General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Server 2019 - ALT-F4 - bring back the shutdown/logoff dialog box

Historically, ALT-F4 will close out your windows...and if you were at the desktop, it would nicely bring up a dialog box asking if you'd like to sign-out or shutdown/reboot, etc. That is gone it seems...except for the built-in administrator. This leads to accidental logouts and closing of sessions that may have been active, etc. From what I've seen, MS has stated this is "by design" and needs to go to the forum to restore sanity. Seems odd it exists for one type of account and not able to be enabled for others. Regardless....bring back the logoff/shutdown dialog box please, or…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. extend-a-basic-volume does not work and after trying, lots of programs and icons on desktop have now a red x in lower left corner

Ich habe laut diesen Anweisungen https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/windows-server/storage/disk-management/extend-a-basic-volume ...

...auf dem 'Datenträger 1' (2TB), sind zwei Partitionen von ca.1TB .
    Bei der ersten Partition 'D' konnte ich die Größe um einen Teil (195,43GB) des bisher nicht genutzten Teil (ca.400GB) verkleinern und ich konnte den dann 'Nicht zugeordneten' Teil auch wieder nutzen um der ersten PAR 'D' wieder/nochmal 5GB zuzuordnen.
    Bei der zweiten Partition 'E' kann ich aus dem freien 'Nicht zugeorndneten ' Teil nichts benutzen um die zweite Partition E damit zu vergrößern !??!

Bitte Info an reach.Peter<at>live.de

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. imporve backwards compatibility to 2016

it is quite annoying that going through a folder redirection step-by-step instruction found on Microsoft websites it turns out that Windows 2019 does not apply this policy correctly, it keeps me signing in with a temporary profile. Using a Windows 2016 server the policy is applied. Wasted two working days becuase I thought I made it wrong. My AD is nearly untouched AD in 2016 level, the folder redirection is the only GPO object that exists apart from the default domain policy and that has only three settings to stop the screensaver from appearing and weakening the password rules. When…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Port Active Directory Cmdlets to OSX and Linux for use with powershell 6/7

Port Active Directory Cmdlets to OSX and Linux for use with powershell 6/7

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Remote Desktop for IOS available in Canada.

Remote Desktop for IOS is no longer available in Canada. Please put it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need more document about building RDS env with fixed IP

When I deploy my RDS env, the RDS GW has a fixed public IP but I want my session host to share the same outgoing public IP. This is because some Azure Service such as Azure MySQL only whitelist certain IP.

This is a prevalent requirement, I had been surprised that the AZ std RDS env build docs did not address this RDS.

I am trying an Azure Loadbalancer to achieve this:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/configure-load-balancer-outbound-cli
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-outbound-rules-overview

Hope you can put this in the documentation at least put in the "Note" part.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remote Desktop web client and desktop certificate

In the web client we get the following message:

Oops, we couldn't connect to "Workstation"

Your session ended because an unexpected server authentication certificate was received from the remote PC. Ask your admin or tech support for help.

If we use the standard remote desktop application, we can choose to accept that the certificate may not be correct and connect anyway. It would be good if we had the same choice through the web client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please Add Remote Desktop back to the App Store (IOS and iPadOS)

Hello, I notice that Microsoft Remote Desktop has been removed from the App Store for iOS and iPadOS devices .

Please add it back. We have 50+ Users that rely on this as our workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Explain the error "Щīńδǿωŝ Ĥ℮ℓℓò ƒòґ ßùśĩήėŝś ρгŏνіŝīőπĩńġ щīŀļ йŏτ вë łǻüŋ¢нεð."

The "User Device Registration" section in Event Viewer gives somewhat concerning logs. These logs should be explained, assuming my system is not compromised. No other log is like this, it's only "Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> User Device Registration".

For example:

Щīńδǿωŝ Ĥ℮ℓℓò ƒòґ ßùśĩήėŝś ρгŏνіŝīőπĩńġ щīŀļ йŏτ вë łǻüŋ¢нεð.
    Ðэνįčĕ ïŝ ∆ĀĐ јόïπέð ( ΛÄĐĴ õř ĐЈ++ ): Not Tested
    Ũѕеř ħąѕ ļöģģĕδ ôņ ωιτн ÁДÐ čŗ℮ðěπŧíдŀş: No
    Ẃĩńđŏшѕ Ħęľľσ ƒõґ Ъцşīʼnеšś φőĺíçŷ іś ℮лавℓéđ: Not Tested
    Шīʼnδŏẁŝ Ήεℓłо ƒοѓ Ьϋѕíήèşŝ ρбѕť-ŀŏğóʼn ρřõνìšīŏŋìπĝ ĩş ëηãьļĕδ: Not Tested
    Ŀοсªļ сǿmρџť℮ŕ mĕĕŧѕ Ẅīņđбŵŝ ħęľłõ ƒóг вцѕīиєśş ђâŕðωãŗз…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 安卓10版远程不能全屏

安卓10版远程不能全屏

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. fix windows 10 frome ******* up new dard drives

you me off new hard drive put pc put windows 10 in and it ** my new #TB HARD DRIVE UP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Repair Task Scheduler on Server 2019

I have been fighting task scheduler for a while and have determined that there is most definitely an issue with task scheduler

we have a batch file that calls an executable.
    We can run that batch file from the file explorer and we can watch with a ui and see all the different actions being taken, typically about 120 lines of actions. and this typically takes about a minute and a half to run.

When we put that same batch file in task scheduler and run it on maybe a reocurrance of every 10 minutes, task scheduler starts the task,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. wecutil /qc urlacl problem

wecutil /qc doesnt configure the urlacl for http//:+:8595/wsman correctly.
    just the winrm service gets access, but the wecsvc needs access aswell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think Microsoft should do an investigation in the machine to know if the machine is compatible with this issue, Every time i have problem

I think Microsoft should do an investigation in the machine to know if the machine is compatible with this issue, Every time i have problem with the update of the windows in this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SSL / STARTTLS email notifications for File Server Resource Manager

There doesn't appear to be any way to set up SSL/STARTTLS configuration for email notifications from File Server Resource Manager.

Can this ability be added so that email can be securely sent?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Control + Left click

It would be nice if you could enable ctrl+left click as right click, the people (like me) who use a one buttom mouse the current way it works is a bit anoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add WPF Support to WinPE

While never fully supported, the support WinPE had for WPF was enough to allow folks to build flexible, customized tools. Most of us who have done it are SCCM admins building custom front-ends for the OSD process.

The excellent community has found a workaround to keep WPF going, but it would be nice to have support officially back to at least the level it was.

Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show how you actually file a bug with Windows Server support cases.

"If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free."

If you go to the link suggested how exactly are you supposed to open a "free" support case for Windows Server bug reports. In the contact us chatbot, there isn't even an option for Windows server. If you select "view all Microsoft products" and select Windows Server it just takes you to the Windows Server docs. So please explain, step by step like I'm a 5 year old, how I'm supposed to report a Windows server bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base