Core Server

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add SSH service to Nano

Given the headless nature of Nano, please enable a secure remote shell such as SSH in nano. PowerShell remoting is a PITA, and sometimes you just want to quickly run a few commands. SSH is perfect for this.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Management tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Configure Network local

Provide the posibility to configure network setting local on the Box. Problem if network is wrong you have no possibility to trobelshoot or manage the system remotly.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone that voted on this item. In the Windows Server Technical Preview 3 that we released last week, Nano Server now includes an Emergency Management Console. Currently it lets you view your networking configuration; being able to make changes is in the works for Windows Server 2016. For more information: see the “Using the Nano Server Emergency Management Console” topic in the Nano Server guide at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt126167.aspx.

3. New-NanoServerImage cmdlet does not use -logpath location

I am trying to create 100s of nanoserver images using the new-nanoserverimage cmdlet. To parallelize the operation I am running the new-nanoserver image cmdlet as a job within the Start-Job block.
    The $Logpath variable changes with each iteration of my while loop. But, I find that on execution some of the jobs start writing to the logs at the default location and throwing an error as there are n number of jobs running the same command simultaneously.

ERROR MESSAGE:
    The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\administrator.DOMAIN\AppData\Local\Temp\NanoServerImageGenerator.log'
    because it is being used by another process.

+ CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (:) [Out-File],
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base