Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [New Tool] [Backup] Add Windows Server Backup to Tools under Server Manager

Would be helpful to add the Windows Server Backup under Tools for Server Manager to help aide the process of checking backup statuses and possibly add the functionality to configure/start the backup process.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] [cluster] Incorrect count and inventory of clustered VM in cluster (Windows 2016)

When open Virtual Machine tab of some cluster in Failover Cluster Manager displayed correct number of VM while refreshing and collecting data. Then count of VM changed and show incorrecty number - in Total on Summary tab. And incorrect list in Inventory tab.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Services] [SNMP] Edit SNMP Settings

I've added the SNMP Role & Feature, but when I try manage my 2016 Server Core installation via Honolulu - under Services, SNMP Service, Settings. I can only see the option to change the Startup Mode. I need to add our SNMP community (under the 'Traps' tab) & set the appropriate authentication under the 'Security' tab.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [UI] [Tools list] Pin favorites tools

As there is plenty of tools in Honolulu, please add option to make some of them on top of the list (favorites). Similar to Azure console approach.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Cluster] [CSV] Full CSV management cycle in one place

Now, you can's initialize new disk for cluster using FCM. You must use either MMC, or RSAT Server Manager (SM) or PoSh.
    You can't add initialized disk to cluster-available using MMC.
    You can't create volume on cluster-storage using FCM.
    You can't re-format available disk using FCM.
    You can't remove volume using FCM.
    You can choose all dedup options only using PoSh.
    You can do CSV-repair only using PoSh.

You can't do almost anything using Honolulu 1802. Please, add full management. Please, do it before adding S2D back to next semi-annual Server Core release.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Updates] Windows updates should not show hidden updates

A Windows update that was hidden using the WU interface on the server still shows up in the list of available updates in Honolulu. These should be hidden there, too.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Cluster] [FCM] Cluster Management tools for Honolulu

Currently, in Cluster interface there is no way to add node, evict node, change witness mode or even generate/view Validation Report.

Suppose, Honolulu targeted to replace legacy tools? Well, MMC FCM is so outdated, than most clustering functionality accessible only thru PowerShell. Donno, why at least this old "still used by everyone" tool functionality still don't exported to Honolulu, before anything else.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Network] Network settings

Please provide the full functionality of the graphical user interface

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

including

Advanced Settings

Binding order and Provider order

and

<Connection Name>

Properties

and the ability to enable or disable items like

Client for Microsoft Networks
    File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

and so on.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Certificates] Manage Private Keys

Please provide the certificates management console <Manage Private Keys> functionality, to be able to view or change the access security settings for the certificate's private keys.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Remote Desktop] On Remote desktop replace "Disconnect" with "Sign Out"

I saw that in Remote desktop connection I have options for press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Disconnect. I am sure, that a lot of administrators are always using Disconnect for end their sessions and I am also sure, that would be better to use Sign Out. For this reason I propose to replace Disconnect with Sign Out. Is more secure and better for all administrators.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Connection list] [Gateway Management] Server list does not persist with a username change

Following a Honolulu AD username change, the list of saved servers is gone and I cant see a way to re-link the username to the existing list of servers and computers.

Is there a config file or local DB that can be modified to suit this situation. We have modified our UPN's due to a pending Office365 migration so this could be a common case.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Remote Desktop] RDP Custom Port

We use a custom port for all of our RDP sessions. Can this port be configured in Project Honolulu to reflect our needs?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [SCCM] SCCM Software Center

For servers with a Configuration Manager client installed, it would be nice if software and updates that are available in Software Center could be managed through a node in Honolulu.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Updates] Install Option for Downloaded Updates

The Windows Update Area do not show Updates which are downloaded but not installed. It is although not possible to install these Updates. It would be helpfull to show the downloaded not installed Updates. And a Option to install the downloaded updates would be perfect. Seen on managed Server 2012R2 and 2016 with WSUS Updates.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Computer Management] Extend Honolulu functionality to manage Desktop OS starting with Windows 7

It would be great if Honolulu functionality can be extended to manage workstations and laptops on the network starting with Windows 7 and up. Even if additional software needs to be loaded to Windows 7 computers in order to extend their functionality and allow management by Honolulu. If it’s too much at least extend Honolulu functionality to manage Windows 10 PCs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [UPN] UPN (user@domain.) format should work

Local users and groups management should allow adding user by their UPN logon name - Currently seems to require pre-Windows 2000 DOMAIN\username

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Connections] ability to customize the columns and see more information at a glance

I would like to be able to add more columns to see more details about my Servers or Workstations. For example, Operating system would be handy and version of WMF running. IP address could be handy. Also, it would be nice to know which devices are online or offline.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Overview] Show Computer/Server Build Number on Home Page

I would like to be able to see all the Windows build numbers of the various machines and servers I have added to the home panel of Honolulu. Thanks

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Quick Assist] Quick Assist integration

Integrate it into Quick Assist, so it can be accessible via active Quick Assist session.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [PowerShell] Maintain Powershell Credentials when selecting other tools in the same session

Maintain Powershell Credentials when selecting other tools in the same session. Currently if you are in a powershell session with a remote windows 10 machine, and you select another tool and then re-select powershell, your command history as well as your credentials are lost and need to be re-entered. This should persist through selecting other tools or you should implement a tabbed/blade UI similar to alt-tab environment on windows.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base