Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visual disk space per disk (configurable view)

Visual disk space per disk (configurable view, might be ,lots of disks) in a pie chart style to show free/used space per disk or volume. Auto refresh enabled. Set warnings for low disk space threshold (e.g. "only 5gb left on E" etc etc)

to be shown on main screen of selected server

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. builtin\administrators

There is an Error when I try to delete the BuiltIn\Administrators from the Gateway Administrators under Access. I have added a Security group with the users that i want. Built in Administrators has way to many objects in it to properly lock down this role

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [BUG] Import-Connection Invalid JSON primitive

When importing CSV through powershell using following command:
    Import-Connection "https://wac.contoso.com" -fileName "WAC-connections.csv"

It throws an error:
    ConvertFrom-Json : Invalid JSON primitive: The.
    At C:\Program Files\windows admin center\PowerShell\Modules\ConnectionTools\ConnectionTools.psm1:206 char:18
    + $error = ConvertFrom-Json $_
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [ConvertFrom-Json], ArgumentException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ConvertFromJsonCommand

Following is what is in CSV file:
    "name","type","tags","groupid"
    "test1.test.local","msft.sme.connection-type.server","","global"
    "test2.test.local","msft.sme.connection-type.server","","global"
    "test3.test.local","msft.sme.connection-type.server","","global"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Websocket error WinRM over HTTPS

Hi.

I have installed Windows Admin Center (Current 1910) for the first time tonight. Initially everything went well.

My environment is running Windows Server Core 2019 (Inclusing the WAS Gateway server). Everything is patched up to the current level.

All my servers have a HTTPS listener with a valid machine certificate. "UseSSL" is required when remoting in to these machines and all test OK.

However WAS seems to throw this exception each time i try to connect with the Powershell tool:
    Exit WebSocket reading loop: The 'System.Net.WebSockets.ServerWebSocket' instance cannot be used for communication because it has been transitioned into the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sort tags in the Filter panel

Tags seem to be listed in the 'Filter' panel in the order that they were added to the system - please provide the option to sort them alphabetically. Perhaps also provide a search bar within the 'Filter' panel, to only show matching filters.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the ability to connect to servers on a different network

I can add servers by name, but they cannot be connected to unless they are on the same network as I am. I would like to be able to add servers by IP (so I can connect from a different network) and then use WinRM over SSL for security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [BUG][RBAC] Unable to Deploy JEA on Workgroup Machines

Attempting to use the WAC portal to deploy RBAC to a default configured Windows Server results in an error: Couldn't schedule the application of RBAC. Couldn't apply role-based access control to the computer. Error: The network path was not found.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [BUG] All tags selected/checked when editing a shared connection

Version 1910, Build 1.2.1910.31005: When selecting a shared connection to add a new tag, it checks all tags for the resource in question. You have to then unselect the resource and then select it again so that only the applied tags will be checked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [RBAC] Role Based Access Control for Windows Admin Center

Have the ability for an admin to add all servers or monitored machines into a back end, and setup role based access control using AD security groups, which mean admins don't need to manually add all servers themselves.

For example, if a customer has 20 physical machines and 50 VM's, that could be a lot of entries, especially with a team of server technicians. Adding it all once, and then configuring RBAC, means less configuration long term.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WAC Performance Monitor-Change Units

I would like to be able to change units and/or have an option to auto-scale units. An example would be network adapter bandwidth which is fixed to Bytes/sec. I would like the option to change this to bits or bytes with kilo, mega, giga scales.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to be able to perform RMM on Windows 10 devices which are AAD joined

There is an option to add Windows 10 PCs in WAC, but that does not function for AAD joined devices.

It would be very helpful to be able to perform RMM on AAD joined devices using the multitude of tools already available in WAC. Especially for Cloud only customer who do not have a local domain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Screen does not switch after enabling Azure File Sync using Azure File Sync extension

I can use the Azure File Sync extension to enable Azure File Sync, but the screen does not switch.
    Even if I click [Windows Admin Center] on the upper left, the situation does not change.

Although it is information in Japanese, I have summarized the screen shots in the following blog.
    https://sshzk.blogspot.com/2020/05/windows-admin-center-19102azure-file_5.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Setup button of Azure File Sync is not enabled in Japanese display

In Japanese, even if you enter the required information, the [Setup] button of Azure File Sync will not be enabled.
    For English display, the [Set up] button of Azure File Sync is enabled.
    Although it is information in Japanese, I have summarized the screen shots in the following blog.
    https://sshzk.blogspot.com/2020/05/windows-admin-center-19102azure-file.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Bug] Browse option not opening the Destination Server when moving a VM.

When moving a VM from one Hyper-V Server to another, if you click "Browse" to specify the destination folder where the VM is going, WAC opens the Source server instead.
    This can easily recreated by setting up two 2019 Servers with Hyper-V, try to move one VM to another using WAC Move option, and click Browse... This will take you to the Source server instead of the Destination.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Bug] Actually implement Windows 10 node management. It literally does not work currently

Although the documentation claims it does, Windows Admin Center literally does NOT work for managing Windows 10 nodes. At all. It's not that the functionality is partially broken; literally nothing works.

First of all, you can't even connect to a node, and the documentation doesn't provide any detailed instructions how to, either.

Worse, it's obvious the development team doesn't care. This issue has been reported over a month ago on TechCommunity with zero responses: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-admin-center/getting-error-when-trying-to-manage-local-pc-with-windows-admin/m-p/1145011

Any ideas? Considering that stuff like Cockpit works across nearly all Linux distros, this is pretty pathetic from the Microsoft side of things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. HTTP Compression

We noticed WAC is very quick over the LAN, but nearly unusable over VPN. Watching the size and amount of files being transferred, wouldnt some HTTP compression help this? Do not see a way to enable, but thinking this may help performance when this amount of large files are transferred (manifest.json, etc.)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a logout button

Please add a logout button. Chrome asks me for my credentials when I login. I would like the option to switch. If there is ever a login, there needs to be a logout.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [UI][Tools List] Reorder Tools

I'd like to be able to not just favorite but reorder the tools I use most often to the top of the toolbox. and hide others that i don't or wont' use without having to remove the extension as I may use it on one server and never on another.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Bug] WAC on Azure VM unable to connect to VMs in peered VNETs

Environment = Hub and Spoke Azure, with Azure Active Directory only. WAC is installed on hub VM and has access to all spoke VMs via peered vnets.

Issue = A user can RDP or Remote Powershell from the central hub VM to the spoke VMs via the private subnet IP addresses successfully (vnets are peered to allow this). When trying to add VMs via WAC however, the same user is unable to successfully authenticate. All credential fomats (UPN, NetBIOS style, non-domain specified) state as invalid, even when using temporary local credentials on the target server that has local admin rights.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Azure] Fix Authentication Issue when UPN is bound to multiple subscriptions

A user account authentication issues when logging into Azure via Windows Admin Center after registration if the UPN is bound to more than 1 subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base