General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add file locking so when using DFS, it' locks files across shared systems, so two people cannot edit at once.

Add file locking so when using Distributed File System, it' locks files across shared systems, so two people cannot edit at once.

Currently two people can open the same file on two servers connected using DFS, and they both can edit the file. Bob can edit it for 2 days, and then Sarah can open it on the second for 30 minutes. Then Bob closes his, and Sarah closes hers, and all of Bob's 2 days of work gets wiped out.

DFS has been around for... 8-10 years? Why has this not been fixed? Administrators have enough issues without having…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pasting image into Word 2016 & PowerPoint 2016 doesn't work

I'm on my laptop, and I'm connected to my remote computer via Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft app store.

1. I copy an image from PowerPoint 365 from my local laptop. I switch to PowerPoint 2016 on my remote computer. I paste the image into PowerPoint 2016 via CTRL-V. On the status bar in PowerPoint 2016, it says, "Press ESC key to cancel this operation." And it just sits there, even after 5 minutes. Result: No image is pasted on PowerPoint 2016.

If I use rdcMan, the behavior above doesn't happen, and I'm able to paste.

Please fix?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Disk Management under a non-domain account cannot detach VHDs on network shares

To reproduce:

1) Run Disk Management as a user that both:
    - is a local admin, and
    - has domain credentials to access some network share

2) "Attach VHD", choose a .vhdx file stored on a network share.

3) Run Disk Management as a user that both:
    - is a local admin, and
    - does not have domain credentials

4) Right-click the VHD's item in the Disk list, click "Detach VHD"

Observe that a dialog pops up reporting the UNC path to the VHD file, which is of course already a bad sign.
    Click OK.
    Observe that an dialog pops…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug fix ctrl+C quits session

I use RDP with a wireless keyboard. When I hit "ctrl+C" to copy, it will quit the RDP session. How to fix this?Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Windows server 2019 - Check for update and installed updates are not on sync..

Even though the update is installed, it is still showing as update to be installed in check for update wizard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow hard reset of frozen remote desktop

Windows has been freezing completely on remote desktop.
    Commands such as ctrl + alt + end don't work, but the remote machine is still capable of recognizing my password, it just doesn't leave the "unlock computer" screen at all.

Please allow for sending forced resets without depending on the remote interface.

A command prompt from local machine that acts on the remote machine would be perfect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. RSAT on Windows 10 2004

We have search the Web and cannot install RSAT on this OS. nothing works. even after tearing holes in our security , we have fiddled and broken WSUS. and still we cannot get the RSAT tools installed.
    We have the stand alone installer, we have tried the option feature approach. It simply will not install because we have a WSUS server. The end game over thats all folk, go back Windows 10 1809 so that you can work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. WSUS 10.0/6.3 cannot import update metadata through Microsoft Update Catalog

Currently I tested WSUS 10.0 (Server 2019) and WSUS 6.3 (Server 2012R2). Both versions of WSUS cannot import updates through the built-in import function. The error code is 80131509. Is this feature currently disabled?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Robocopy (windows 10 (2004, 19041.388) not Removes the specified attributes from copied files

I prepare batch script to copy files and it works months. But after update to windows 10 (2004, 19041.388) it can't access to folder. As i found: robocopy flag /a-:[RASHCNET] Removes the specified attributes from copied files. not work.

In help (/?) there now no such flag:

/A+:[RASHCNET] :: Добавлять заданные атрибуты скопированным файлам.

/A+:[RASHCNET] :: Удалять заданные атрибуты из скопированных файлов.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The syntax of the command is incorrect.

help me please..

C:\App>ren
    The syntax of the command is incorrect.

C:\App>rename
    The syntax of the command is incorrect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [bug] RDS clipboard not working if disk mapping disabled

I just found out that in Windows Server 2016 and 2019 if you disable disable option to allow mapping local Disk then clipboard is not working.

As for now i never needed to restrict RDS to only support clipboard so i didn't catch this but i think this is a big issue.

SO if you have configuration like in attachment then rdclipt won't start and you cannot user clipboard between client and server :/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need clarification on "Configure browsers to use Windows Integrated Authentication (WIA) with AD FS"

I am facing an issue where I have enabled the SSO with ADFS . I am able to do sso login from Mozila and Chrome but IE 11 is not letting me logged in with sso. IE keep asking for credentials so many times(ADFS LDAP user's credentials) and failing . From this doc I have tried to configure the browser to use WIA by configuring the AD FS property WiaSupportedUserAgents to add the required values based on the browsers. But still I am facing the same issue. as checked in the below command I can see that IE 11 is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix OAuth Token URL For ADFS Authentication

When authenticating to a pool (Fall 2019 release) via ADFS, the scope= parameter is specified twice (example below) which are reported as errors on the ADFS server, obfuscating more meaningful data. It would be appreciated if this could be fixed:

https://<adfs>/adfs/oauth2/token?granttype=refreshtoken&refreshtoken=<omitted>&scope=openid+logoncert&windowsapiversion=2.0&nux=1&siteid=501413&scope=logoncert&display=popup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix Hyper-V server from crashing when services is (erroneously) entered in PowerShell

Erroneously entering "services" in PowerShell under Hyper-V 2016 causes the system to blue screen (Critical Stop)
    Please fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. can't show users

when connecting to win server 2016 datacenter.
    because of my group'name with chinese?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why do I still need to enter the password to log in with the rsa_key

当我使用powershell输入命令
    ssh -i C:\Users\userName.ssh\id_rsa Name@192.240.184.10
    它提示我输入密码