General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Can't install OpenSSH Server On Off-net (air-gapped) machines. Need a downloadable version (hotfix?)

I want OpenSSH server on my Windows 2019 machines. These are required to be air-gapped for security.

There appears to be no way to download that feature for separate installation. All the instructions assume connectivity to Microsoft.com.

Please provide a way to download the feature. (Note that obtaining this from non-MS sites, or compiling from source is prohibited by our government security representative.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SMB over SSH or encrypted SMB

Add the option to create a secure SSH tunnel between machines for SMB or extend SMB to use certificates and create an encrypted tunnel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Office 365 Migration

Organization may in need of Office 365 Migration. It may be from:

One Office 365 to another Office 365 account of the same domain or different domain

Office 365 to Live Exchange Server

Office 365 to PST Export, etc.

The native solutions put many limitations for the above requirements. The limitations may include:

Execution of complex Power Shell scripts,

Lengthy procedures, number of mailboxes,

Size of mailboxes, etc.

To overcome all these difficulties it is better to go with third-party solutions.

EdbMails for Office 365 Migration:

EdbMails is one of the best third-party Office 365 Migration solutions. It supports all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ADFS 2016 Windows integrated authentication and Azure MFA

Unable to use ADFS 2016 and Azure MFA for internal users.
    If i use Windows authentication and MFA, some websites i am able to bypass the multi factor authentication screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. WorkFolder

Dear MS-Team,

with implementing the new file on demand feature for OneDrive and Workfolder there is a very unpleasant problem with the Workfolder Feature. When using Workfolders with Windows 10 1803 and above no more thumbnails (Picture & Video) are displayed in the Windows Explorer. It would be great to fix that. Thanks a lot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Windows Server 2016 sends trafic to wrong network interface when connected to two networks

Running Windows Server 2016 Standard with Desktop Experience on a server with two network cards.

• the 1st network card is connected to the internet and receives the configuration via DHCP server on the network 193.136../24

• the 2nd card is manually configured as a private network with a fixed IP 192.168.1.254 and netmask 255.255.255.0 without gateway or DNS, this card is connected only to a network switch that is not connected to anything else.

Configured another machine with a fixed IP 192.168.1.1 that is connected to the switch, the server and client can ping each other just fine.

On…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Is this a Permission-Bug in Windows Firewall Logging?

Windows Firewall Log BUG

Situation:
    New Installed Server With 2016 Standard. Patched and up2date with June-2019 CU.
    Created a new Domain with itself beeing the first domaincontroler. Created a GPO to activate Windows Firewall and enable Logging of DROP and ALLOW to pfirewall-domain.log in the default-path.

What happens?
    The Log can´t be written, no access denied. Sysinternals Procmon shows no "Access Denied". Shows a few creates but does not write.
    [...]
    Detailed Explanation:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8ba16b4-8b7e-4c3a-a610-a67fed2e87ae/is-this-a-permissionbug-in-windows-firewall-logging?forum=win10itprosecurity

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can I remove RDP all together and replace with VDI?

RDP has been judged as dangerous in secured network. I will like to know if I can remove it all together and replace with VDI?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide simple and reliable graphical admin tools

• Old admin tools using MMC snapins were simple and efficient tools. They were reliable. And users could easily tailor user interface with their favorite tools.

• The Server Manager that appeared in 2012 is huge and inefficient. It's slow (each time you want to do something, you'll have to wait), and the UI is ******. Things are spread in separate buttons or popup menus all over the screen, which is far less efficient than a tree structure.

• The new Admin center is even more terrible : it's a tool for server administration, but it can not be used on a server,…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Estou registrando uma senha complexa Pr0#dut&c$2020 mas o CMDKEY da erro 'c$2020' dizendo que não reconhece

Estou registrando uma senha complexa Pr0#dut&c$2020 mas o CMDKEY da erro 'c$2020' dizendo que não reconhece

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Smartcard redirection on Microsoft Remote Desktop from Mac to Microsoft Server don't work on smart card enforced server.

Smartcard redirection on Microsoft Remote Desktop application from Mac to Server don't work on smart card enforced MS server. It will not allow us to get to the login window of the Server, where we can choose to use smartcard login. The Remote Desktop to the server keeps prompting for username and password and not the smartcard credential.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My letters are not correct displayed by "_" and "&" typing at Google keyboard

When i type "&" do i have to type "_" - The keyboard of Google will not used correctly by using the RD app of Google store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Storage Migration Service still missing In Essentials 2019 and Eval Media

It should be also available in Essentials version, but it is missing.
    Please update Essentials to have Storage Migration Service included.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ошибка в кодировке при вводе с клавиатуры

Приложение для андроид "Удаленный рабочей стол"
    Ошибка в кодировке при вводе с клавиатуры. Не верно передает некоторые символы и буквы' Например , . русские символы

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. storage migration service

Make it work cross domain or at least with a trust relationship in place

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug Press Shift RDP Android

When pressing the left shift key and holding to make a _ for example after this operation it is as if my Shift key is always pressed, needing me to press it again to stop working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Idid not enjoy about the program on dvd rw drive (e)

It says updating windows would help run my windows smoothly but why my dvd room wont start when inserted cd on it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Updates should not shutdown a server.

Windows Updates should not shutdown my server but rather restart. I would like the be able to configure shutdown.exe to force a restart when a shutdown was requested.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New-Cluster Powershell

When running new-cluster from an mgmt workstation and creating a cluster on remote servers, receive an error indicating a parameter is invalid, when running new-cluster from one of the cluster nodes, the command completes appropriately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Management of servers WU install and restart

Enterprise environment, 200+ servers 2012r2 @ 2016. We call for functionality to manage via GPO (means managable GUI way, no registry, scripts etc) WU installation & restart for specific group of servers based on their role in severity in our holding. We need to be able to specify day:hour:minute:second when downloaded updates have to init installation and specific day:hour:minute:second to be restarted so we can incorporate this into backup plan.
    For such management there is NOTHING on Win Servers OS. We need to work with specific days in calendar (not just "every monday..."), with specific time (sorry, not idiotic "working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base