General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Storage Migration Service (SMS) - Individual folders Inventory

Can we have the option to select a specific folder(s) while adding source device for the Inventory scan in SMS.

Will helps to identify folders specific errors in details rather than from PartiallySucceeded folders for device level scan at source.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/79b0cc0d-3bb4-4bd6-9196-c9230ba079ad/storage-migration-service-folders-inventory?forum=winserverfiles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add pen pressure sensitivity when working remotely from Apple to Microsoft Remote Desktop.

It would be great that instead of a pen registering as touch on Windows Remote Desktop, it registered an actual pen. Especially working from home - would be great to use the technology I already have instead of needing to go out and buy another machine just to use the pen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Globalization support for Windows docker images

I need to use non-EN windows client and server docker images for testing. Kindly advise if it's available in the docker hub as I couldn't find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Right Shift Key will suddenly get "stuck" & act like the caps lock key

Right Shift Key will suddenly get "stuck" & act like the caps lock key & then I have to press the Caps lock key a couple of times to deactivate it.
    Very annoying, espcially when typing passwords.
    Have locky myself out of a few accounts due to this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Resolution Cannot be adjusted under the native resolution of the phone I am using.

I cannot adjust the resolution below 1920x 1080.
    I need to be able to adjust to lower resolutions as I have poor eyesight & everything is too small. I cannot see without straining my eyes.
    I need to be able to set it as low as 1024x768 or even 800x600

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Basic Pointers

After a Clean Install of Win Server 2019, I have a problem, see attached.

For all intent and purpose the Windows folk recommend going to the manufacturer as the normal driver updating facility isn't finding my equipment SW/FW. When I go to manufacturers and acquire the driver zips and attempt to process them I get errors like wrong OS or some form of the flying digit that has incapacitated various services, WiFi, a bunch of SSDs that used to be available when I was only a win 10 pro user. At this point, I don't know if this issue should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. la mise à jour Hewlettt Packard -USB- 40.13.1167.1948 est rejetée par erreur 800F020B

la miseà jour Hewlett Packard USB - 40.13.1167.1948 est rejetée par erreur 800F020B

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add file locking so when using DFS, it' locks files across shared systems, so two people cannot edit at once.

Add file locking so when using Distributed File System, it' locks files across shared systems, so two people cannot edit at once.

Currently two people can open the same file on two servers connected using DFS, and they both can edit the file. Bob can edit it for 2 days, and then Sarah can open it on the second for 30 minutes. Then Bob closes his, and Sarah closes hers, and all of Bob's 2 days of work gets wiped out.

DFS has been around for... 8-10 years? Why has this not been fixed? Administrators have enough issues without having…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft Edge deployed to Servers

Can we have a Windows Update deploy Microsoft Edge to all servers? There are needs where currently Internet Explorer is used but IE will no longer be supported soon. I could manually install Edge on all servers but deploying though a Windows Update would be significantly easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Translation problem English/French in RSAT GPO console for power options

I'm using French RSAT for Windows and I found a translation problem when watching parameters of my power options GPP. When configuring the power option GPP, there is no problem. When watching the parameters of the GPO, instead of showing me values with a %, it is written "For XX minutes" You can see the problem in the attachment. The problem is there on my Windows 2012 R2 servers and is still there on my Windows 2019 servers. I don't remember if I had the problem on 2008 R2. Is there a way please to resolve that little translation problem?…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add to Windows Store for Business? the app listed is not the same

Add to Windows Store for Business? the app listed is not the same

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot get client IP address by connecting from MSRDC.exe.

My app is calling WTSQuerySessionInformation API on WVD VM to get the Client Name and IP Address, but it cannot get IP Address on using MSRDC.exe.

<Calling>
    WTSQuerySessionInformation(WTSCURRENTSERVERHANDLE, WTSCURRENT_SESSION, WTSClientAddress, &pszData, &cbRet);
    <Result>
    Family : 0
    IP Address : 0.0.0.0

Please fix this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pasting image into Word 2016 & PowerPoint 2016 doesn't work

I'm on my laptop, and I'm connected to my remote computer via Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft app store.

1. I copy an image from PowerPoint 365 from my local laptop. I switch to PowerPoint 2016 on my remote computer. I paste the image into PowerPoint 2016 via CTRL-V. On the status bar in PowerPoint 2016, it says, "Press ESC key to cancel this operation." And it just sits there, even after 5 minutes. Result: No image is pasted on PowerPoint 2016.

If I use rdcMan, the behavior above doesn't happen, and I'm able to paste.

Please fix?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skip files smaller than cluster size for compact.exe

There is no benefit to compress files smaller than cluster size using XPRESS4K, XPRESS8K, XPRESS16K and LZX compression. There should be command line switch to skip those files and make compression much faster for large set of files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have a problen unsolved

al apretar "aceptar", para inicializar el disco, sale cartel sin conexión"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)