To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

[Bug] Windows Admin Center page keeps requesting credentials

The Windows Admin Center page keeps requesting credentials for the Windows Admin Center when adding computers or installing extensions, and it often does so twice in a row.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I uninstalled after seeing this. Apparently there are bugs in the different browsers and you have to go through the learning curve of figuring out what works in each browser before you can really use the app. I uninstalled and will try again in another year but I really don't have faith that they'll get this to work since they started with antiquated tech to begin with. They chose to use Websockets which means this will never work in anything other than a Microsoft browser but the have other specific bugs to Edge as well so I'm not really sure how they think it's ready for use. This is a beta product at best.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only that, Windows Admin Center saves no credentials. So the process goes like this for adding a single managed node: we enter the managed node name, the Windows Admin Center page requests credentials, we enter them, the managed node is found but Windows Admin Center requests credentials for it, we select "Use another account for this connection" and enter the same credentials as before, then the Windows Admin Center requests credentials again and we must enter the same credentials for the third time. Multiply by ~50 for every managed node.

Feedback and Knowledge Base