General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

To improve Windows Server I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement force flush cache on Storage Spaces Direct

When replacing multiple cache Devices in a Storage Spaces Direct implementation it would be really useful to be able to force flush / destage cache data to capacity disks. As per now one would have to retire, remove, reset, reseat, rinse and repeat for each disk needed to be replaced.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please provide a step by step process for integrating from Windows Server 2016- Windows Server 2019.

I have found absolutely no information as to how to migrate my current Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019. Please create a step by step easy to use document(s) or video(s). I am working in a virtual environment, and this is very frustrating as the information on Windows Server integration page is outdated. (2016)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please update this page to include migrating from Windows Server 2016 to 2019 please.

A new separate page for those of us migrating from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019 using AZURE. I have not found any helpful information to perform this task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give Enterprise an LTSB/LTSC

LTSB is a beautiful thing. Its what Enterprise should be. No stupid candy crush icons, no cortana, no store. Updates are larger than normal, but you dont have to deal with compatibility issues every 12 months when the OS goes through radical changes.

MS have hamstrung LTSC by removing its ability to run o365...... They have made the greatest current OS build unusable.

I understand the whole "Its for critical systems...." Adapt it to Enterprise. Give w10 the wings to rise out of the candy crush, cortana, 'access any open hotspot' ashes.....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Licensing, SKU, & Edition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows Server 2019 RDS Remote Apps Freeze/Disconnect

When using LAPS UI or Server Manager which I believe these are .NET applications with RDS Remote Apps the right-click context menus or an admin prompt freeze the RemoteApp session and eventually disconnect. This issue is not present in Server 2016 and I assume this has something to do with the way RemoteApps works in 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Free Technical Support for Students

It would be great if students could submit technical support requests for free, and if they are serious enough, get assistance with the issue for free.

Backstory:
    Why Give Out Software to Students and Charge Us When We Need Assistance? - I have been using Microsoft products for everything school related, but now I have an issue with my server, you want to charge $500 for assistance with something critical and can't fix ourselves. I think I made a big mistake trying to learn Microsoft for my career, because I wouldn't be having the issue I have now if I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. to a non-techie, this is jibberish

impossible for a non-techie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Windows Server 2016 updates take over an hour, unacceptable!

Updates in Server2012 and even Server2008 are much quicker and you at least get a gauge as to how long.
    Not the useless 'Getting windows ready' + rotating dots, aaaarrggghhh!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hi, I have an idea for Windows 10. Next to the copy option, the option to add to the copy (add to the clipboard) so that the previous data i

Hi, I have an idea for Windows 10.
    Next to the copy option, the option to add to the copy (add to the clipboard) so that the previous data in the clipboard is not deleted.

E-mail: imansia1990@yahoo.com
    gmail: imanblack2000@gmail.com
    Phone: 989176878911
    Phone: 989356299715

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. restore old posts from blogs.technet.com

blogs.technet.com had several valuable articles (ie. VMQ deep-dive,etc,etc) that were covering the lack of documentation in the official Product portal (docs.Microsoft.com / technet.microsoft.com) . since hte move to https://techcommunity.microsoft.com several of those articles are lost.

Please restore them or transfer the contents to docs.microsoft.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use a proper issue tracker such as available on github.com or gitlab.com

Use a proper issue tracker such as available on github.com or gitlab.com.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Bug] Windows Admin Center page keeps requesting credentials

The Windows Admin Center page keeps requesting credentials for the Windows Admin Center when adding computers or installing extensions, and it often does so twice in a row.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow installation of Semi Annual Channel Server Core Features on Demand on LTSC Server Core Version

It is not possible to install the Windows Server 1903 Version of Server Core Features on Demand on a Windows Server 2019 LTSC Server Core.

This should be possible, because many admin tools are missing from the initial release of FOD for Server Core.

I hope Microsoft does not seriously require customers to install a new server just to get additional admin tools on a server core.

What makes this even more cumbersome is that it is not possible to inplace upgrade a semi annual servers to the next version!

THANKS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add IP Address Column to Print Management MMC - Printers View

Print Management MMC in Administrative Tools does not have the ability to add the IP Address of the printer as one of the columns to chose. It would be a big benefit to be able to see that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make ADFS support ECP Enhanced Client Proxy

Make ADFS support ECP Enhanced Client Proxy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add basic Linux management to Windows Admin Center

Windows Admin Center is fantastic but we all manage a mix of Linux and Windows Servers. Add the ability to add Linux Servers, SSH over the browser, and a few basic items would be phenomenal (process list, disk info, file explorer)

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ACCP

GOOD AZURE
    NIRBHAY

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it easier & quicker to deleat old emails.

Need a way to delete a large number of old emails. I have some 4,000+ emails going back to 2003. I've moved several times & most are no longer needed or of use. Yes, I have an older machine & Windows Live Mail. Besides doing it one by one, I find no way to delete - say a page of old emails at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base