To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

Resolve the Windows Server 2019 bug stopping it from booting on certain servers with UEFI enabled when the Hyper-V Role is installed.

There's a pretty big problem on some servers (at least two Dell PET Servers I've tried so far) that stops Server 2019 from booting/goes into a boot loop once the Hyper-V role is installed.

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Toby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously Microsoft??? Many of us wants to start upgrading to WS2019....

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

R510 has this issue when installed on UEFI as well.

Still not fixed with 2018-12 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 for x64-based Systems (KB4483235) installed.

This issue does not happen with Windows Server vNext Preview Build 18298 so it's either fixed there or the bug is not on that branch.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. Dell R720 with Windows Server 2019 Datacenter with last update 2018-12. After enabling Hyper-V, the server enter in a reboot loop.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed -- why this would even need a suggestion is beyond me, but... I've tried updating to the 2018-12 rollup, and it STILL bootloops once HyperV is installed, so they don't seem too interested in fixing a showstopper.

Feedback and Knowledge Base