Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reboot / shutdown option on paused node in Cluster view

Please include reboot / shutdown option on paused node in cluster view. it will make maintenance on nodes easier, will be very helpful on multi node Hyper-V cluster so that one will not reboot any running hype-v node mistakenly without moving VMs to other Hyper-V nodes in Cluster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG][RBAC] Unable to Deploy JEA on Workgroup Machines

Attempting to use the WAC portal to deploy RBAC to a default configured Windows Server results in an error: Couldn't schedule the application of RBAC. Couldn't apply role-based access control to the computer. Error: The network path was not found.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suggest: Provide a clear error message rather just said ERROR

Ex: I am creating reservation IP and the IP was created but I have create double same IP but the message just shown ERROR without any clear info of that error.

Why not shows it is duplicate IP?

Here the error while I am create duplicate reserve IP:

Error
    Create a new DHCP scope address reservation

3:17:04 PM
    Source
    Go to DHCP.
    Type
    Error

DHCP scope address reservation creation failed. Error RemoteException: Failed to reserve IP address 10.1.3.169 for ClientID/ClientDUID xx-26-ab-xx-xx-89 in scope 10.1.0.0 on DHCP server ***..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Windows Admin Center 1910 and Install-WindowsAdminCenterHA-1907.zip includes Install-WindowsAdminCenterHA.ps1 unable to deploy HA

Regarding the HA configuration, the following phenomenon has occurred and I feel that I can not deploy it properly.
    - HA configuration deployment is complete if there is no computer object for the cluster. However, the HA configuration cluster resource does not start because the computer object specified in the ClientAccessPoint option has not been created.
    -I create a computer object for the cluster, invalidate it, and deploy the HA configuration, the deployment fails.

The prepared environment is as follows.
    - Windows Server 2019 English Failover Cluster
    It is a FailOver Cluster consisting of 2 nodes with a shared disk…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Screen does not switch after enabling Azure File Sync using Azure File Sync extension

I can use the Azure File Sync extension to enable Azure File Sync, but the screen does not switch.
    Even if I click [Windows Admin Center] on the upper left, the situation does not change.

Although it is information in Japanese, I have summarized the screen shots in the following blog.
    https://sshzk.blogspot.com/2020/05/windows-admin-center-19102azure-file_5.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Setup button of Azure File Sync is not enabled in Japanese display

In Japanese, even if you enter the required information, the [Setup] button of Azure File Sync will not be enabled.
    For English display, the [Set up] button of Azure File Sync is enabled.
    Although it is information in Japanese, I have summarized the screen shots in the following blog.
    https://sshzk.blogspot.com/2020/05/windows-admin-center-19102azure-file.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Storage]

I have tried both ESXI and Hyper-V, it seems there have lots of improvement areas for Hyper-V or WAC just for a simple action: manage storage!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Feature] More Option in WAC for Hyper-V settings and VM Disk

There are missing some options in Hyper-V role like

• no option to enable SR-IOV on network card, DHCP Protection etc.

• no option to set fixed size VHDX when creating VM

For me its crucial not because i cant use powershell but because not only i menage server and not everyone know powershell like me.
    Of course you can use RSAT but it wont work if you force WinRM over SSL so i thin is very important to add this to WAC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Bug] WAC on Azure VM unable to connect to VMs in peered VNETs

Environment = Hub and Spoke Azure, with Azure Active Directory only. WAC is installed on hub VM and has access to all spoke VMs via peered vnets.

Issue = A user can RDP or Remote Powershell from the central hub VM to the spoke VMs via the private subnet IP addresses successfully (vnets are peered to allow this). When trying to add VMs via WAC however, the same user is unable to successfully authenticate. All credential fomats (UPN, NetBIOS style, non-domain specified) state as invalid, even when using temporary local credentials on the target server that has local admin rights.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SCVMM SDN and Windows Admin Center

It would be nice to support integration of WAC with SCVMM SDN. Until November 2019 I knew it was not supported due to different authentication method. No ETA existed back then to implement this AFAIK. I hope this gets implemented as admins have no tools to manage SDN when using SCVMM SDN. SCOM sdn mp may not always work (never worked for me) and will definitely not manage firewall rules even if it worked...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Azure] Fix Authentication Issue when UPN is bound to multiple subscriptions

A user account authentication issues when logging into Azure via Windows Admin Center after registration if the UPN is bound to more than 1 subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Virtual Machine] Increase speed of tool

VM Inventory on Clusters is VERY slow! Can you PLEASE find a way to speed it up?

