To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

Scheduled Tasks do not store domain information of runas account

If you create a scheduled task in Server 2016, the domain information of the user is not saved or stored.
Getting the principal with powershell or exporting the task as xml does not show the domain information either.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

cgsilvercgsilver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Task Scheduler now saves the user as a SID (security identifier - a bunch of numbers with hypens in it) instead of the "DOMAIN\USERNAME" and in my case it turns out that there was a new restrictive security privilege called SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege that is set to disabled.

Removing this privilege fixes my issue with the Task Scheduler in that it would run a task, but not as the user that was set to "Run as".

• TechSupport247TechSupport247 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of several task scheduler bugs introduced in 1607. I can't believe these bugs haven't been fixed yet (no change in 1703).

Other bugs include:
        - repeating tasks only start when the starting date is set in the future
        - updating Shadow Copy schedules does not update the associated scheduled tasks
        - scheduled tasks with multiple actions only execute the first action, unless "run only when user is logged on" is selected

Feedback and Knowledge Base