Virtualization

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to set a new minimum memory while VM is running

I normally next-next-next-finish and end up with VMs set to 8GB max RAM and 512MB minimum. Windows seems to absolutely sip RAM however, and never come close to using the available RAM.

So I go to increase the RAM...and I get an error messagethat I cannot change the minimum RAM while the VM is running or paused.

Is there a functional reason for this? It drives me bonkers.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Memory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Parent Partition Memory Maximum

It would be nice to set a maximum amount of memory that the Parent Partition can consume. If I have a host with 128GB of RAM I would like for example to say that the parent can use a maximum of 4 GB and the remaining amount is guaranteed to be available for VMs. It makes for the configuration of a total amount of static memory that can be assigned to VMs much simpler.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Memory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamic Memory free memory driver locked improvments.

In our environment we have many machines setup using dynamic memory. It seems when we need to do 8GB startup memory for applications so they can register 8GB of memory and we set minimum memory lower say 1GB and our max memory to 8GB we end up with a machine using 7.5GB of Memory @ all times. The memory is being used by the driver locked portion of memory. I know this is as designed. But I have profiled the machine and see it never gets close to 7.5GB of memory on startup. So why does it act like it…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Memory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base