Thank You in Advance for any enhancements in this general area!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [BUG] [Storage] [Resize Volume] Volume size will not be refreshed

In addition to this issue stated here
    https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295071-management-tools/suggestions/37020679--storage-resize-volume-needs-use-all-available

I am now seeing a new problem in WAC 1910 and 1910.2

The volume size will only be refreshed once. Refresh button does not work for VOLUMES. It works for DISKS.

how to repro:
    in hyper-v / VMware enlarge the a VHDX/ VMDK of the server
    connect to a virtual server via WAC
    Go to storage
    you will see the unallocated space on the disk
    resize the volume which has the unallocated space on the disk

repeat increasing the disk size in Hyper-V / VMware

press the refresh button on disks >…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Storage] Show LUN information in addition to Windows Disk ID

This is a drawback that even is in Server Manager.
    The Disk view only shows the Windows Disk ID but it should also show the SCSI LUN ID.

Why is this important: when assigning new Disks from a storage then you need to have know which LUN is which disk.

How to implement for you via Powershell in WAC:

Code

Get-WmiObject Win32DiskDrive | sort scsibus,scsilogicalunit | ft @{Label=”ScsiBus”;Expression={$.scsibus}}, @{Label=”LUN”;Expression={$.scsilogicalunit}}, @{Label=”Disk Number”;Expression={$.index}}, @{Label=”Size (GB)”;Expression={[Math]::Round($_.size / 1GB, 2)}}, Caption -autosize

alternatively
    get-wmiobject Win32_DiskDrive | select name, caption, scsibus, scsilogicalunit | sort-object name | ft -autosize -wrap

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Storage] Show LUN information in addition to Windows Disk ID

This is a drawback that even is in Server Manager.
    The Disk view only shows the Windows Disk ID but it should also show the SCSI LUN ID.

Why is this important: when assigning new Disks from a storage then you need to have know which LUN is which disk.

How to implement for you via Powershell in WAC:

Code

Get-WmiObject Win32DiskDrive | sort scsibus,scsilogicalunit | ft @{Label=”ScsiBus”;Expression={$.scsibus}}, @{Label=”LUN”;Expression={$.scsilogicalunit}}, @{Label=”Disk Number”;Expression={$.index}}, @{Label=”Size (GB)”;Expression={[Math]::Round($_.size / 1GB, 2)}}, Caption -autosize

alternatively
    get-wmiobject Win32_DiskDrive | select name, caption, scsibus, scsilogicalunit | sort-object name | ft -autosize -wrap

sources:
    https://rvdnieuwendijk.com/2012/05/29/powershell-function-to-get-disk-scsi-lun-number/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Overview] Add General inventory with option to export list to csv

inventory including bios SN , monitor SN , pc model , and stuff like that would be very helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Overview] Add Heartbeat column

Please add a heartbeat column next to computers that pings computers for availabilty

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reporting

please add reporting tools into WAC , for example reporting computer names with their serial number ... and add other reporting capabilities please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add custom scripts

hello , i would like to add my custom scripts for example i want a column that is called heartbeat that shows if the computer is online or offline ... i want to get bios and monitor serial number by default ... can i do that ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Bug] WAC 1910.2 is not allowing gateway host to connect to 2019 AD servers in same subnet

Hello, I'm excited to start using this tool to manage (and delegate management) of our windows 2019 AD servers. I have it set up on a lab where there are 4 systems, a 2019 gateway server, and 3 2019 servers running active directory. 2DC's are core and 1DC is desktop experience, the gateway is desktop experience and that is where I'm running my browser to connect from. I'm seeing the same problem with connecting to any of the servers. From the start I have received the same error message when trying to connect to one of the systems i've added…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base