To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

Uninstall button greyed out in Software Center for applications that are pushed via a "required" collection

When deploying an application through a collection in "required" state, uninstall button is greyed out. This doesn't happen if the application is installed through a collection in "available" state. We would like to have the uninstall button always accessible, no matter if the application was pushed in a required state or not. Corruption happens all the time and technicians need to be able to uninstall/reinstall all the time. Because uninstall is greyed out, they have to use the control panel instead, which defeats the purpose of using Software Center.

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Laurent Mortezai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if the application is made available to the Support Staff and but required for the PCs the option is greyed out no matter who logs into the PC. I could see the logic behind this. For instance, I wouldn't want end users to be able to uninstall their Antivirus or web gateway software. Could they add a check box to the deployment to allow uninstall for all users?

• Espen Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree that this should be an option for all required deployments. With more than 20000 PCs our Support staff need to perform the manual uninstallation / reinstallation regularly. Not having this option have led to us still preferring Application deployment for 95 % of all deployments. Users can then work on a locked down PC with Mandatory Installation of the application with a Uninstall deployment avaliable when needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base