Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VOTRE GESTION EST EXECRABLE ... VOS LECTURES DEVIENNENT MARTIENNE A QUAND REVENIR SUR TERRE SANA VOS DEBILITEES .

REVENIR A BEAUCOUP PLUS SIMPLE . DIVISER POUR REGNER C EST CE QUE VOUS FAITES AU DETRIMENT DE VOS CLIENTS ...SEUL VOS ACTIONS EN BOURSE VOUS INTERESSE JE TROUVE VOS METHODES MEPRISABLES ET INNACCEPTABLES .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. event viewer

Event Viewer overview and summary. Add the overview of events over a period of hours/days/weeks as in MMC. Useful to aggregate events failed/successful at a glance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. DHCP lease list should show client name

The DHCP lease list doesn't show the client name. This makes it very difficult to reconcile which clients have which addresses. The description field is commonly blank so it's a waste of time having this.

It's a pity that you can't choose which columns to display.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Updates]

Is it possible that put a “pending updates" column or have a report of the windows updates for all of server on the main page, so that we could clearly see which server need to install the updates , don't need to "connect" each server one by one?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Storage Migration Service Inventory has no Start scan option

Win Server 2019: Storage Migration Service (1.113.0) -Inventory- I have created a task to scan a server (Win Server 2012 R2) but I can not find the option to Start the scan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Bug] Azure Monitor never finishes setup

Azure Monitor setup never ends. It stays in the step "Set up monitoring in Azure --> Message: Azure monitoring setup has started." for ever.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Bug] Windows 10 Build 1909 SmeDesktop.exe crashing

When trying to start WAC the SmeDesktop process crashes shortly after starting. I've installed WAC 2009 (version 1.2.26274.0). I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling multiple times. I have no other issues with apps on my computer.

Here are the errors in order from the Application Event Log:
    Source: .NET Runtime
    Event ID: 1026
    Level: Error
    Application: SmeDesktop.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo)
    at Microsoft.ManagementExperience.Desktop.Program.Launch(Boolean)
    at Microsoft.ManagementExperience.Desktop.Program.Main(System.String[])

Source: Application Error
    Event ID: 1000
    Level: Error
    Description:
    Faulting application name: SmeDesktop.exe, version: 1.2.2009.21002, time stamp: 0xae8f1977
    Faulting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cannot connect to cluster when using WinRM over HTTPS (5986)

Windows Admin Center is connecting to all our servers using WinRM over HTTPS (TCP 5986).

In this scenario I cannot connect to any cluster service (error message attached).

I guess this is due to powershell trying to connect to one of the nodes using cluster name and the server (cluster node) is sending an error because the names don't match.

Is it possible to fix this somehow?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Started getting the following error message the other day:
    Couldn't update extension catalogs. Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Admin Center is running on Windows Server 2019 Core.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Import-Module fails with PowerShell 7.1.0-preview.6

Installed PS 7.1.0-preview.6 from MS store and started with the first command:
    PS C:\Windows\System32> Import-Module "$env:ProgramFiles\windows admin center\PowerShell\Modules\ExtensionTools"
    Add-Type: C:\Program Files\windows admin center\PowerShell\Modules\ExtensionTools\ExtensionTools.psm1:11
    Line |
    11 | add-type @"

|  ~~~~~~~~~~~

| (3,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ICertificatePolicy' could not be found (are you
    | missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) public class TrustAllCertsPolicy :
    | ICertificatePolicy { ^

Add-Type: C:\Program Files\windows admin center\PowerShell\Modules\ExtensionTools\ExtensionTools.psm1:11
    Line |
    11 | add-type @"

|  ~~~~~~~~~~~

| Cannot add type. Compilation errors occurred.

This works fine in PS 5.1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to NOT launch browser at AdminCenter startup

WAC installed on personal computer and manually launched/quitted due to needs. At every manual launch browser opens.
    Please add option to just silently start service. Also this needed because I have different browser as default but want to use MS Edge to work with WAC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix Import-Connection command to use right content type

Currently the Import-Connection function leaves the content type up to guessing for the receiving API.

This causes international characters to not show properly (in my case æ, ø ,å).
    The fix is pretty simple, Content-Type header to the calling parameter set.

I.e:
    $params.ContentType = "application/json; charset=utf-8"

Right now I have basically just taken the parts I need for my current project out of the module and put directly into my script.
    But it would probably be useful to add that fix into the module proper.

There should also be an alternative to not use a file as import source.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Bug] Windows Event Viewer in WAC cant export logs

[Bug] Windows Event Viewer in WAC cant export logs, I tried this on a Windows Event Forwarder Server with 146 Million Logs, and on a Server that had 8,000 logs. Both errored out with "N.a.throw is not a function"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [New tool] Network Policy Server (NPS)

Please enable or develop functionality for administration of Network Policy Server (NPS) using WAC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Certificates expire every 60 days : that's just terrible !

Default certificates expire after 60 days. This means after 60 days WAC will just not start, and you'll have to uninstall / reinstall / loose your time every 60 days.
    WAC is magic : instead of a reliable tool to manage your server (as MMC was), you'll have to manage your management tool first. That's just terrible.
    I really can't understand how such things can happen. Do software designers really look at the real world, and how people use the tools they design ? I really don't think so. And WAC is the perfect example since the beginning (remember the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Scheduled Tasks] Import/Export

Import/Export feature for Scheduled Tasks in Windows Admin Center.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Windows Admin Center Extensions cannot be installed using standard user Windows Session

Windows Admin Center installed on Windows 10 1909. Logged in with an account in Windows with standard user permissions. Right-click and run-as on Windows Admin Center and enter admin credentials. There is no process spawned running my admin credentials.

Launching Edge or Chromium Edge or Windows Admin Center with standard user credentials will launch the page just fine, but I receive an error trying to install any extensions for the Windows Admin Center with error message "Couldn't install the extension: 'Active Directory (Preview)'. Error: Access denied. Unable to perform requested operation. Administrative privilege is required."

The old version of Edge…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. There should be an easy way to switch users

There should be an easier way to change profile at the moment you have to struggle as to how you can open admin center with some different account. I have lab setup at home and office work .... will be awsome if you cant open two instances in one window

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [issue] Hyper-V Server 2019 can't be accessed with WAC 2007

With WAC 2007 I get the error message

Connection error
    Connecting to remote server adserv207.win.desy.de failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the aboutRemoteTroubleshooting Help topic.

With WAC 1910 I have access to the server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. WinRM won't work with Negotiate authentication disabled

Hello WAC Team.
    Ran into a constraint while using Admin Center. We disable Negotiate authentication and only allow Kerberos authentication to be used for WinRM. Windows Admin Center seems to rely on Negotiate authentication however, and hence fails to connect to remote computer. Is there a way to introduce option to only use Kerberos authentication, either centrally for all connections, or per connection?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base