General Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Windows Server? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Windows Server customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums is monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Windows Server. Suggestions can apply to both released and Technical Preview versions of Windows Server.

Important:

1. Remote Desktop Services (RDS)-related feedback must be provided in their UV site: https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/266795-remote-desktop-services-for-enterprises

2. Requests for feature changes around the end-user experience, such as desktop shell, start menu, individual consumer apps, etc. must be provided through the Windows 10 Feedback Hub tool. We have no ownership of these types of non-Windows Server components.

3. This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Windows Server. Feedback for specific areas like Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Nano Server, etc., should be provided in one of the forums available on the right. It is not for bug filings. If you find a bug with Windows Server please open a support case at https://support.microsoft.com and report it – these cases are free.

If you have technical questions or need help with Windows Server, please visit our “TechNet Forums” https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. show "Disk Manager" window - mine doesn't show so i cant change drive letter

I click on Start icon, then "disk Manager" - nothing happens

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tingkatkan kualitas aplikasi driver yang terbaru dan berkualitas untuk pengguna Microsoft Windows versi Android

Tingkatan aplikasi driver Microsoft berkualitas sangat penting untuk perangkat Android ataupun smartphone yg dilengkapi dengan otomatis sistem full program,kompresor dan fasilitas Wifi via satelit yang kompetibel untuk stiap perangkat Android smartphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Storage Migration Service - Quotas and File Screens

I would like to see the Storage Migration Service include the ability to bring over share Quotas and File Screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow for easy creation of base64 certificates with separate cert and key files

I would like to use and continue to use the investment into AD CS. Currently using AD CS for non windows devices is painful due to the nature of requesting certs and getting them in formats useful for non windows devices. Maybe a modernized AD CS web enrollment site would help achieve this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Desktop Experience Simulation Remotely

Why the command line? Why there is no client software that remotely connects to server core and simulates the desktop experience based on server core for easy management? Therefore, on the client-side, we will see Windows Server desktop but commands transfer as commands line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve file search

Extrano mucho el search de antes de w2008. Era realmente fácil buscar dentro de un archivo. Ahora sin los indices nada funciona

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ADFS - Force authentication method per relying party on IDP-side

related to ADFS 2016:

it would be great if we can force a specific authentication method at ADFS for a relying party. in general forms and certificate authtentication is possible for our users, but for specific apps only certificate should be possible for security reasons. adding certificate as MFA is not a good solution from the users point of view because they will be forced to enter first their credentials before they have to use a certificate (which is more secure than forms and because of this sufficient).

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. restore old posts from blogs.technet.com

blogs.technet.com had several valuable articles (ie. VMQ deep-dive,etc,etc) that were covering the lack of documentation in the official Product portal (docs.Microsoft.com / technet.microsoft.com) . since hte move to https://techcommunity.microsoft.com several of those articles are lost.

Please restore them or transfer the contents to docs.microsoft.com

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Server 2012 R2 Standard Start Menu

You can only launch an application from the start menu one time for exactly I click start, Click control panel it loads then I click start, click control panel and nothing happens

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shell, GUI, & Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. please update this page to include migrating from Windows Server 2016 to 2019 please.

A new separate page for those of us migrating from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019 using AZURE. I have not found any helpful information to perform this task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add native Let's Encrypt ACME client support to Windows Server and IIS

Add native ACME Client v2 to Windows Server and IIS include auto renewal feature.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability & Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Applications & Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide vagrant boxes

Provide update-to-date vagrant boxes for all major hypervisiors. Optionally, make Windows vagrant boxes easier to create.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. robocopy /mt causes incorrect summary for copied and skipped files

Issue relating to robocopy is detailed here:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/cd9b83c1-bd01-41ee-8f56-ea9db4e598bb/robocopy-with-mt-switch-seems-to-show-different-summary-info-why?forum=winserverfiles&prof=required

When using the /MT to a directory that already exists the files are not skipped. This is the opposite behavior to what happens without the /MT flag. This issue is picked up reviewing the summary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Survey  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add (proper) kubernetes overlay networking CNIs which support networkpolicies

Windows really needs to have a proper CNI to participate in hybrid Kubernetes clusters. Flannel just doesn't cut it. Please put effort in making Calico and/or Weave available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello, I am able to access the remote desktop when i am using wifi connection at office. When i am trying it at home wifi or data it shows e

Hello, I am able to access the remote desktop when i am using wifi connection at office. When i am trying it at home wifi or data it shows e

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Yes

How I got things to work #1 talkback sucks but it does talk and knows code.#2 write code in search bar #3 talkback like to be talked to..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)