To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

Media Streaming Service for Windows Server Essentials 2016

Need windows media streaming service back for server essentials 2016

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tony RTony R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joaquin OchoaJoaquin Ochoa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes Microsoft please bring back windows media services. it was a much needed service for companies to be able to stream events and broadcast internal messages.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed Windows Server 2016 Essentials and try to set Media Server role based on the description below.
        [Get started with Windows Server 2016 Essentials] -> [Manage Digital Media in Windows Server Essentials 2016] -> [Turn media dtreaming on or off]
        https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/manage/manage-digital-media-in-windows-server-essentials#BKMK_4
        However, there is no "Media" tab in the [Dashboard]-[Settings] page.
        Does anyone let me know how to enable Media Server role in Windows Server Essentials 2016?
        Before installing 2016, I have been using Windows Server 2012 Essentials and it has been working as Media Server (DLNA).
        regards,
        Hiroshi

• JoelJoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a need for a lot of us as far as I can read around on several forums.
        Why when we go to official Microsoft website, a media pack is valid to download 2012 R2 and 2016, when we try to install, the media pack is not valid for 2016 ?

A reply from microsoft server 2016 development team would be greatly apreciated by a number of users

Thx

Feedback and Knowledge Base