General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Kerberos using AES still not working where it should

Establish a two-way forest trust.

Try to establish Remote Desktop Connection from a computer in one forest to a computer in another forest, with an account that is a member of “Protected Users” security group. The connection will fail if the computer (from where you’re trying to establish RDP connection) does not have “RC4HMACMD5” kerberos encryption type enabled (i.e. it only has “AES256HMACSHA1” enabled).

On the other hand, if the user that is trying to establish Remote Desktop Connection is using an account that is NOT a member of “Protected Users” security group, and only AES…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "add forest" in group policy management does not work unless RC4 is enabled

We have two-way forest trust established and would like to manage group policy for both forests from one server.

On a member server where Group Policy Management console is installed, these encryption types are enabled in “Network security: Configure encryption types allowed for Kerberos“:
    AES256HMACSHA1
    Future encryption types

When I try to add another forest to Group Policy Management console (open “Group Policy Management” console, right click on “Group Policy Management”, click on “Add forest…”, enter domain name and then click “OK”), a message “Access is denied.” pops up.

If I enable “RC4HMACMD5” on the server…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Die virtuelle IP bei der RDS Sitzung fehlt in der Liste, funktioniert es nun beim Server 2019?

Die virtuelle IP bei der RDS Sitzung fehlt in der Liste, funktioniert es nun beim Server 2019?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DNS policies for reverse-lookup zones

Please implement support to configure DNS policies for reverse-lookup zones.
    We need a way to prevent sensitive private PTR records from being accessible on the internet in Split-Brain DNS configurations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. if you want insiders to test make the Desktop version more readily available

WAC is coming along however it just doesn't offer the same functionality as other admin utilities. Please include the LTS ISO in the downloads for insiders so we can have 1 with a gui and perhaps a couple running core. This will make it much easier to deploy and test.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Services.msc to the Right-Click Start Menu (WinKey+x menu)

Add Services to the Windows Server WinX menu (right click of start menu / the menu that appears when you press WinKey+x).

As an administrator, one of the first things I do after connecting to a server is open services.msc. The fastest way to do it has always been click Start, type "services.msc" press enter.

What I would prefer to be able to do is right-click start, choose "Services" but inexplicably, that option that admins use EVERY DAY is simply not in the list when obscure things that we rarely use low Power Options are in the list. Please add…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Issue with creating System-Insights Capability for custom PerfCounter

Adding the Datasource below:

DataSource perfCounter3 = new DataSource

{
    SourceType = DataSourceType.PerfCounter,
    PerformanceCounter = new PerformanceCounterDataSource
    {
    CounterPath = "GGD",
    CounterName = "Memory Bandwidth MB/sec",
    InstanceName = "*" // All instances

},
    AggregationType = DataAggregationType.Sum,
    SeriesContext = "GGDPerfCounters"
    };

Getting the following error below when i add the custom DataSource above:

Update-InsightsCapability : System Insights failed to register one or more of data sources for capability 'GGD Capability'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Update-InsightsCapability -Name "GGD Capability" -Library "C:\GGdCapa ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (GGD Capability:String) [Update-InsightsCapability], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : SystemInsightsError,Microsoft.SystemInsights.Management.PowerShell.UpdateInsightsCapabilityCommand

Everything works fine if i remove…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. distribute a text editor with Powershell

I just can't believe that Powershell doesn't have a default text editor...
    I mean something as simple as vi at least! This is ridiculous...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. awdfkahfouljawbnhol jfawlikj

FOOKIN' LASER SIGHTSDJAQWOUGFI/AGWFUONA

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Survey  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. You need to add better documentation for implementation for AOVPN

I am finding it very difficult to implement and configure AOVPN because of the lack of detailed documentation that is current and offers variations on deployment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exchange migration to Office 365 tool

Edmails Exchange migration to Office 365 tool migrates Exchange server user mailbox, public folders, archive mailboxes, and shared mailbox. It will completely and perfectly migrate all the mailbox items from one Exchange server to Exchange server and Office 365.

Exchange Migration

Key Features

High Performance migration
    Quick and easy migration
    True incremental migration
    Direct migration from Exchange to Exchange server
    Direct migration from Exchange to Office 365 server
    Automatic setting of impersonation rights to both source as well as target servers
    Automatic mapping of mailboxes between source and target server
    Facility to load CSV file in case of missing mailboxes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Azure Site Recovery using Windows Server 2016 Essentials (BUG)

I have the following problem, does not enable virtual machine replication, does not appear the region.

I have the following problem, does not enable virtual machine replication, does not appear the region.

Follow the link with the bug recording. In .gif format

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao3Mu098yZbCk916lxdQz4CLq4XT-A?e=1ATabp

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. alfatehhotel

Al-Fateh Hotel has won the confidence of Families and Multinational and other Comfort Searchers visitors to Lahore. Best VIP Family Hotel in Lahore . http://alfatehhotel.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 0x800f0954

I am getting this error 0x800f0954. I am follow this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ivxV6MRSw. Is this right to go? suggest some method

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ADFS RelayingPartyTrustsGroup Enhancements

When implementing multiple RelayingPartyTrustsGroup of substantial sizes, we are running into some point points with the Powershell interface.

Add-AdfsRelyingPartyTrustsGroup
    - Need a flag to manually specify the name

Remove-AdfsRelyingPartyTrustsGroup
    - Need an option to specify the name

Set-AdfsRelyingPartyTrustsGroup
    - Command doesn't existing but looking for something similar to the existing Set-AdfsRelyingPartyTrust command modify parameters found in get-AdfsRelyingPartyTrustsGroup

Get-AdfsRelyingPartyTrustsGroup
    - is painfully slow currently due to the full enumeration of the RelayingPartyTrusts identifier, should limit results a handful of RPT's to increase performance.
    - add an option to limit the number of RPT's enumerated with the query 1/10/20/100/unlimited/ect

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back the "net statistics server" command to Windows Server 2019.

In previous versions of Windows Server the command "net statistics server" returned useful server-related information (e.g. # sessions, # files accessed etc.). In Windows Server 2019 (at least with desktop experience) this command fails and indicates that "net statistics workstation" must be used. This command is normally used on workstations and returns a different set of information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. RDS HTML5 client resize locking up session

When connecting to a VDI session (individual win 10 machines) with regular RDP GPU, the session goes black when trying to resize to fullscreen. This is not happening with a session host.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. switch user in task manager without password in server 2019

Ok in server 2012, I can switch to a logged user in task manager without password if it's the same user.
    But in server 2019, this feature disappeared, I have to type a very long password everytime when I want to change to another session under the same user, which is very annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base