Feature Request --- Option to avoid Adding a Disk Automatically to Storage Pool.
Wanted to advise on this Auto pull of a New Disk in to Storage Pool and options to Get a Disk out of the Pool & back to the local system.
So far, I’ve checked in MSDN (How-to-remove-disks-from-primordial-pool) but it seems like currently there’s no option to do such;
My request is for a solution that enables to;
- Skip disks out of the Pool Collection when enabling S2D.
- Add new disks to the system with a choice of whether or not to put them in S2D or Pool.
- Pull an existing disk(s) out of a Primordial Pool.
So far the workarounds (still looking for a better approach) I’ve are;
1. Avoid getting a disk pulled into Storage Space.
Only when the disk has a volume.
Works but we should ‘ve something better.
2. Add a disk into Primordial Pool but not to the user defined ones.
Get-StorageSubSystem Cluster* | Set-StorageHealthSetting -Name "System.Storage.PhysicalDisk.AutoPool.Enabled" -Value False
Works but we should ‘ve something that allows to keep disks totally out of the S2D thing (when a new disk is added to the system).
3. Configures the system to enable S2D to claim or not claim specific physical disks
Still trying but this doesn’t works.
Ben Thomas (NZ) commented
What disks are you trying to add to S2D Cluster hosts that you don't want in the pool?
You may be trying to create an unsupported scenario, and I would recommend sticking to supported scenarios for S2D Clusters