To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

AGPM

Continue support and updates for Advanced Group Policy Management. Our company uses AGPM extensively and would like to see future enhancements and support continued. If there is a replacement Microsoft product, it doesn't seem to be found.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean Cook shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For large organizations management of Active Directory tends to get out of control. AGPM puts the control back into Active Directory. Wake up Microsoft! Continue your support and enhancements to AGPM!

• Tom Ausburne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several customers who I have helped recently implement AGPM and they wish it were a bit more automated during the install, such as the option to select if it should remove delegated permissions. Also the most recent patch removes file/folder permissions that have to be fixed for it to be used again. Since it appears that a command has to be run granting Group Policy Creator Owners rights to all existing GPOs, why wasn't that part of the install or at least an option to check for it to be done. I have had customers ask why it wasn't written as a complete replacement for GPMC so if someone decided to use it all functions can be done within a separate AGPM MMC instead of an add on to GPMC.

• LUVoice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vital product for us. A little buggy on the deployment side occasionally.

One support/enhancement request - to be able to copy text from the Comments field, of selected history line, in the GPO History window.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very nice tool to rollback a GPO change and also see the difference before applying new changes

Feedback and Knowledge Base