADY.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Windows Server 2019v1809 - change Hotkey in Notepad for "wrap around"

Windows Notepad, Server 2019 v 1809
    Replace and "Wrap around" both use the ALT+R shortcut. You need to fix that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Windows Server 2019 Active Directory Domain Controller and Environment Bugs

It would appears I'm not the only one experiencing the issue, I did a fresh install promote it to a Windows Server 2016 Forest and Domain AD. After the reboot I realize the Start Menu settings cannot be changed, next I found that whole load of permission error whenever I try to launch anything that requires Administrator privilege including Server Manager, Settings and Control Panel. After that I went to check the permission settings of the C drive and Windows folder as compared to previous version of Windows Server, "Authenticated Users" is no longer part of the default permissions. This…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. iPadOS连接上远程桌面后不能输入简体中文

iPados13.1.1和13.1.2都存在这样的问题。远程桌面连接后使用系统自带的简体中文输入法不能输入中文,只能输入英文。但是用第三方搜狗输入法可以输入中文。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base