How can we improve the virtualization platform and management in Windows Server?

Hyper-V 2019 - Guest VMs shutdown unexpectedly

When the host server shuts down, a bug in which guest VMs are not automatically shut down occurs in Windows 10 1809 or Windows Server 2019.
It is also a topic in the forum.
Please solve this bug as soon as possible.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8c45a15-0b9a-4b2c-ae2a-c546eadbcf41/hyperv-2019-guest-vmamp39s-shutdown-unexpectedly?forum=winserverhyperv

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MADAO shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fernando Rapetti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How on earth is this still not fixed!? I was planing to upgrade all Hosts to 2019, and i find this huge problem.
    As DCs and Database Servers cannot use the "save state" option, there is no way to run them safely under this OS.
    Worse: i even readed on the net that it also affects 2016!? Is that true!?
    Very dissapointing. How can we trust Hyper-V if such a huge problem is unresolved for more than half a year, and counting!?
    With all the hype on the Cloud, how can Microsoft afford to have such a problem on their hypervisor, and not care to fix it? Does this affect Azure?

• CorpCaleCeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had the same issues when I tried restarting a VM and it doesn't restart so unfortunately I don't use it anymore as I cannot see the VM is I'm remotely working so cannot confirm if its restarted.

I tested by open a VM connection VM Connection and tried restart a VM from WAC to see if the VM restarted and it didn't however I did not experience the VM shutdown unexpectedly but it doesn't seem to work

Feedback and Knowledge Base