General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show how you actually file a bug with Windows Server support cases.

"If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free."

If you go to the link suggested how exactly are you supposed to open a "free" support case for Windows Server bug reports. In the contact us chatbot, there isn't even an option for Windows server. If you select "view all Microsoft products" and select Windows Server it just takes you to the Windows Server docs. So please explain, step by step like I'm a 5 year old, how I'm supposed to report a Windows server bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PowerShell method of provisioning the Azure Automation RunAs account fails.

When I attempt to automate the provisioning of the Azure Automation Run As account using the attached script, the RunAs Certificate and RunAs Connection assets are created successfully, however the RunAs account does not import the thumbprint, name and expiration dates for the RunAs certificate in it's properties. As a workaround, I have to manually create the RunAs account in the portal. This is ok as a manual process, but I was hoping to automate the deployment of a lab or dev/test environment, then immediately provision a run as account for the automation account so that I can schedule startup…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A correct running Windows server should not have 1 or 2 Errors on the dashboard

On a normal working Windows 2016 server I pretty much always have 1 or 2 errors on the Server manager dashboard. Those 2 errors pretty much always relate to 2 services that have no use on a server as they relate to user stuff like syncronising mail and maps.
    Could you either simply by default disable those 2 services on a server or make the server manager smarter by not reporting those 2 services not running as an error. By the way, the Sync_Host... service seems to appear and disappear at random.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Arial Unicode MS font not supported while generating PDF file through Crystal Report (SAP) in IIS 10 (Windows Server 2019)

In my server has installed Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition , VS2010, VS 2017 crystal report (SAP)CRFORVS21. When i deployed the application in IIS server then crystal report does not support Arial Unicode MS font while generating PDF document but when execute the application through Asp.net server (VS) then working (Arial Unicode MS font displayed).
    Why IIS 10 not supported Arial Unicode font while generating PDF document file.
    Please help me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add any bluetooth mouse support to RDP on iOS (iPadOS)

Given that iPadOS 13 will be released soon and include some mouse support baked into the OS, can we please have generic bluetooth mouse support added to the iPadOS/iOS RDP app?

I've already confirmed I can pair the MX Master gen1 I have with the iPad and works as expected with the current mouse support from Apple, but proper mouse support baked into the app would make this actually usable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Suggestion: Improve Windows Server update process and reduce down times

Make Windows Server to be able to check, download, install updates while the server is running.

like Android project Mainline.

so at first there will be 2 OS drives instead of 1, they'll be clones of each other. when an updates pops up, the OS will download and install it on the other drive that is not used to run the OS. the updates can be installed and completely finished on that drive. the next time a system admin restarts the server, OS will boot up from the other updated drive without ANY downtime for installing or finishing updates. once…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When I use the imac retina optimization mode rdp to connect win10, there will be a certain delay in the operation. Even if I am a LAN direct

About RDP on MAC.

When I use the imac retina optimization mode rdp to connect win10, there will be a certain delay in the operation. Even if I am a LAN directly connected to the network cable. Is this optimization on the agenda?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows server 2019 evaluation can't activate of download updates

Hi all,

I recently installed a Windows server 2019 evaluation on a Hyper-V virtual machine.

after the install everything looked fine. I had internet access could install my Business Central and do everything I needed.

10 days after the install the windows server suddenly said it was not activated.

I know that when installing a windows server evaluation you need to have some form of internet access to activate it within the first 10 days and if that works it will be active for 180 days.

but when I click on activateit says it is activated.

also tried…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Installing Windows 2019 iso should fit on a single DVD.

I recently downloaded a 2019 Server ISO file and discovered it is too big to write to a DVD. But Windows Server 2019 also requires a GPT partitioned bootable drive. The only thumb drives I had available were too small, or were initialized as MBR. And then I discovered that a lot of thumb drives can't be initialized as GPT drives. What with that, and the previous time spent tracking down potential problems, I have now been working on updating a server to 2019 for a month, and still have not even started the actual update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: Add-Content keeps lock on file if file is locked

When two PowerShell sessions execute `Add-Content` on the same file, both throw a "Stream is not readable." exception, and both keep the file open, so the lock they establish is never getting released.

Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New training and certification for Windows Server 2019

When will new training and certifications be released for Windows Server 2019? Microsoft Learning or the Windows Server team has posted nothing about it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ADFS should automatically issue claims requested in metadata

Several major versions later, and ADFS STILL requires manual selection of claims, even when they're specified in referenced metadata. It would be much easier to walk clients through RP setup if that part of the standard were supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base