General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RAID 10 in Storage Space

RAID 10 is useful but it is missing in Storage Space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prioritize proficiency of computation within and throughout kernel limits

Windows is primarily utilized with Office and associated developer software to deal with ("financial") data sheets based on our clients. Optimizing for high-performance data processing via kernel retrofit programming would be quite useful. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support AMD FirePro™S-Series on Hyper-V with SR-IOV allowing DDA to VMs

AMD FirePro S Series graphics card are server-class GPUs.
    They also support SR-IOV, so one physical AMD FirePro S7150 GPU can appear to be multiple GPUs to the hypervisor. You should then be able to assign a GPU using Discrete Device Assignment (DDA) to a VM, then within the VM treat it as a full GPU.
    It seems that all the building blocks are in place;
    https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/firepro-s-series-datasheet.pdf

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/plan/plan-for-gpu-acceleration-in-windows-server

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GPO to schedule KrbTgt (Golden Ticket) password reset

We need a fully automated way to reset the KrbTgt (Golden Ticket) password. This is not a manually created or managed account thus the system should manage it's password. Currently, by default, the password would never change. If you want to change the password it is not as simple as a normal password change event.

I want a GPO that controls the schedule of KrbTgt (Golden Ticket) password reset. It should default to every 6 months. This would make the default configuration of domain controllers much more secure.

This would be in line with the guidance found in the following…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Windows Hello as a login option to Windows Server

With Windows Hello login could be more secure, if administrators could use fingerprint or PIN code for logging in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unistalling winzip from my PC

Please cancel this application or any other from my PC and also stop charging me and pulling out $29.99 dollars from the bank acct. I am requesting your company for any charges taken out of my bank acct. Thank you. Today is Aug. 30th, 2020, Sunday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I dont agree with the OpenSSH installation on Windows.

People like Windows cause its a generally easy operating system to use for a non-techy person. The whole Linux based system of using the command prompt to specify which user or groups can access your so called "server" is utter bullshit because for one thing it adds to the things the user would have to learn to use the operating system. Linux is a complicated operating system. Most of the tutorials on Youtube are HOURS long. Lastly and more importantly, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO HAVE ANYONE OR ANY OTHER GROUP TO ACCESS YOUR MACHINE? Absolute privacy on a machine…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use Windows 7 "Help and Support" configuration in Windows 10, or give the option to Use.

As a "Newbie" like myself and hungry for learning I have tried both Windows 10 and Windows 7 Help and Support and have found Windows 7 more use full,informative and the ease of problem solving is unmatchable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug fix ctrl+C quits session

I use RDP with a wireless keyboard. When I hit "ctrl+C" to copy, it will quit the RDP session. How to fix this?Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Group Policy Grouping

Grouping group policy objects

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable smart card support on the MS Store Remote Desktop app, PLEASE!

Remote Desktop is one of the few Store apps I actually like. One of the corporate environments I work in uses RD Gateways and smart cards (SafeNet 5110 USB tokens) for authentication. I just discovered that the store app doesn't support smart cards :(
    Is support for them likely to be introduced in the near future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. chcem spider w sklepie

ieuikk,xcdwioofkmxmd,ngrdxkm,ndcj,mfdnc jkhfenmdrf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Windows server 2019 - Check for update and installed updates are not on sync..

Even though the update is installed, it is still showing as update to be installed in check for update wizard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. EDB Recovery Software

Enstella EDB to PST tool maintains the folder structure of the EDB file intact and also lets you preview all the EDB contents before export operation begins. Whets most novels about Enstella is that its interface is so easy to understand and self explanatory that you don't need to be a technical person to be able to retrieve all the information from your Exchange database file.

Get more information to click here-https://www.enstella.com/exchange-email-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to see an APP that checks for the safety of my personal data

I am a 77year old newbie, elderly, retired United States Irish male looking to obtain additional money to enhance my retirement time for myself, my wife, my children and my grandchildren without having to be a victim of another SCAM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not abandon WSUS – for the sake of Azure, if nothing else

The more money I save on bandwidth, the more I have to buy Azure services.

WSUS is a feature of Windows Server that helps us save Internet bandwidth immensely. It guarantees that I can download an update once and install it on 4500+ devices, especially those that do not have (or aren't allowed to have) an Internet connection. Its counterpart, Delivery Optimization, does not guarantee such a thing and does not offer such a good saving.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Microsoft has almost nearly retired WSUS since it has become a cloud company. Delivery Optimization and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base