General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Remote Desktop App broken in ipadOS

Issue: Microsoft Remote Desktop for ipadOS cannot create new Remote Resources. Does not allow you to put a user or password. Please help!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow iOS RD Client to connect on non-standard port using colon in PC name (eg <mypc>:4389 instead of 3389)

allow iOS RD Client to connect on non-standard port using colon in PC name (eg <mypc>:4389 instead of 3389)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Troubleshooting Help for WRDC

I am having a lot of trouble connecting to Windows Remote Desktop. I have allowed access to Port 3389 on both my router and firewall and have used the Desktop name and gateway settings specified in Network Settings -> * -> WiFi -> Network connection details but am still seeing error code 0x3000060. Any help greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Regarding SFTP support out of the box in Windows servers

Dear Microsoft, Can you please add out of the box support for SFTP in Windows server. It will make our lives really easy.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Snip & Sketch to Win Server

Please add the "Snip & Sketch" feature of Windows 10 to Windows Server 2019. We'd love to have this basic feature for our users working with Citrix on Windows Server.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add any bluetooth mouse support to RDP on iOS (iPadOS)

Given that iPadOS 13 will be released soon and include some mouse support baked into the OS, can we please have generic bluetooth mouse support added to the iPadOS/iOS RDP app?

I've already confirmed I can pair the MX Master gen1 I have with the iPad and works as expected with the current mouse support from Apple, but proper mouse support baked into the app would make this actually usable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I use the imac retina optimization mode rdp to connect win10, there will be a certain delay in the operation. Even if I am a LAN direct

About RDP on MAC.

When I use the imac retina optimization mode rdp to connect win10, there will be a certain delay in the operation. Even if I am a LAN directly connected to the network cable. Is this optimization on the agenda?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. C:\Users\SEBANO3\Desktop\UV_5R_VIP (2) — kopia.zip

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tingkatkan kualitas aplikasi driver yang terbaru dan berkualitas untuk pengguna Microsoft Windows versi Android

Tingkatan aplikasi driver Microsoft berkualitas sangat penting untuk perangkat Android ataupun smartphone yg dilengkapi dengan otomatis sistem full program,kompresor dan fasilitas Wifi via satelit yang kompetibel untuk stiap perangkat Android smartphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Desktop Experience Simulation Remotely

Why the command line? Why there is no client software that remotely connects to server core and simulates the desktop experience based on server core for easy management? Therefore, on the client-side, we will see Windows Server desktop but commands transfer as commands line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello, I am able to access the remote desktop when i am using wifi connection at office. When i am trying it at home wifi or data it shows e

Hello, I am able to access the remote desktop when i am using wifi connection at office. When i am trying it at home wifi or data it shows e

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. please add some x11 forwarding to openssh

please add some x11 forwarding to openssh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "storage migration service"

Post a list of what the error codes mean in the error log for transferring files with storage migration service. I have no idea what code 2, 32 or 40973 mean! Would be nice to know so I can know why files failed to copy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Error massage that i spend 3 month serach for a slution

Error message that i spend 3 month search for a solution no one knows what's the problem

Getting this error in server 2019 and 2016 after closing GPMC.msc

Error ID 1000

The massage is:

Faulting application name: mmc.exe, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x176b88f0
    Faulting module name: GPOAdmin.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x84e18916
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000bb4cb
    Faulting process id: 0x980
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d50e351f75ca91
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\GPOAdmin.dll
    Report Id: 918fa381-d469-4623-9544-9a949e90666d
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base