To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

We need a new TechNet forum named Windows Server 2016 Essentials

Please create a new TechNet forum named Windows Server 2016 Essentials to align with new product released.

30 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dave PatrickDave Patrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Normally documentation gets produced before a product is released, not after. 2016 Essentials support info is near impossible to find.

• Larry Struckmeyer, MVPLarry Struckmeyer, MVP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mixed emotions about this. On the face of it every new edition could profit from a dedicated forum to keep it simple. On the other hand the Essentials product does not differ much from one edition to the next, plus having all the Essentials related questions/answers in one forum can facilitate finding the right answer.

It would help if posters indicated the version in the subject of the question, and maybe the designers could add a tick box to the forum "ask a question" icon to mandate a version selection.

• Donald ElamDonald Elam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Those of us with SBS 2011 Essentials customers are looking forward to upgrading them to Windows Server 2016 Essentials. A new TechNet Windows Server 2016 Essentials forum would be helpful.

• Bob NitrioBob Nitrio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since this is the new go-to solution for many of our SMB clients, I respectfully make this request as well

• Dave PatrickDave Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The forums application contractors cannot create or even suggest. It must come from a full time microsoft employee so we need the windows server product managers or someone MSFT to submit the request.

Feedback and Knowledge Base