To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

MSTSC Should Be More Forthcoming With Diagnostics; Beyond "An Internal Error Occurred"

I manage a PC that runs Broadcast Software International's Simian application in production 24/7 for a radio station. It is royally impossible to manage the PC via mstsc which reports "An Internal Error Occurred." There is a VPN involved provided by WatchGuard's appliance. The VPN is NOT the problem. Remote Desktop works for the brother PC that also runs Windows 7 with University of Kansas's Telephone Reader application in production 24/7. My hypothesis is that the broadcast-quality sound card is being accessed, with catastrophic results, by the server part of RDP in Windows 7 even in the case where I configure the setup to not send sound across the Internet. There is also an odd log entry in the System log entries. I have been asking Microsoft to fix this defect for one full year. Microsoft is busy rolling out Windows 10 releases in accord with the DevOps philosophy (sometimes referred to as a methodology). Just a message from one one thousandth of one percent of Windows users worldwide. In closing, I use UltraVNC which provides the remote desktop functionality that Microsoft, the World's Premiere maker of consumer operating systems, does not.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)