Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Deployment] Windows Admin Center - Allow Install on Domain Controller (Lab Testing)

Please allow Windows Admin Center to be installed on a domain controller. This is needed for training, lab and testing scenarios. The current MSI package blocks this.

Yes, it is well understood that extra or unnecessary services should not be installed on domain controllers, no one doubts this, no need to debate or rehash it here -- but this choice should be left up to the org, it should not be an artificial restriction imposed by the Admin Center installer.

Yes, everyone is aware that it can be installed on another VM for lab testing or training, that this would…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] Unable to use Remote Desktop

If Remote Desktop is enabled by GPO the Remote Desktop Connection from Windows Admin Center does not work.
    Remote desktop connections are not allowed to this computer. This can be changed from Remote Desktop settings page.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [MSI] [Security] [Certificate] Browse for installed certificate

Hi,
    During "Windows Admin Center" installation, the admin allow to choose to generate a new self-certificate or using existing certificate.
    The Admin should be allowed to review all the current/existing digital certificate directly via the GUI. Using Digital Certificate Thumbprint isn’t the correct/easy way from my point of view.
    -Allow the Admin to replace digital certificate by power shell and UI.
    Thanx

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Bug] I entered a host to manage with a UNC name (starting with \\) and now I cannot remove it from the list

I am having trouble getting connected to any other host, and it my efforts to try different things, I added a host with \ in front of the name. It's in my list now, I can't connect to it, and I cannot remove it either. Hosts I added without starting with \ (which also don't work) can be removed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [MSA] [Computer Management] Doesn't work on my machine

Installed on a Windows 10 PC. When I tried to connect to it (locally), it said:

Couldn't connect, Verify the connection details and then try again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Connections] [Add Connection] Validate Button on Add Server

In this moment there's a big lag when the user insert the server name because every single letter run the discover into the network. To avoid this is better add a button called "Validate" to use only when the full machine name is inserted.

S

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Multi machine] [Events] Search eventlogs across multiple servers

The search for eventlogs is great, but I have a situation where I have 4 servers performing the same role (and for reasons made far above my head, we can't log to a database), and I'l like to search all 4 of their eventlogs at once.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Remote Desktop] Add Remote Desktop Gateway RDC option to Honolulu

Add a settings pane to configure the Remote Desktop Connection to use a Remote Desktop Gateway.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [New tool] Ipam management

Gestion de Ipam avec ses topologies de deployement

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Bug] [Extension Manager] Provide a refresh button or similar

New package extensions copied into the extension share folder don't show up in the "Available Extensions" list. I currently have to go into settings and change the path and then change it back to the share folder to refresh.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Safari Browser] Support loading managment portal in Safari browser on OSx

Support loading managment portal in Safari browser on OSx

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Mult-Machine] Run script (Automation Tasks)

An Automation task where you can for example run scripts and the servers can be used in bound in blocks or domains (This script for these 5 servers or on the whole domain).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Update] Update Honolulu inside of Honolulu web interface

Right now we have to go out and download the latest version of Honolulu and install. It would be cool to see an option, maybe inside of settings, to click search for and install updates for Honolulu.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [DFS] DFS should be manageable via Honolulu

DFS namespaces and folders with targets should be visible and manageable via Honolulu

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Logging] Log all conects to systems in gateway

For gdpr in Europa since may 2018, we must log all connections from us to our customers. So we need a function witch user connect to which system. Regards Frank

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Storage] Extend virtualdisk

It would be nice to be able to extend virtual hard disks from Honolulu.
    Currently I have to use PowerShell to do it

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Services] Update ID/password in services

When reviewing the services, especially under SQL-related Services, it would be helpful to be able to update the ID and password.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Extensibility] Hooks into storage

Add ability to monitor third party storage solutions (NetApp, Compellant, Nimble) similar to HPE Infosite

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [storage] update-hoststoragecache

On the storage page, the Disks page should include an option that triggers an Update-HostStorageCache on the on the machine being managed. Simply clicking the refresh circular arrow never does this.

This is important if Honolulu is being used along side the vSphere management tools to enlarge disks. Without the Update-HostStorageCache, you can never see the new space, and thus can't resize the volume for your customer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Services] Add Log On As column to Services management.

We've had Description and Log On As columns in the windows desktop services applet forever. I oftentimes connect to a remote server and sort by Log On As to find our custom services (They run under a domain user service account)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base