General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Press Shift RDP Android

When pressing the left shift key and holding to make a _ for example after this operation it is as if my Shift key is always pressed, needing me to press it again to stop working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Idid not enjoy about the program on dvd rw drive (e)

It says updating windows would help run my windows smoothly but why my dvd room wont start when inserted cd on it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Updates should not shutdown a server.

Windows Updates should not shutdown my server but rather restart. I would like the be able to configure shutdown.exe to force a restart when a shutdown was requested.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New-Cluster Powershell

When running new-cluster from an mgmt workstation and creating a cluster on remote servers, receive an error indicating a parameter is invalid, when running new-cluster from one of the cluster nodes, the command completes appropriately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Management of servers WU install and restart

Enterprise environment, 200+ servers 2012r2 @ 2016. We call for functionality to manage via GPO (means managable GUI way, no registry, scripts etc) WU installation & restart for specific group of servers based on their role in severity in our holding. We need to be able to specify day:hour:minute:second when downloaded updates have to init installation and specific day:hour:minute:second to be restarted so we can incorporate this into backup plan.
    For such management there is NOTHING on Win Servers OS. We need to work with specific days in calendar (not just "every monday..."), with specific time (sorry, not idiotic "working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. comptes

suite a achat chez un revendeur physique implante également aux usa par une personne non même informée le pc étant pour moi je souhaiterais en passant par la cmd supprimer ce compte la 123 user la et tout ses identifiants de sécurité lesquels n'étant d'ailleurs pas valides sans supprimer mon compte Microsoft et sans réinstallation logicielle système pour un compte normaliser sur mon compte microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add gMSA support for DNS Dynamic Update Registration Credentials in DHCP

DNS Dynamic Update Registration Credentials in DHCP Management Console or PowerShell (Set-DHCPServerDNSCredential) do not support the use of Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA) when specifying credentials.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add any bluetooth mouse support to RDP on iOS (iPadOS)

Given that iPadOS 13 will be released soon and include some mouse support baked into the OS, can we please have generic bluetooth mouse support added to the iPadOS/iOS RDP app?

I've already confirmed I can pair the MX Master gen1 I have with the iPad and works as expected with the current mouse support from Apple, but proper mouse support baked into the app would make this actually usable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Server 2019 - ALT-F4 - bring back the shutdown/logoff dialog box

Historically, ALT-F4 will close out your windows...and if you were at the desktop, it would nicely bring up a dialog box asking if you'd like to sign-out or shutdown/reboot, etc. That is gone it seems...except for the built-in administrator. This leads to accidental logouts and closing of sessions that may have been active, etc. From what I've seen, MS has stated this is "by design" and needs to go to the forum to restore sanity. Seems odd it exists for one type of account and not able to be enabled for others. Regardless....bring back the logoff/shutdown dialog box please, or…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Die virtuelle IP bei der RDS Sitzung fehlt in der Liste, funktioniert es nun beim Server 2019?

Die virtuelle IP bei der RDS Sitzung fehlt in der Liste, funktioniert es nun beim Server 2019?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Is this a Permission-Bug in Windows Firewall Logging?

Windows Firewall Log BUG

Situation:
    New Installed Server With 2016 Standard. Patched and up2date with June-2019 CU.
    Created a new Domain with itself beeing the first domaincontroler. Created a GPO to activate Windows Firewall and enable Logging of DROP and ALLOW to pfirewall-domain.log in the default-path.

What happens?
    The Log can´t be written, no access denied. Sysinternals Procmon shows no "Access Denied". Shows a few creates but does not write.
    [...]
    Detailed Explanation:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8ba16b4-8b7e-4c3a-a610-a67fed2e87ae/is-this-a-permissionbug-in-windows-firewall-logging?forum=win10itprosecurity

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DNS policies for reverse-lookup zones

Please implement support to configure DNS policies for reverse-lookup zones.
    We need a way to prevent sensitive private PTR records from being accessible on the internet in Split-Brain DNS configurations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. if you want insiders to test make the Desktop version more readily available

WAC is coming along however it just doesn't offer the same functionality as other admin utilities. Please include the LTS ISO in the downloads for insiders so we can have 1 with a gui and perhaps a couple running core. This will make it much easier to deploy and test.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ninguna

todo va bien

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Services.msc to the Right-Click Start Menu (WinKey+x menu)

Add Services to the Windows Server WinX menu (right click of start menu / the menu that appears when you press WinKey+x).

As an administrator, one of the first things I do after connecting to a server is open services.msc. The fastest way to do it has always been click Start, type "services.msc" press enter.

What I would prefer to be able to do is right-click start, choose "Services" but inexplicably, that option that admins use EVERY DAY is simply not in the list when obscure things that we rarely use low Power Options are in the list. Please add…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Issue with creating System-Insights Capability for custom PerfCounter

Adding the Datasource below:

DataSource perfCounter3 = new DataSource

{
    SourceType = DataSourceType.PerfCounter,
    PerformanceCounter = new PerformanceCounterDataSource
    {
    CounterPath = "GGD",
    CounterName = "Memory Bandwidth MB/sec",
    InstanceName = "*" // All instances

},
    AggregationType = DataAggregationType.Sum,
    SeriesContext = "GGDPerfCounters"
    };

Getting the following error below when i add the custom DataSource above:

Update-InsightsCapability : System Insights failed to register one or more of data sources for capability 'GGD Capability'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Update-InsightsCapability -Name "GGD Capability" -Library "C:\GGdCapa ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (GGD Capability:String) [Update-InsightsCapability], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : SystemInsightsError,Microsoft.SystemInsights.Management.PowerShell.UpdateInsightsCapabilityCommand

Everything works fine if i remove…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. distribute a text editor with Powershell

I just can't believe that Powershell doesn't have a default text editor...
    I mean something as simple as vi at least! This is ridiculous...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. awdfkahfouljawbnhol jfawlikj

FOOKIN' LASER SIGHTSDJAQWOUGFI/AGWFUONA

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Survey  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base