Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Connection List] Active Directory sync

Great would be if you can define multiple OUs to connect to, where the computer objects are situated. So not only an import more like a synchronisation, so that if there are new computers added the list is up to date. And a folder browsing that reflects the OUs with some additional views like "All Connections", "Favorite Connections" and "Recent Connections".

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Services] Implement a "Restart" button for services

Currently there's only the option to stop or start a Service in WAC. Please add a "Restart" button. A PowerShell Cmdlet exists for this, so this should be no Problem.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [AD] Active Directory User Properties should include ability to unlock locked account.

The new Active Directory extension should include ability to unlock locked account.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [RD] Full Screen RDP

It would be nice to make the RDP window full screen.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Feature request] Honolulu should be able to send Email notifications

Please add a functionality to Honolulu that enables the Honolulu Server to send Email notifications. There should be two options:
    1. a global value to be notified via Email if there are Warnings/Alerts - the should be a option to chose: notify for warnings and alerts and notify only for alerts
    2. it would be great to have an button nearby important configurable values "create alert" and then there should be an option to configure a value and chose if the notification should be send when the running value gets greater or smaller than the configured value

The SMTP Server…

592 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  55 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [RBAC] Role Based Access Control for Windows Admin Center

Have the ability for an admin to add all servers or monitored machines into a back end, and setup role based access control using AD security groups, which mean admins don't need to manually add all servers themselves.

For example, if a customer has 20 physical machines and 50 VM's, that could be a lot of entries, especially with a team of server technicians. Adding it all once, and then configuring RBAC, means less configuration long term.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Feature Request] - Admin Center - Windows Update integration

Because Microsoft does not provide any documentation on usoclient.exe, it is not (reliably) possible (useing PowerShell) to get clients to install updates (immediately), etc. (especially drivers provided by WSUS).
    Request: Admin Center integrated feature "WSUS" which makes it possible to retrieve pending Windows updates remotely, install etc. (similar GUI as in W10 itself, at least the same funktions LIKE LOKAL GUI!)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Remote Desktop] Ability to manage RDSH environments.

The ability to manage everything in a RDSH deployment. Collections, publish app, etc.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Bug] LDAP server is unavailable when addding security group

Querying active directory domain for list of machines, when adding servers to the gateway is working properly.
    Managing gateway access, can't add any allowed groups (local or domain) - Gateway users or administrators.

Error: The LDAP server is unavailable.
    localhost

Event log:
    500 - LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.
    Stack trace: at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.Connect()
    at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequestHelper(DirectoryRequest request, Int32& messageID)
    at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout)
    at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.ReadServerConfig(String serverName, ServerProperties& properties)

WAC installed as gateway on Windows Server 2016 (OS Build 14393.2969) - connected to domain
    WAC version 1904.1 & 1906 preview
    Acces to WAC from Windows…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Intune] Intune Connector for Windows Admin Center

We are lacking a remote management tool for our Intune Windows Clients. As we are using windows admin center for our on prem clients, it would be great to connect to a windows 10 intune client to get access to eventlog, powershell etc..

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Multi-Machine] [Virtual Machines] windows updates for VMs

I can do the windows updates for each machine listed in my long list of servers but if I go to my HyperV server and see the list of VM's, I would like to be able to run windows update against those machines without connecting RDP into each VM and then running Windows Update

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [RD] [Credential Format] Credentials are not valid. Verify the username and password are correct and try to reconnect.

I entered the correct username and password, but Ti kept prompting me that my credentials were wrong. I could enter the management interface of Center. I could not enter the remote desktop in the management interface.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [RBAC] [JEA] [Security] Implement a possibility to configure individual JEA roles in Windows Admin Center

We need custom role support for adding custom defined JEA roles in Windows Admin Center!

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. show Windows Update on Dashboard

It will be a good Idea to select more than one server and have it search for updates.. instead of one by one.. Once a month I have to spend hours just on waiting for the servers to apply the updates.. it will be a great Idea to centralize that...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Windows Admin Center CSV Capacity

Currently, when adding a regular Failover Cluster - you are not able to see the used capacity column unless you click on each CSV. It would be great to have used and total capacity columns for CSVs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Gateway] Save user setting in the service instead of the browser

Settings for Dark Mode, Console Settings, & other various settings should be saved for each user to the WCFS CSV for clustered setups. This way a user can have the same experience regardless of browser or computer used. Currently these settings are saved to local browser and it is a pain for users to resetup their configurations when switching browsers

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice if File Storage Migration tool would ACTUALLY WORK!!!

The File Storage Migration tool sounds like an amazingly wonderful tool -- but the reality is that it WILL NOT WORK!!!

I can't get it to do anything in any browser I've tried except to generate the following error, and keep spinning and spinning and spinning....... ad nauseam!
    ======
    Notification details
    Error
    RemoteException: The type 'System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal' is not supported for serialization or deserialization of a dictionary. Keys must be strings.

5:16:09 AM
    Source
    Go to Storage Migration Service.
    Type
    Error

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Issue] Inverted Graphs in Edge after switching tabs

When you are in the overview on a system and you switch tabs in the new Edge Dev browser to any other tab then go back to Windows Admin Center all of the graphs are inverted. This occurs for any image including RDP windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Erweiterung konnte nicht aktualisiert werden Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

I get notifications for available updates of extensions of win admin center.
    After selecting the first extension and after clicking button "update", I recieve following error message:

Erweiterung konnte nicht aktualisiert werden: „msft.sme.azure-file-sync“. Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

In English approximately:
    Extension could not be updated: „msft.sme.azure-file-sync“. Fehler: pl.a.throw is not a function

Win Admin Center is installed on localhost, a Win 10 machine with latest updates and 1903 update

WinAdminCenter Version
    Erstellen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [virtual machines] Resize .VHD and / or .VHDX

It will be very good to resize the VHD or VHDX of Virtual Machines through the Windows Admin Center

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base