Linux Support

Let us know your suggestions for Linux running as a guest operating system on Windows Server Hyper-V: features you want, distros you want supported, performance limitations you encounter, etc. You can also expand the scope beyond Linux, and give us input on other open source operating systems running as a Hyper-V guest. Or let us know about aspects of Linux and Windows Server interoperation that you would like to see improved.

See Linux and FreeBSD Virtual Machines on Hyper-V for information about current product capabilities.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. packages.microsoft.com News

I see that the packages.microsoft.com repository for Buster came up the first business day after Buster's release. Great!

What I don't see and would like is some sort of way to find out news for that site. I currently need the following packages: msodbcsql17 mssql-tools unixodbc-dev The trouble is, I have no idea if they're intended to come out in the next few days, if they won't go up for potentially months, or anything else.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Distro Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows Subsystem Linux (Ubuntu on Windows)

Would be great have Bash on Windows Server like Windows 10 have. Some tools will be useful like ssh to connect others remote linux servers. Apache, php, mysql ... There are so many reasons to improve that tool. Admins can otherwise activate or not.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Distro Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support to all functionalities in Debian

Support for Debian VMs is worst when compared with Ubuntu, CentOS and others distributions. Would be nice if we had Debian with funcionalities like Dynamic Memory, Virtual Fibre Channel and etc.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Distro Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base