General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RDSH role breaks Windows Search

Hello,

on a fresh installed and fully patched Windows Server 2019 Std if I enable RDSH role the Windows Search stops working.

Windows Search service looks good and eventlog shows no errors but Indexing Options shows no locations enabled for indexing and I am unable to add them

Things I have already tried

1 - Windows Search service restart

2 - Server restart

3 - Rebuild Index

4 - Enable Windows Search feature

5 - DISM ad SFC

6 - Windows Troubleshoot - shows incorrect permission on C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data folder but is unable to fix them. If I manually fix those…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WSUS should have much better reporting functionality

In the WSUS console, I should be able to search a KB, then get back a list of not only the overall compliance, but get lists of servers that do and don't have the patches installed, without having to dig deep into PowerShell or .NET libraries. I also think the same should be possible for the inverse, where you query a computer and should get back a list of patches WSUS knows is installed/not installed. You can currently sort of do this all via hokey scripts and Excel Vlookup magic, but it would be so much nicer if it was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. windows server essentials rds support

windows server essentials how many user can take RDP access ..

possible upgrade number of user RDP access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add support for Get, Add, Replace, Delete item for OMA-URI value to Account CSP

Please add support for OMA-URI values for https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/accounts-csp

Currently it only supports Add and not even GET. That creates some false positive on the Intune MDM side that shows the profile failed but the OMA-URI values are written but because of the GET function is not supported, it showing as failed.

please help to add Get, Add, Replace and Delete function for these OMA-URI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ConfigStoreRootPath & SharedStoragePath Path Change

Both the ConfigStoreRootPath and SharedStoragePath locations under a hyper-v cluster cannot currently be amended after they are initially set so if you move the cluster storage to another storage array with different volume names you either have to:
    1.) recreate the whole cluster to change locations of these values.
    2.) rename the volumes to the old paths and then change all corresponding virtual machine paths or
    3.) Create a small volume with the same name and path as already set for both ConfigStoreRootPath & SharedStoragePath.

It seems completely bizarre that such a well documented limitation has not be addressed by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email signature software for Office 365

Sigsync is secure email signature software for Office 365 that simplifies the creation and management of email signatures for all Office 365 users. It helps to be compliant and create email signatures seamlessly. No matter from which device you’re sending emails from. Sigsync supports email signature across all the devices (Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile etc.) and email clients.
    Complete control over email signature
    Sigsync supports centralized management to have a complete control over email signatures for the entire organization. It retrieves the information such as Name, Company, Address details etc., from the Azure Active Directory and insert into your email…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The current auditing of LAPS password access events are not fine-grained

The current auditing of LAPS password access events are not fine-grained and it becomes very difficult for an administrator to separate LAPS events with other population of 4662 which are huge in number. May be Microsoft can distinguish the LAPS password access event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. chcem spider w sklepie

ieuikk,xcdwioofkmxmd,ngrdxkm,ndcj,mfdnc jkhfenmdrf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Start menu performance

Clicking on the start menu on a server should do far less than on Windows 10. I am always finding delays with the start menu showing when clicking on it on a server and a long wait for the search to start when I start typing. I know part of this is related to disk resources -- I need to make some improvements there on the Host machine as the VMS are sharing disk resources. However, I feel like the functionality behind the start menu on server 2016 could be reduced down to what it used be like on 2008…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. fix the pop-up in Windows Admin Center for storage migration

When selecting Storage Migration Service, a pop-up will always come up, no matter if you select the option to never show again. Also, the feedback link in there takes you nowhere.
    Now, we all know Microsoft tries to over achieve, but telling me the job is done over 100%... :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. fix the pop-up in Windows Admin Center for storage migration

When selecting Storage Migration Service, a pop-up will always come up, no matter if you select the option to never show again. Also, the feedback link in there takes you nowhere.
    Now, we all know Microsoft tries to over achieve, but telling me the job is done over 100%... :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop installing Windows with the Exemption already made in the Firewall?

Its not an idea its a fact. Its makes the OS more prone to attacks. Why would there be exemptions for wireless setups. I don't have a wireless device. I don't want to access my computer remotely. I makes it more simple for someone to though. I don't use AllJoyn Router. Windows 10 is garbage. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Dont see much that got any better than Windows 7. As a matter of fact yall made it more complicated and even more annoying? Why? It was already annoying as . Most just throw their computer in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "add forest" in group policy management does not work unless RC4 is enabled

We have two-way forest trust established and would like to manage group policy for both forests from one server.

On a member server where Group Policy Management console is installed, these encryption types are enabled in “Network security: Configure encryption types allowed for Kerberos“:
    AES256HMACSHA1
    Future encryption types

When I try to add another forest to Group Policy Management console (open “Group Policy Management” console, right click on “Group Policy Management”, click on “Add forest…”, enter domain name and then click “OK”), a message “Access is denied.” pops up.

If I enable “RC4HMACMD5” on the server…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please include Microsoft office apps on WVD or Remote desktop so we could effectively do our tasks as scrubbers.

When we open remove desktop, there are three applications available for us to use. We are using rave and we are extracting it from there to excel. Since we are opening rave using IE from WVD, the copy paste feature isn't working so we can't copy the content from rave and paste it to an application outside wvd which is the excel. If you could add excel on wvd, it would be easy for us to do our task instead of manually typing the contents we are extracting from rave.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Por favor, disponibilidad en otros idiomas, como el español.

Por favor, que en el cliente de Android se pueda cambiar el idioma a la aplicación.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. android

The URI scheme for connecting to the Remote Descktop application on Android works. However, If you close the connection it is preferred to go to the previous activity on android. In the RD client application you return to the home activity. This is not wanted

An enhancement of passing through username/password for gateway in the URI would be nice as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Repository metadata archive at packages.microsoft.com/rhel/7/prod/repodata/

The metadata archives under the RHEL 7 archive at https://packages.microsoft.com/rhel/7/prod/repodata/ are broken.

The archive (16MB) expands out to ~3GB, and each of the ~500 files in the repository is listed within the metadata archive 65,535 times.

When processed by a repository manager like Red Hat Satellite this causes the underlying Pulp & Python processes to go nuts, consume 100% of server memory and swap space before dying due to an Out of Memory error.

Other repositories on packages.microsoft.com (like Visual Studio Code) are not currently affected by this issue.

Please fix!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please Retain powershell session in Windows admin Center

I am using Windows Admin Center and it disconnects PowerShell Session in case you switch to a different tab. Please allow PowerShell to retain the session after switching the tabs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base