General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Free Technical Support for Students

It would be great if students could submit technical support requests for free, and if they are serious enough, get assistance with the issue for free.

Backstory:
    Why Give Out Software to Students and Charge Us When We Need Assistance? - I have been using Microsoft products for everything school related, but now I have an issue with my server, you want to charge $500 for assistance with something critical and can't fix ourselves. I think I made a big mistake trying to learn Microsoft for my career, because I wouldn't be having the issue I have now if I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. to a non-techie, this is jibberish

impossible for a non-techie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hi, I have an idea for Windows 10. Next to the copy option, the option to add to the copy (add to the clipboard) so that the previous data i

Hi, I have an idea for Windows 10.
    Next to the copy option, the option to add to the copy (add to the clipboard) so that the previous data in the clipboard is not deleted.

E-mail: imansia1990@yahoo.com
    gmail: imanblack2000@gmail.com
    Phone: 989176878911
    Phone: 989356299715

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Storage migration service re-sync modified files during or after cut over

I setup a Server 2019 VM and migrated our old 2008R2 file server, to this server with the Storage migration services through Windows Admin Center.

It seems to work as designed and seems to be a great tool for admins.

However on our current production file server, the migration takes 7 days. Too long to perform it out of hours, and too long to downtime the server. The result is outdated files on the destination side. I haven't found a way with SMS to resolve the issues with latest files being left behind on the source machine.

I'm not sure…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Bug] Windows Admin Center page keeps requesting credentials

The Windows Admin Center page keeps requesting credentials for the Windows Admin Center when adding computers or installing extensions, and it often does so twice in a row.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. RDP client: configuring source port

(Upvote please for the sake of flexibility and security)

Please allow configuring the client source port for RDP in stead of the currently random port selection.
    In addition to changing RDP on the remote server. I want to limit connectivity except from specific ports at the client side to enforce security.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New time writing product idea that can beat salesforce

New time writing product idea that can beat salesforce

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remote Desktop Connetion - for Android - Plug and Play Device Access on Remote PC

I have downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop Application from Playstore and have taken away my computer's remote. But in that I want to connect a barcode scanner through the mobile, so what I have to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. to take out the google search from Microsoft

my idea is to take out the google search from Microsoft and we create new search like google for Microsoft and it only used my Microsoft windows and I named it has micro search means even micro issue also will not escape means better then google search and lastly my hamble request sir please think about if we use this idea no company will beat the microsoft and have a nice day

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. bring back windowsupdate.log and windows update control panel feature to server 2016

Bring back the windowsupdate.log and windows update control panel feature to Server 2016 and 2019. there is no logical reason to remove the log and why would you force the admin to export the log via powershell in some xml format, and decode it via symbols blablabla. Obfuscating the log files is an obvious attempt by msft to take over patch management from the end user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reinstate the Network Policy Server tools in RSAT

The 1809 version of RSAT does not include the tools required to manage Network Policy Servers (NPAS), and they need to be reinstated for managing these servers on networks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bureau a distance

Je me sert de bureau a distance car je dois travailler sur mes deux ordi mais au bout de quelques seconde je tombe inactif sur l'ordinateur hôte nous devrions avoir la possibilité de laisser bureau a distance actif tout le temps j'ai cherché une solution pendant deux jours sans trouver, je suis a la maison et j'ai trois ordis donc pour la sécurité il n'y a pas de problème.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please I Am Trying To Recover My Gmail salemhill2462@gmail.com,Please HelpMe To Recover It

I Have Been Trying For Weeks To Recover My Old Gmail account That I Have Had For Years On Google,I Have All My Info,Everyone Knows This Gmail It Is salemhill2462@gmail.com,How Can I Get It Back,This Other Account Is Useless To me As Know one Knows it,Please Help Me Get It Back,Ty Carol Murray

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. windowsupdateprovider needs documentation

the build in module windowsupdateprovider has no online help. and no downloaded help

so No examples or how to use it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How the **** do you update the help in powershell?

I tried to run Get-Help on a command in PS and it said I didn't have the help. So I tried running Update-Help and it fails to get the help docs I need. ONLY Microsoft could: 1) Fail to include help 2) **** up the process of getting the help and then do nothing about it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Initiate SCCM Wake-on-LAN from the Secondary Site Servers/DPs.

Request for Wake-on-LAN (WoL) to be initiated from the Secondary Site Servers and DPs. Currently only the Primary Servers are able to initiate WoL but due to certain security concerns and geographical challenges, multicast and unicast broadcasts is either not permitted or limited. These limitations prevents the Primary Server to wake up clients at remote locations. If WoL traffic is initiated on the Site Servers and DPs, the WoL traffic will remain within their respective local networks while maintaining a security posture by blocking external unicast and multicast traffic.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simplify Naive user process. For example, the icons on my Windows 10 screen sometimes are blank, or I would like to add one

I should be able to post my own new funcction, change the name (or make one that has gone boank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base