General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need more document about building RDS env with fixed IP

When I deploy my RDS env, the RDS GW has a fixed public IP but I want my session host to share the same outgoing public IP. This is because some Azure Service such as Azure MySQL only whitelist certain IP.

This is a prevalent requirement, I had been surprised that the AZ std RDS env build docs did not address this RDS.

I am trying an Azure Loadbalancer to achieve this:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/configure-load-balancer-outbound-cli
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-outbound-rules-overview

Hope you can put this in the documentation at least put in the "Note" part.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote Desktop web client and desktop certificate

In the web client we get the following message:

Oops, we couldn't connect to "Workstation"

Your session ended because an unexpected server authentication certificate was received from the remote PC. Ask your admin or tech support for help.

If we use the standard remote desktop application, we can choose to accept that the certificate may not be correct and connect anyway. It would be good if we had the same choice through the web client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please Add Remote Desktop back to the App Store (IOS and iPadOS)

Hello, I notice that Microsoft Remote Desktop has been removed from the App Store for iOS and iPadOS devices .

Please add it back. We have 50+ Users that rely on this as our workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mirocosoft Security & Compliance Toolkit - Common approach to apply GPOs

Currently the GPOs provided by MS SCT (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-compliance-toolkit-10) have differents approaches how to install them.
    e.g.
    Windows 10 Version 1507 Security Baseline\LocalScript\10ClientInstall.cmd
    Windows 10 Version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 Security Baseline\Local
    Script\BaselineLocalInstall.ps1
    Windows 10 Version 1909 and Windows Server Version 1909 Security Baseline\Scripts{Baseline-LocalInstall.ps1, Baseline-ADImport.ps1, Remove-EPBaselineSettings.ps1}

It would be nice to have common/generic approach how those GPOs can be applied. For example one powershell script that can be used to install any GPO regardless of the Windows patch level or AD status (joind to AD or standalone/local GPO) and specify the details with parameters. Otherwise…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Explain the error "Щīńδǿωŝ Ĥ℮ℓℓò ƒòґ ßùśĩήėŝś ρгŏνіŝīőπĩńġ щīŀļ йŏτ вë łǻüŋ¢нεð."

The "User Device Registration" section in Event Viewer gives somewhat concerning logs. These logs should be explained, assuming my system is not compromised. No other log is like this, it's only "Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> User Device Registration".

For example:

Щīńδǿωŝ Ĥ℮ℓℓò ƒòґ ßùśĩήėŝś ρгŏνіŝīőπĩńġ щīŀļ йŏτ вë łǻüŋ¢нεð.
    Ðэνįčĕ ïŝ ∆ĀĐ јόïπέð ( ΛÄĐĴ õř ĐЈ++ ): Not Tested
    Ũѕеř ħąѕ ļöģģĕδ ôņ ωιτн ÁДÐ čŗ℮ðěπŧíдŀş: No
    Ẃĩńđŏшѕ Ħęľľσ ƒõґ Ъцşīʼnеšś φőĺíçŷ іś ℮лавℓéđ: Not Tested
    Шīʼnδŏẁŝ Ήεℓłо ƒοѓ Ьϋѕíήèşŝ ρбѕť-ŀŏğóʼn ρřõνìšīŏŋìπĝ ĩş ëηãьļĕδ: Not Tested
    Ŀοсªļ сǿmρџť℮ŕ mĕĕŧѕ Ẅīņđбŵŝ ħęľłõ ƒóг вцѕīиєśş ђâŕðωãŗз…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 安卓10版远程不能全屏

安卓10版远程不能全屏

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. fix windows 10 frome ******* up new dard drives

you me off new hard drive put pc put windows 10 in and it ** my new #TB HARD DRIVE UP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. wecutil /qc urlacl problem

wecutil /qc doesnt configure the urlacl for http//:+:8595/wsman correctly.
    just the winrm service gets access, but the wecsvc needs access aswell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think Microsoft should do an investigation in the machine to know if the machine is compatible with this issue, Every time i have problem

I think Microsoft should do an investigation in the machine to know if the machine is compatible with this issue, Every time i have problem with the update of the windows in this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SSL / STARTTLS email notifications for File Server Resource Manager

There doesn't appear to be any way to set up SSL/STARTTLS configuration for email notifications from File Server Resource Manager.

Can this ability be added so that email can be securely sent?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Control + Left click

It would be nice if you could enable ctrl+left click as right click, the people (like me) who use a one buttom mouse the current way it works is a bit anoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ninguna

todo va bien

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. RDSH role breaks Windows Search

Hello,

on a fresh installed and fully patched Windows Server 2019 Std if I enable RDSH role the Windows Search stops working.

Windows Search service looks good and eventlog shows no errors but Indexing Options shows no locations enabled for indexing and I am unable to add them

Things I have already tried

1 - Windows Search service restart

2 - Server restart

3 - Rebuild Index

4 - Enable Windows Search feature

5 - DISM ad SFC

6 - Windows Troubleshoot - shows incorrect permission on C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data folder but is unable to fix them. If I manually fix those…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This is too Complex: "Deploy Windows Server Hybrid Cloud Print with Pre-Authentication"

I'd like to join all of my on-premise machines to Azure AD (and remove them from the local domain). However, it is procedures such as this one that are incredibly complex to set up. I'd like to recommend that Azure engineers refine and simplify such a process as this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/hybrid-cloud-print/hybrid-cloud-print-deploy

The easier you make doing a task such as this one, the quicker folks like me will migrate users over to Azure. It should not be so difficult to implement something so basic such as accessing an on-premise printer (that's joined to a local domain) from AAD joined machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft Remote Desktop App broken in ipadOS

Issue: Microsoft Remote Desktop for ipadOS cannot create new Remote Resources. Does not allow you to put a user or password. Please help!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [ADFS2019] Allow custom themes per application group

Implement a command like Set-AdfsRelyingPartyWebTheme but for Application Groups.
    Currently it is not possible to define a theme per application group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ADFS managed within Admin Center

Please add support for ADFS managed from within Admin Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. regedit address bar

When is (did?) the regedit address bar coming (come) to Windows Server?

It would be a big help navigating remote registries. We would save bandwidth and improve performance to go directly to a location in registry on our remote clients on slow networks, instead of slowly opening trees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base