Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [HCI] [S2D] View S2D Cache Performance

It could be interresting to have cache statistique in performance view.
    For example
    % of read in cache
    % of direct read/write
    Volume of read and write data in cahce ...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Updates] [bug] no reboot with "restart immediately"

If I choose "restart immediately", the server never reboots. If Ischedule the restart, the server reboots at this time, also if it's in the working hours.

With choosing "immediately" I expect really immediately, not when windows thinks, it's the right time, maybe next year.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [Network] Network settings

Please provide the full functionality of the graphical user interface

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

including

Advanced Settings

Binding order and Provider order

and

<Connection Name>

Properties

and the ability to enable or disable items like

Client for Microsoft Networks
    File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

and so on.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Powershell] remote powershell should exit when connection closes

Steps to Repro:
    1. Install WAC Version 1809 (Build 1.1.1809.17002) on Windows 10
    2. Connect to a remote server running Server 2016
    3. Open the "PowerShell" tool
    4. Provide credentials for the remote PowerShell
    5. <do work>
    6. In PowerShell, run the command 'exit'

Expected results:
    PowerShell disconnects and need to be reconnected.

Actual results:
    PowerShell on the remote server properly exits as expected, but the console remains with a PowerShell console for the local machine.

Likely Fix:
    Use PowerShell's built-in ability to run a command and immediately exit when that command completes, such as the command-line option "-Command" as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Events] advanced filtering

The events list should allow more advanced filtering.

For example, support for existing XML filters created with existing Microsoft Windows Event Log viewer.

If WAC uses powershell Get-EventLog, then expose at least the ability to filter with the same functionality it provides:
    * [-Newest <Int32>]
    * [-After <DateTime>]
    * [-Before <DateTime>]
    * [-UserName <String[]>]
    * [[-InstanceId] <Int64[]>]
    * [-Index <Int32[]>]
    * [-EntryType <String[]>]
    * [-Source <String[]>]
    * [-Message <String>]

Steps to Repro:
    3. Open the "Events" tool
    4. In the "Events"…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Events] list should allow "description" column

The events list should allow the user to customize the columns provided, or at least provide an option to show the decription of events.

Steps to Repro:
    3. Open the "Events" tool
    4. In the "Events" tool, choose to show "Security" events
    5. Note the columns displayed are "Level", "Date and Time", "Source", and "Event ID"
    6. Try to find understand event meanings from the list...

Expected Results:
    UI should provide ability to select columns displayed in the list.
    UI should…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Services] [SNMP] Edit SNMP Settings

I've added the SNMP Role & Feature, but when I try manage my 2016 Server Core installation via Honolulu - under Services, SNMP Service, Settings. I can only see the option to change the Startup Mode. I need to add our SNMP community (under the 'Traps' tab) & set the appropriate authentication under the 'Security' tab.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Virtual Machines] Have the Summary on the Hyper-Converged Volumes reflect issues from the Inventory

Currently the Hyper-Converged Storage volume Summary shows healthy but in the Inventory All nodes show Needs Repair. Have the Summary at least reflect in the Warning are the status for other then Healthy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [New tool] Print Management

Allow to manage local printers and shared printers.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Extensibility] Add links to "installed solutions" drop down field

Posibility to add own, internal links (e.g. to other web-portals) in the installed solutions drop down field

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Remote Desktop] RDP Custom Port

We use a custom port for all of our RDP sessions. Can this port be configured in Project Honolulu to reflect our needs?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Feature request] Honolulu web UI should be available over IPv6

Bind the Honolulu web UI to IPv6

Current the Honolulu web UI is only bound to IPv4. It's therefore not possible to access it, and manage servers from IPv6 only systems.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Deployment] [Reverse proxy] [Apache] Windows Admin Center cannot be easily added behind reverse proxy

I tried to add Windows Admin Center behind an Apache reverse proxy, but I'm still getting error HTTP 400 for scripts like:
    inline.80a2d025011f12ffb655.bundle.js

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [New Scenario] Hosting/Managed Service Provider

Please add a scenario for hosting service providers who are left with a very capability big gap between deprecation of Windows Azure Pack (WAP) and introduction of Azure stack. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of HSPs who want to continue DIY datacenter building using Windows and System Center 2016 but are left without a good control panel/management/self-service portal to provide the services to their tenants.

While partners can develop RPs/Extensions similar to WAP, we do need a base framework to go from. Please enable this scenario.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Bug] [File] [Issue] All ISO image files are recognized as folders

In my servers, All ISO image files are recognized as folders.
    For that, I can't assign image to VMs.
    I am convinced that this is a bug in Windows Admin Center 1804.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [HCI] [S2D] My Volume has filled up - I need to migrate VM storage to new volume, don't make me use FCM

My HCI S2D volume has filled up as VM disks grew. I am getting a critical alert in Windows Admin Center telling me I need to move files. To move files I need to do a Storage Migration for my VMs on the volume. I can not do this from inside WAC - I need to launch Failover Cluster Manager, pick a VM and do Move: Virtual Machine Storage. I would like to do this from within WAC.

Alert:
    Volume MirrorREFSDisk3
    The volume 'MirrorREFSDisk3' is running low on available storage capacity.
    Details
    The volume 'MirrorREFSDisk3' is running low on available…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Connection list] Server Description Column on the "All Connections" page.

A Server "Description" column on the "All Connections" page that is centrally managed within an organization so that an admin could give description text for each server within an organization.

Since descriptions can take up a lot of column space, consider showing an "i" icon for each entry in the column (that has a description). When a user clicks on an icon next to that server, they will see the server's description in a SharePoint style callout popup or slide-out.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Credentials] Allow saving credentials, then explicitly stating 'use these credentials'

PH requires re-entering credentials all the time. Some things might require different credentials, allow saving them and require explicit approval to use them. But one needs a way to have people use only the credentials they are allowed to use. Also need a way to set up 'limited-use' credentials and logins such that these logins or credentials use and work with only a subset of servers or a subset of functions, for example, Person X can see and work with all the servers and use the domain admin credential, but Person Y can only see/work with a few servers and…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Roles & features] [Post-install task] [AD Promo] After installing AD DS role, Admin Center doesn't prompt for DC Promo

Just installed a new DC, used Admin Center to add the AD DS role and after, it just states successful but doesn't prompt me to do a DC Promo. It should have a notification or link.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Bug] Certificate private key not marked exportable after import

When importing a new (wildcard) certificate using WAC, the private key on the certificate is marked as "not exportable" regardless of whether the "mark private key as exportable" box is checked during the import.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base