General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Edge deployed to Servers

Can we have a Windows Update deploy Microsoft Edge to all servers? There are needs where currently Internet Explorer is used but IE will no longer be supported soon. I could manually install Edge on all servers but deploying though a Windows Update would be significantly easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot get client IP address by connecting from MSRDC.exe.

My app is calling WTSQuerySessionInformation API on WVD VM to get the Client Name and IP Address, but it cannot get IP Address on using MSRDC.exe.

<Calling>
    WTSQuerySessionInformation(WTSCURRENTSERVERHANDLE, WTSCURRENT_SESSION, WTSClientAddress, &pszData, &cbRet);
    <Result>
    Family : 0
    IP Address : 0.0.0.0

Please fix this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide multi-screen functionality for the Microsoft Remote Access App

Please provide multi-screen functionality for the Microsoft Remote Access App

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring Back Message Analyzer

Please bring back message analyzer. The 2014 version offers way more than just network traffic analysis and it's a brilliant tool for viewing event logs, log files, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More details on the proces itself.

I would like to know more about the internals of the process. Such as, doing an analysis on the drive. Does it do any good or is it totally informational? Does it help with preventing fragmentation?

Also, with the defragmentation itself, if time is short is it better to do a little at a time, run it to a percent of 'completed' first pass, or not to waste ones time.
    Explain what good defrag Analysis does. Is it informational only? Also, detailed explantion of the defrag process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unistalling winzip from my PC

Please cancel this application or any other from my PC and also stop charging me and pulling out $29.99 dollars from the bank acct. I am requesting your company for any charges taken out of my bank acct. Thank you. Today is Aug. 30th, 2020, Sunday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable smart card support on the MS Store Remote Desktop app, PLEASE!

Remote Desktop is one of the few Store apps I actually like. One of the corporate environments I work in uses RD Gateways and smart cards (SafeNet 5110 USB tokens) for authentication. I just discovered that the store app doesn't support smart cards :(
    Is support for them likely to be introduced in the near future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. chcem spider w sklepie

ieuikk,xcdwioofkmxmd,ngrdxkm,ndcj,mfdnc jkhfenmdrf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remote Desktop App Needs to Support Local Printers and Drives

Remote Desktop App Needs to Support Local Printers and Drives

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remote Desktop Connection linux client

Microsoft could develop a linux version of the application client "Remote Desktop Connection", like a Android, iOS and macOS versions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Intune / CSP auto subscribe to Windows Virtual Desktop

Add a configuration CSP policy in InTune to auto subscribe to feeds in windows virtual desktop. This will allow for a newly Autopiloted device to log in and have instance access to their WVD apps / desktops.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ensure applications are up to date (ie. cms v10 is not responding).

Upon log in to cms v10, user observed the application is only loading, and eventually not responding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remote desktop does not allow enter the password

Remote desktop does not allow enter the password > it goes in loop password window come the it does not wait and allow to enter password same thing happen in loop

to make it work i have to select as new account every time to login

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make openSSH work without it being a science project

Installed old copSSH, worked, installed Windows openSSH, didn't work. All sorts of people on internet saying "try this" or "try that". I need to do, not try. Windows should make it seamless, that's the power of Windows over Linux. You shouldn't need a masters degree in command line options to set.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Magic keyboard support

Where is support for the Apple Magic Keyboard w/ trackpad iPad case?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. stop automatic logoff when remotely supporting someone when using the ms ios remote desktop app

Hello

I am using microsoft remote desktop client app on my ipad. But as soon i remotely log on to a computer remotely, the computer i am trying to remotely support instantly logs off, making it impossible to remotely support someone eg a family member, and they cannot show me what they are doing wrong, and i cannot show them what they are doing wrong!

please could you update the ios rd client app, so it doesnt log you off the computer if another user logs on to it using the app???

THANK YOU!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. stop automatic logoff when remotely supporting someone when using the ms ios remote desktop app

Hello

I am using microsoft remote desktop client app on my ipad. But as soon i remotely log on to a computer remotely, the computer i am trying to remotely support instantly logs off, making it impossible to remotely support someone eg a family member, and they cannot show me what they are doing wrong, and i cannot show them what they are doing wrong!

please could you update the ios rd client app, so it doesnt log you off the computer if another user logs on to it using the app???

THANK YOU!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manage as in Admin Center

Even when I login with another credential to "Manage as" in Admin Center, that credential does not save.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base