General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Features on Demand work inside the Server Core Container

Because there's no "product feedback" at <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/features-on-demand-v2--capabilities>, I'll post here. I'm the author of a popular Active Server Pages framework, ASP Xtreme Evolution (AXE), and we have a hack to leverage node.js npm packages to work inside our environment <https://github.com/nagaozen/evolved-npm2asp-bundler>.

I evaluated the Windows Server 2019 DE and the ServerCore (with FoD) on a virtual machine and they both support this trick. But we are trying to move into a container strategy and installing FoD on the <mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:ltsc2019> seems impossible for the reasons already explained in this issue <https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/windows-insider/issues/56>.

I'm sending an attachment with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New time writing product idea that can beat salesforce

New time writing product idea that can beat salesforce

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upgrade a server running core to the next version. Example 1709 to 1803

Please post the methods to upgrade Short Term Service Branch Servers. If we are going to be living with these servers for less then 18 months we need to understand the methods for upgrades.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. mprddm.dll

The pppoe in rras is broken, there are multiple reports on this, with 'patched' Windows server DLLs floating around. This is unacceptable, and these issues have even persisted from 2012 to the current 2019.
    Please advise.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow PowerShell scripts to run directly in Scheduled Tasks

Please allow to use PowerShell scripts directly within Scheduled Tasks.

An update should offer this functionality for all current supported server versions.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. windows 7

gérer drivers périphériques

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Robocopy - Needs Creation Date Functionality

Posted to Bug as all other robocopy posts have been placed here.

It is fairly common for organisations to have a temporary area accessible by all staff to allow a common area to access files. For these type of temporary areas, some sort of scheduled cleaning regime needs to be in place so that files older than a certain number of days are automatically removed.

A common cleaning approach is to move files past a nominated age to a staging folder and then empty the staging folder. Unfortunately robocopy's MINAGE switch operates on Modified Date that makes it non-functional for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Windows Defender should allow admins or SCCM to see all exclusions in place even the Microsoft built in exclusions.

Currently you cannot see all exclusions in place in windows defender. Exclusions you put as well as the built in exclusions. There should be a way to see one complete list of exclusions. I should not have to travel to a MSFT website to see what they added. One effective policy would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include md5sum or similar

It would be nice to have something inbox to calculate md5 sums.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ket noi wi fi khong duoc

lam the nao de cai dac lai wi-fi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove insecure protocols from IIS

Default IIS HTTPS settings should get a good grade on https://www.ssllabs.com/
    If legacy operating system support is needed, that should have to be enabled on a per-site basis.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remote Desktop Connetion - for Android - Plug and Play Device Access on Remote PC

I have downloaded Microsoft Remote Desktop Application from Playstore and have taken away my computer's remote. But in that I want to connect a barcode scanner through the mobile, so what I have to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. to take out the google search from Microsoft

my idea is to take out the google search from Microsoft and we create new search like google for Microsoft and it only used my Microsoft windows and I named it has micro search means even micro issue also will not escape means better then google search and lastly my hamble request sir please think about if we use this idea no company will beat the microsoft and have a nice day

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 建议为MS RDP app增加本地语言或跟随系统语言

建议Microsoft RDP应用能够跟随系统语言或自选本地语言,比如zh-cn中文(简体)、zh-tw中文(繁体)等等。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. App Remote Desktop

It would be very useful if an import/export was available to be able to configure multiple stations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bring back windowsupdate.log and windows update control panel feature to server 2016

Bring back the windowsupdate.log and windows update control panel feature to Server 2016 and 2019. there is no logical reason to remove the log and why would you force the admin to export the log via powershell in some xml format, and decode it via symbols blablabla. Obfuscating the log files is an obvious attempt by msft to take over patch management from the end user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Update registry value when w32tm /config type=ntp and ntpserver=ntp.org

After w32tm /config on PDCe, the registry still contains original domain values.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters
    NtpServer REG_SZ "time.windows.com,0x9"
    Type REG_SZ "NT5DS

But w32tm configuration displays...
    w32tm /query /configuration
    Type: NTP (Policy)
    NtpServer: pool.ntp.org (Policy)

See details here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f633ea8a-81be-4a60-83fd-c9839f6a14f9/when-i-look-at-the-w32tm-registry-values-they-do-not-agree-with-query-status?forum=winserver8gen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Windows Server Insider Preview 18334 notepad do not open dialog

Open dialog is not displayed in notepad of Windows Server Insider Preview 18334. I can not open an existing file.
    If it is notepad filename, you can open an existing file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base