General Feedback

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide option for Remove-DnsServerResourceRecord to not delete associate PTR record

When deleting a DNS "A" or "AAAA" record, if the IP address is specified (necessary if more than one record exists for the name), the associated PTR record is also deleted.

In some cases we want to delete the forward record to prevent client use but keep the PTR to flag that the address is in use.

To make it consistent with Add-DnsServerResourceRecordA, it should not delete the PTR record unless a -DeletePtr parameter was given, but this would change default behaviour and so potentially break existing applications.

Therefore I suggest a -NoDeletePtr (or similar) parameter could be added to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Latin character not rendered properly

I am having trouble seeing Latin characters when using NotePad and WordPad in Win Server 2012 R2. The character in question is a Latin Small Letter Insular T (Ꞇ). I am RDP'ing into a 2012 server and have the Ꞇ in my clipboard from my local machine. When I paste the character into Notepad, it comes up as a rectangle no matter what font I choose in Notepad. Seems like the character is not supported on the server.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Windows goes to lock/login screen after short while cannot disable

Windows goes to lock/login screen after short while cannot disable despite my setting for display as turn off after 2 hours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. LAN Driver for Gigabyte B360M-AORUS Gaming 3

I cant install a LA Driver for motherboard Gigabyte AORUS B360M-Gaming 3 (Intel Ethernet). Where i find it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remote Desktop App create a search function

Remote Desktop App need to be able to search for computer name instead of having to scroll through hundreds of groups and servers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for RADSEC (RFC 6614) in NPS

This RFC addresses several reliability and security limitations for RADIUS. Support and requirement for RADIUS over TCP and for using certificate trust to replace RADIUS secrets are becoming mainstream and therefore necessary use cases to support.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. permission

this remote controlling has caused years of trouble cause anyone who knows you or some of your credentials can control your life blackmail you have power over your finance your every social media platform passwords contacts everything your children's names what they google on your profile and never not once did you give them permission to steel your identity open accounts and when you ask for help you run in circles three month later i know more about a pc than in my entire 40 years figuring out how she put tasks on my pc when it triggers what pages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. japanese keybord layout 106 is not available via andoroid remotedesktop connect to windows 20H2

japanese keybord layout 106 is not available via andoroid remotedesktop connect to windows 20H2 which locally keyboard layout setting is japanese 106. why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Misc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. FSRM Quota

The File Migration Tool in Admin Center doesn't migrate Quotas from the File Server Resource Manager

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update ALL Windows PowerShell modules to work natively with PowerShell 7.,

At present, there are a number of Windows PowerShell modules which live in \SYstem32 that do not work natively in PowerShell 7.

Please update ALL WIndows Server modules to work natively with PowerShell 7 within Server next.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide native PowerShell cmdlets to manage IIS

Today, IIS can not be fully managed with PowerShell 7. The Web Administration module does not work and has not worked for several users.

In Server vNext, please build a replacement for the Web Administration module

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Explain WAC and migration service can move Roaming profile to redirect folder

Provide info on what we need to know about moving Roaming profiles to 2019 ess. Currently have 2008 r2
    Does it move them?
    How do I verify (before talking to user)?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cut Copy and Paste

Enabling Cut Copy and Paste between the Local host and the RD would be great. This is standard stuff for any VM ware.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update 10.2.1646.0 broke the app.

I just received update 10.2.1646.0 from the store this morning and now every time I login to a remote desktop it freezes after about 30-60 seconds and has to be restarted. Needless to say, pretty unusable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Online Education

I am a Learner at Online Quran Teachers all are experienced and professional teachers

https://arabiclearningonline.blogspot.com/2021/01/learning-arabic-language-is-beneficial.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base