To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

Manage Settings (New Control Panel) for RDSH Servers

I am working on a new lockdown group policy that will be used for our future Windows 2016 XenApp servers.

As this will be used for a lot of users, certain things will need to be locked down. For example the Settings need to be locked down in the same way as it possible with Control Panel.

I want to be able to manage what settings is visible in Settings with GPO.

We cannot allow users on a shared RDSH server to install windows update, add VPN connection, check what application is installed etc etc.
With Control Panel it was possible to hide certain settings, with Settings its all or nothing.

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel Viklund shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is high priority!
    A RD-Server on wich a normal user can start a update installation and can trigger a reboot is not ready for production envoronment at all!
    WIndows Server 2016 is our for a year now - such big issues should definitly be resolved by now!
    We bought multiple datacenter licenses to upgrade our serverfarm to 2016 - but this is a total desaster.

The GPO "Settings Page Visibility" is working for Windows 10 - but not fpr Server 2016. Please fix this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this request. It's going to be extremely sloppy to lockdown an RDS serer without any type of control over the "Settings" app like we have over the Control Panel applets.

We can block most f the underlaying functions one way or another but regular users shouldn't even see the option and definately not see funky error messages when they do click on them 'to try it out'.

Feedback and Knowledge Base