To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

System cCnter Unified agent, as instalable Windows Server feature..

Unify All the System Center Agents (virtual machine manager, SCOM, etc) in one solution (for example: SC unified Agent) .Integrate the System Center Agent as a Windows Server Feature (like .Net, BITS and the like).

36 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AlvaroAlvaro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Miguel GuarachiMiguel Guarachi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS!!, i dont see a competition problem (as long as u can uninstall it, or its an ready to install optional feature)...
        The pain in the A** that is to install, configure, monitor and configure so many agents that work in different ways, use different ports, is unnecessary as all of SC its licensed as a whole....

• Terry Wrennall (Black V)Terry Wrennall (Black V) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe not bundle them in the OS, but please please make a unified agent, so I don't have to install DPM agent OM agent, VMM agent, etc etc etc

Should have managment/unified agent, that DPM/OM/VMM/etc add to

• Andrew TAndrew T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doubt we will see any Microsoft agents bundled in with the OS - I give it about 10 minutes t for the competition to start working on a lawsuit for un-competitive behavior ;)

• YoaYoa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

^^ THIS

Imagine that ease of management, rigth now we have to deploy agents for SCOM,SCVMM, SCDPM, and so on...and everyone of those uses diff ports and kirks.
        Having 1 Unified agent would be a godsend.

Even if you dont want to ship it inbox (as Ned points out) , a single MSI would suffice

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Systems Center" seems more like a marketing scheme than an actual technology platform. We run Ops Mgr 2012 and Config Mgr 2012: Both are set up to be "Active Directory integrated" but that means different things to each, and neither is actually aware of the other unless you explicitly configure it -- clearly they don't actually use AD to discover information about each other.
        Each has it's own agent and sets up its own services on clients; they share no binaries and have different prerequisites. We have separate installation packages for each. It's just one more thing to have to manage.
        I would love to see a single agent covering all System Center apps (I voted for this), but it seems like the platform has a lot of maturing yet to do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base