General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A Atualização do Windows Server 2008 R2 para Windows Server 2012 R2 tem custo para quem possui o windows server 2008 original?

A Atualização do Windows Server 2008 R2 para Windows Server 2012 R2 tem custo para quem possui o windows server 2008 original?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Magic keyboard support

Where is support for the Apple Magic Keyboard w/ trackpad iPad case?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we get the text about the required Office version to be updated to include the new syntax for the M365 version? It is very confusing

Can we get the text about the required Office version to be updated to include the new syntax for the M365 version? It is very confusing because the version/build numbering is different for the M365 click-to-run software than Office 2016 ProPlus. The document I am referring to is:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-fs/operations/configuring-alternate-login-id#hybrid-modern-authentication-with-alternate-id

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add GUI management option for GPU DDA in Hyper-V Manager

Hyper-V Manager does not have a GUI way to add DDA GPUs or manage them. This is really annoying and unnecessary

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Version 10 for Mac needs improvement

Version 10 is not as responsive as Version 8 for Mac. Scrolling with the mouse is painfully slow. Screen resolution is poor on Version 10. I used Version 10 for about an hour, tried to adjust the settings to improve response times and resolution, but gained nothing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. stop automatic logoff when remotely supporting someone when using the ms ios remote desktop app

Hello

I am using microsoft remote desktop client app on my ipad. But as soon i remotely log on to a computer remotely, the computer i am trying to remotely support instantly logs off, making it impossible to remotely support someone eg a family member, and they cannot show me what they are doing wrong, and i cannot show them what they are doing wrong!

please could you update the ios rd client app, so it doesnt log you off the computer if another user logs on to it using the app???

THANK YOU!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. stop automatic logoff when remotely supporting someone when using the ms ios remote desktop app

Hello

I am using microsoft remote desktop client app on my ipad. But as soon i remotely log on to a computer remotely, the computer i am trying to remotely support instantly logs off, making it impossible to remotely support someone eg a family member, and they cannot show me what they are doing wrong, and i cannot show them what they are doing wrong!

please could you update the ios rd client app, so it doesnt log you off the computer if another user logs on to it using the app???

THANK YOU!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Kindly fix these problems: 'doskey /listsize' has no effect in Windows 10. Also, 'doskey /reinstall' terminates the command prompt session.

Kindly fix these problems: 'doskey /listsize' has no effect in Windows 10. Also, 'doskey /reinstall' terminates the command prompt session instead of reloading doskey.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need clarification on "Configure browsers to use Windows Integrated Authentication (WIA) with AD FS"

I am facing an issue where I have enabled the SSO with ADFS . I am able to do sso login from Mozila and Chrome but IE 11 is not letting me logged in with sso. IE keep asking for credentials so many times(ADFS LDAP user's credentials) and failing . From this doc I have tried to configure the browser to use WIA by configuring the AD FS property WiaSupportedUserAgents to add the required values based on the browsers. But still I am facing the same issue. as checked in the below command I can see that IE 11 is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make this more known and easier to locate on ALL VPN configuration pages. "Device tunnel can only be configured on domain-joined devices run

Device tunnel can only be configured on domain-joined devices running Windows 10 Enterprise or Education version 1709 or later.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manage as in Admin Center

Even when I login with another credential to "Manage as" in Admin Center, that credential does not save.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cmd fails to restore window title after nested batch file

Normally when you run a batch file or other program from the command prompt the title of the console window changes to include the name of the batch file while it's running, such as "Command Prompt - testbatch".

But after it runs the following batch file (testbatch.bat which chains to testbatch2.bat) it never changes it back, even though it has run to completion. So if you run it three times you end up with "Command Prompt - testbatch - testbatch - testbatch" as the title.

To reproduce, create the following two files and run "testbatch" from the command prompt multiple…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide official download links to previous versions of Remote Desctop for Mac.

Provide official download links to previous versions of Remote Desktop for Mac - Specifically v8. By witholding these, you are making older Macs less useful and more importantly failing to support your customers. I assume Microsoft would rather see perfectly functional machines in landfill rather than supporting sustainability. Shameful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix OAuth Token URL For ADFS Authentication

When authenticating to a pool (Fall 2019 release) via ADFS, the scope= parameter is specified twice (example below) which are reported as errors on the ADFS server, obfuscating more meaningful data. It would be appreciated if this could be fixed:

https://<adfs>/adfs/oauth2/token?granttype=refreshtoken&refreshtoken=<omitted>&scope=openid+logoncert&windowsapiversion=2.0&nux=1&siteid=501413&scope=logoncert&display=popup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cloud Witness using Azure Private Link Storage

Currently, configuring a windows server cloud witness using an Azure storage account is assuming the storage account is a public one. Can we update the UI to make allocations for a private link url? I think the only update here will be allowing users to specify their own endpoint url (which would be passed to Set-ClusterQuorum as the Endpoint option.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/failover-clustering/deploy-cloud-witness#to-configure-cloud-witness-as-a-quorum-witness

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/failoverclusters/set-clusterquorum?view=win10-ps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix Hyper-V server from crashing when services is (erroneously) entered in PowerShell

Erroneously entering "services" in PowerShell under Hyper-V 2016 causes the system to blue screen (Critical Stop)
    Please fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. X11 forwarding in OpenSSH Server not implemented?

It is simply unbelievable that the ssh server that microsoft provides does not include one of the most basic features of ssh. X11 forwarding. I wasted 3 hours of my life try to export an application from a windows machine my linux box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please fix the keyboard layout for foreign languages. Dutch language does not map propper within remote sessions

Please fix the keyboard layout for foreign languages. Dutch language does not map propper within remote sessions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. mklink /j and new-item -itemtype junction do not support long paths

mklink /j and new-item -itemtype junction both fail when presented with a path longer than 260 characters.

new-item gives the following example error:

PS C:\temp\gb\module_2_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890&gt; new-item -itemtype junction -target &quot;..\module_1_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890\&quot; -path &quot;module_1_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890&quot;

new-item : Could not find a part of the path &#39;module_1_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_123456789
    0_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890&#39;.
    At line:1 char:1
    + new-item -itemtype junction -target &quot;..\module_1_1234567890_123456789 ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\temp\gb\modu...7890_1234567890:String) [New-Item], DirectoryNotFoundExce
    ption
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CreateDirectoryIOError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewItemCommand

new-item : Could not find a part of the path &#39;C:\temp\gb\module_2_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_123456789
    0_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890\module_1_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_123456789
    0_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890_1234567890&#39;.
    At line:1 char:1
    + new-item -itemtype junction -target &quot;..\module_1_1234567890_123456789 ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [New-Item], DirectoryNotFoundException …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. REG COPY CREATES AN INTERRUPT TO THE MOUSE ! IDEAS?

Holding the mouse down after dragging any object, the hold is interrupted when REG COPY (any command values) starts and the object returns to its original place :-(

lorenzo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base