Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [MSA] [Computer Management] Doesn't work on my machine

Installed on a Windows 10 PC. When I tried to connect to it (locally), it said:

Couldn't connect, Verify the connection details and then try again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] [HA] Migrating service to another note should keep added connections

I've installed WAC as a Highly Available role as per the instructions from Microsoft. When I migrate the service to another node in the cluster, it wipes away my added connections and resets WAC like it is installed for the first time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Connection list] [Gateway Management] Server list does not persist with a username change

Following a Honolulu AD username change, the list of saved servers is gone and I cant see a way to re-link the username to the existing list of servers and computers.

Is there a config file or local DB that can be modified to suit this situation. We have modified our UPN's due to a pending Office365 migration so this could be a common case.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Connections] [Add Connection] Validate Button on Add Server

In this moment there's a big lag when the user insert the server name because every single letter run the discover into the network. To avoid this is better add a button called "Validate" to use only when the full machine name is inserted.

S

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Local users and groups] Allow multiple users to be added to local groups

I have several service accounts and users to add to the local Admins and other groups on various servers. It would be nice if we could add multiple users using the ";" or even better, autocomplete names when typing in a domain user like for example, SharePoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [HA] Instead of Active Passive, can we have a Active/Active mode supported by NLB.

Instead of Active Passive, can we have a Active/Active mode supported by NLB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Bug] [RBAC] Unable to connect to server using an account with RBAC privileges without authenticating twice

When signed in to Windows Admin Center using an account that is in one of the Windows Admin Center RBAC groups for a server, the "Manage As" button has to be used to select "Use another account for this connection" and authenticate again. If the user does not click "Manage As" to authenticate again, they will be unable to connect to the server.
    I would propose that Windows Admin Center should allow the user to connect to the server without requiring the user to authenticate a second time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Bug] [Extension Manager] Provide a refresh button or similar

New package extensions copied into the extension share folder don't show up in the "Available Extensions" list. I currently have to go into settings and change the path and then change it back to the share folder to refresh.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Safari Browser] Support loading managment portal in Safari browser on OSx

Support loading managment portal in Safari browser on OSx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Logging] Log all conects to systems in gateway

For gdpr in Europa since may 2018, we must log all connections from us to our customers. So we need a function witch user connect to which system. Regards Frank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Extensibility] Hooks into storage

Add ability to monitor third party storage solutions (NetApp, Compellant, Nimble) similar to HPE Infosite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Computer Management] Extend Honolulu functionality to manage Desktop OS starting with Windows 7

It would be great if Honolulu functionality can be extended to manage workstations and laptops on the network starting with Windows 7 and up. Even if additional software needs to be loaded to Windows 7 computers in order to extend their functionality and allow management by Honolulu. If it’s too much at least extend Honolulu functionality to manage Windows 10 PCs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [UI] [Tools list] Pin favorites tools

As there is plenty of tools in Honolulu, please add option to make some of them on top of the list (favorites). Similar to Azure console approach.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Connection list] Show Operating system, Type and version in "Server Connections" view

Show Operatingsystem, Type and version in "Server Connections" view

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Network] Ethernet rename

I would like to have the ability to rename an Ethernet adapter just like i can in the GUI. For example, say i have a box with 2 ethernet adapters installed. One has Internet only access and the other has Intranet only access. I would like to change the names to be more specific such as Public and Private, etc ..

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Quick Assist] Quick Assist integration

Integrate it into Quick Assist, so it can be accessible via active Quick Assist session.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Computer Management] Network in Computer Management

Please add Network to Computer Management node.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Virtual Switches] Allow Add, Edit, Remove of Management OS vNICs

Drop the "Share" terminology.
    Allow management OS vNICs to be managed properly: name and VLAN. Extra bonus for linking to the related object's page under Network.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [UI] Checkbox visibility

The checkboxes on the Roles and Features page are white on a white background. They should be better visible

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base