Bug: TP5: Notepad.exe often crashes when closing text files
1) browse around the file system or any zip files, double click on any .txt files you find to read them.
2) Click 'X' in the top right of notepad to close out of notepad.
1) open explorer and click on "Documents" in the treeview to show your documents (and a folder you should definitely have permissions to).
2) In the area showing your folders and files, right click and choose to create a new text document. (I named it test.txt)
3) Double click the new text file and add some text. (I wrote "hello")
4) Select 'File' -> 'Save'
5) Click the 'X' at the top right of Notepad or, Select 'File' -> 'Exit' to close it.
Unhandled exception at 0x.... (ntdll.dll) in notepad.exe 0x... "Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000"
No crashing bugs.
Clean Win Server 2016 TP5 - Build 14300.rs1_release_svc.160324-1723
the machine is joined to an AD domain.
user is logged on with a domain account.
This is not reproducible here (and we'd have heard about a general use failure in Notepad about an hour after TP5 released!). Please reproduce with a VM you build from an ISO and keep isolated from your domain/infrastructure - add no network or software to it. If it still reproduces let me know, we can talk about getting a dump.