Core Server

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make "Lock" the default selection on Ctrl-alt-del screen

When you are logged on to Server 2016 core console, and press ctrl-alt-del, the default selection is now "change a password". Obviously it should be "Lock" that is the most used selection (like it is already on Server 2016 Desktop Experience). The goal is not to fiddle with arrow keys, but to just press ctrl-alt-del + enter to lock the server screen.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nano Server Image Builder issue with Set-ExecutionPolicy

There is clearly an issue with the way "Nano Server Image Builder" detects and tries to set the execution policy when it has been set by GPO or other means. My GPO setting is "unrestricted", but both New-NanoServerImage PS cmdlet and the aforementioned GUI error: "Error: Set-ExecutionPolicy failed with System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Windows PowerShell updated your execution policy successfully, but the setting is overridden by a policy defined at a more specific scope. Due to the override, your shell will retain its current effective execution policy of Unrestricted. Type "Get-ExecutionPolicy -List" to view your execution policy settings. For more information please see…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve MySQL support: Crashes with ssl-ceritificates and during usage

Further information here: https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=84690
    MySQL also crashes during usage on nano server with exception 0xc000001d - no further details.
    Only occuring on nano server 2016 running on Hyper-V 2012.
    Tried a lot and all updates are installed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New-NanoServerImage cmdlet does not use -logpath location

I am trying to create 100s of nanoserver images using the new-nanoserverimage cmdlet. To parallelize the operation I am running the new-nanoserver image cmdlet as a job within the Start-Job block.
    The $Logpath variable changes with each iteration of my while loop. But, I find that on execution some of the jobs start writing to the logs at the default location and throwing an error as there are n number of jobs running the same command simultaneously.

ERROR MESSAGE:
    The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\administrator.DOMAIN\AppData\Local\Temp\NanoServerImageGenerator.log'
    because it is being used by another process.
    + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (:) [Out-File],…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Tomcat support: Installing tomcat as a service simply not working

Using "tomcat8 //IS//..."-commands simply do not work on nano server 2016. Calling such tomcat8-commands do not return any error, but do not do somehting either. Installing tomcat as service seems to work after calling, but it does not affect the services. No new service there callig "get-service"... Starting tomcat 8 in power shell ist working, but no option in productive enviroment. Problem occures on nano server only...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)