Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Overview] Add Heartbeat column

Please add a heartbeat column next to computers that pings computers for availabilty

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [RBAC] the true solution for Hyper-V like SCVMM

The true RBAC solution for Hyper-V like SCVMM, which has full RBAC capabilities with very granular options for assigning different rights through the use of custom user roles that can be created and assigned the required configuration targeting specific resources.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [S2D] Azure HCI, add information re Storage Pool rebuild

When you need to add disks / nodes to a S2D cluster you can use get-storagejob to view minimal information about rebuild timelines.
    It would be nice to add similar but better more in depth into WAC.
    Also why is there no Pool information displayed in WAC ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Bug] Version 1910.2 stop working cluster manager Hyper-v

[Bug] Version 1910.2 stop working Cluster Manager Hyper-v

Type
    Error

RemoteException: Cannot convert the "System.Object[]" value of type "System.Object[]" to type "System.Int32".

Try fixing any computer connection issues and refreshing the browser. We couldn't query the computer inventory data to determine the set of tools. Error: RemoteException: Cannot convert the "System.Object[]" value of type "System.Object[]" to type "System.Int32".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Remote Desktop] Allow remote desktop to be expanded to fill the whole page

The remote descktop pane seems very restricted in size. Allow the pane to go full screen and/or fill the webpage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. HCI Cluster shows 50% memory used error on all nodes

HCI Cluster shows 50% memory used error on all nodes but the thresholds can't be changed
    nor isn't it unexpected on an HCI Cluster with S2D and HV

Hyper-V Vms takes a lot of RAM and the S2D Cache too...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WAC - enable Azure AD Application proxy full support (with websockets)

WAC should be configurable fully with Azure AD Application Proxy. These 2 technologies are a potentially great combination

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. new innovation

new innovation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If the keywords specified in the cluster validation are localized, it will guess that Cluster Creation will not work.

In Windows Admin Center 1910.2, I installed Cluster Creation 1.2.0 and confirmed creation of Classic Failover Cluster.
    The Japanese version of Windows Server 2019 cannot perform cluster validation.
    The English version of Windows Server 2019 can perform cluster validation.
    If the keywords specified in the cluster validation are localized, it will guess that Cluster Creation will not work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remote Computer mit wake on lan starten

1. Virtuelle Maschinen, die ausgeschaltet oder gespeichert sind starten.

2. Remote Computer über wake on lan starten

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Windows Admin Center Setup generates an error "1: Unhandled exception"

Windows Admin Center Setup generates an error
    "1: Unhandled exception"

Situation: The gateway(Windows Server 2019) has all the newest updates!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to sort by tag or another sort-able field to group servers or computers.

Such as sort by locations, Hyper-V server, DC's etc...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hostnames changing

Our one main issue is, the hostnames constantly change in WAC. Once you connect to a server, WAC will then show the correct hostname again. But then next time you connect to WAC, the hostname may be wrong again. For example, we have servers named like "prod-01-w19-server1", "prod-01-w19-server2", etc. Sometimes WAC will incorrectly show hostname for server1 as server2. Once we connect to server1, then it will show the correct hostname again, for awhile.

This is in AWS, managing 2019 servers. I'm assuming this is unique to our environment, as I don't see any other posts about this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After-install customisations seem impossible. Suggestions.

I want to be able to change the listening port after installing WAC.
    Also, the "WinRM only over HTTPS" setting should be able to change after installing too.
    Also, I would like to be able to change the WAC web-server certificate to one of my own.
    Also, when using WAC locally, I want an option for whether it should open a new browser page when I start it. I find it really annoying when it opens a new page on a browser, because it always chooses the wrong browser. :(
    You could instead put an option on the system tray's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a change log for the Server

Keep track of changes performed on a server in automated or manual way. This is for small businesses as bigger ones have a commercial or self created solution.
    Automated would be tracking user changes and logging it somewhere (just like TMG 2010 did for changes to the firewall rules for instance)
    Manual would be by providing a Change Log space on the front page or on the left side as a input item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Couldn't install the extension was not available from any extension feed

bug when 1910 WAC HA Cluster is set to no internet access however unable to add extension from a local feed i.e. C:\ClusterStorage\Data\Extensions

Feed is not available: 'https://aka.ms/sme-extension-feed'.
    Couldn't install the extension: 'msft.iis.iis-management'. Error: Extension msft.iis.iis-management 0.1.3042563 was not available from any extension feed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Get the **** out

your connected to my computer using my domain and i DID NOT give authorization

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. muy buena muy buena

se suguere, un poco más didactico de actualizar, pero esta bien

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [DNS] TXT Records should be manageable

Allow creation and editing of TXT records from the DNS extension for WAC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Cluster Creation preview] [BUG] [BLOCKER] creating a failover cluster fails at "renaming nic"

tested 1910.2
    try to create a failover cluster e.g. for Hyper-V
    The wizard works great at the beginning but has serious issues if it does not find network adapters to configure.(Webpage loads eternally or hangs). Workaround reload: WAC Cluster Creation

If there are network adapters it does want rename them (no option to skip this) and fails at this step.

From this part on you cannot use the wizard anymore and need to fall back to Failover Cluster Management mmc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base