General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support to multi language server core 2019 when running on containers

Default servercore:1809 image came with en-US.

I've described step by step how to reproduce lpksetup.exe error on container, producing crash report logs that I've extracted from container.
    All here: https://github.com/sanguedemonstro/docker-playground/issues/1#issuecomment-453078549

With extra details here: https://github.com/sanguedemonstro/docker-playground/blob/master/langpack-on-servercore2019.md#why-am-i-playing-around-this-subject

But I'm not able to understand logs or fix windows base image. And I can't open support ticket once I'm not MS partner.

So if anyone could help I'm here to support.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow the ADFS service to start with bad certificate

If the certificate does not auto-renew or auto-renew fails you are stuck!
    You can not run any powershell commands against adfs and you can not run the adfs manager because the service won't start so you are unable to resolve the issue and have to call Ms support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for multiple monitors in Windows Remote Desktop

With the old Remote Desktop Connection app, there was a display setting to "Use all my monitors for the remote session." This still works in that app, but I have been unable to find such a setting in this Windows Remote Desktop. I prefer to use this app because there are multiple machines I need to remote into and it's nice to be able to logically group them and whatnot, but there are times when I want to remote in and have that be my whole computer screen, and for that I have to use the older app, which sometimes…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cuando se usa un teclado físico, tanto bluetooth como por cable, los acentos no se colocan sobre las vocales sino que tienen es formato: 'a

RDP en Android.
    Los acentos se colocan mal cuando se usa teclado físico. No parece problema de layout ya que las teclas coinciden con lo que se escribe.
    Además, la tecla de mayúsculas derecha, si se suelta antes de la letra, activa el caps look y sólo se desbloquea después de apretar caps look tres veces.
    Debe buscarse una solución rápida porque dificulta mucho el trabajo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring Back MultiPoint In Wake of COVID Pandemic to *Some* Server or Win 10 Pro SKU

I feel this is a feature that barely missed the point where it would really take off. And especially with the COVID pandemic, you may want to have a few work desks share a really powerful system - each cubicle isolated with one system in the middle.

I do hope Microsoft sees the potential with massive core counts today, and brings it back - those core counts really took off with Threadripper... right after this feature was ripped out.

RDP and Azure don't help with rendering systems where 1-2 people at 4-5 desks might need to render at once, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. attach to the combustrivity of my capertrivity A to z =-+. registration bung

Get my site up to domained A to Z registration =. in the middle mould cut to form a bung
    https://shoutout.wix.com/so/48MmcKMRM#/main
    In the book
    The Ten Commandment
    It was Made For man & woman
    That Chapter
    Capertrivity combustrivity is my word
    ask for assistant
    At wix.com https://shoutout.wix.com/so/48MmcKMRM#/mainfor all my creation patternable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Robocopy - logging switch to log only errors or skipped files/folders

I use Robocopy and hate parsing the logs for errors/skipped items. It would be really cool if there was a "log errors/skips only" switch! Or, even better, log errors/skips only to a 2nd log file in addition to the complete "normal" log file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. klist sessions without exception would be nice: klist. errot: 0xc0000022/-1073741790

klist sessions without exception would be nice:

klist sessions result
    . error:0xc0000022/-1073741790

yes. if I use an UAC shell this would not happen, but the idead of UAC is not my idea. Microsoft: If writing very secure and needed UAC programs, than test this idea.And this is not a remark for the programers, but for the MANAGER who get a bonus for the idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Delete Key is not working

I cannot use my del key within an RDP session. Nothing happens when I strike the key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remote Desktop for OS10.11

Do you have a link to download a version of Remote Desktop that is compliment with OS10.11? The version currently on the Appstore will not run on OS10.11. I can not upgrade beyond OS10 because my Mac does' have the power to run a newer OS. Please send a link. Thanks in advance. Andrew

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adjust notification size

As a user (and not a dev) I find it highly annoying that I can't change the size of the notifications that pop up in the bottom right corner of my screen are huge.

Also, the notification bar is ridiculously huge, especially on a 17 inch laptop screen.

Please enable a way for ordinary end users without admin access to control the size of various windows, pop ups and notification bars.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. windows server seems great

but very complicated for elderly and not english speaking persons to understand and realize. Would be a very good idea, mobilizing the elder generation to enhance their internet skills with multilingual and knowledgeable supports. I guess that RDS gives lot of opportunities to create a big future (for all of us)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. What is an easy way to connect By Remote desktop from one PC to another

Dear Satyan,

Just need instructions to connect to another Pc using Remote desktop by using the IP address since the computers are far away from each other.

Vaishali from your support center tried to help but was not successful. She gave me the Windows support number and Ajay Singh tried to help but could not do it.

Why doesn't Microsoft have a simple way or instructions where we can connect one Windows PC to another using IP address. I also upgraded one of the computers to from home to PRO edition and spent $99.00. Micrsoft team should study TeamViewer and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Typo in the PowerShell cmd shown at the end of IPAM provisioning wizard

On the completion page of the "Provisioning IPAM" wizard, there is a typo in the PowerShell command used to create the GPOs. It reads "Invoke-IpamGpoProvisiong".

Also, I would like to suggest that the wizard detect conflicting roles and features before IPAM is installed. For example, if the machine you're installing IPAM on is a domain controller or a DHCP server, it will warn you of these issues before you install the IPAM feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. android usb port redirection

Microsoft remote desktop.

Add android usb port redirection

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mac osx Catalina for windows with webcam like facetime text message call from a windows 20 computer

They need mac on windows so people can transfer back and forth so they make a usb create to run mac over windows because it would be cheaper to not buy a mac when you can buy windows laptop and have mac compatible mac software to run facetime and over apple stuff may a macbook but cheaper mobile book
    Long last battery dont have plugin in for weeks than charger it when you get back home so when your traveling put it in travel mode free hotspot including mobile sim fast data so when there no wifi around people still…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base