Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug][Updates] Reboots machine immediately even if a future reboot time is specified.

WAC 1910, build 1.2.1910.31005
    Server Management
    module/tab: Updates
    Function: Install-WindowsUpdates

Issue: Schedule restart takes no effect.

Schedule restart setting is not effect, target server reboots immediately after windows update installed while schedule restart time was defined in web UI

event found on WAC:
    {"powerShell":"Install-WindowsUpdates","module":"msft.sme.shell"}

event on target server:
    {"powerShell":"Install-WindowsUpdates","module":"msft.sme.shell","userOnGateway":"###########","gateway":"##########","delegation":"True","userOnTarget":"########"}

WAC installed as gateway on Windows Server 2016 (OS Build 14393.3300) - connected to domain
    target server is Windows Server 2012R2

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [New Feature - WAC] Add Group Policy Results To Windows Admin Center

Add a page with an option to generate group policy results report, Similar to what you get if you run gpresult /h. Since the output is already html-based it makes sense to integrate it into WAC. It could save a lot of time in troubleshooting GPO issues. The page could also have a refresh button to generate a new report.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wrap WAC in electron or create a react native version for local installs

Please wrap WAC as an electron app for at least local installs. This would allow better performance for WAC, allow for use in restricted areas where web browsers are not allowed, allow for the use of SmartCards on local installs, and many more things

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dashboard start page

Allow IT admins create dashboard with select services, usage, status, etc on a page who grouped all the servers.

It will help IT admin to have a quick glance on what´s going on the domain.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the ability to configure a proxy for WAC to Install and Update Extensions

When deploying WAC on a Windows Server as the ‘Windows Admin Center’ Service you cannot access Internet Feeds for Extensions (e.g. https://aka.ms/sme-extension-feed) via a proxy server if the Server does not have direct access to the Internet. This means the user experience is diminished as new Extensions cannot downloaded via the Extensions section in WAC and / or existing extensions cannot be updated via the Extensions section.

It can be achieved by setting a proxy for the Network Service account that the WAC Service runs under, but that's not ideal.

Suggest adding the option to configure a proxy the…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Credentials 'Manage as' not saved

Credentials "Manage as" which are entered at a connection are not saved. When I restart the session to WAC, the credentials must be entered again.
    I use WAC from my client computer, which connects to the Gateway. I would like to use my admin account for connecting to the machines. WAC always uses my personal non-admin account per default.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Windows Admin Center Extensions cannot be installed using standard user Windows Session

Windows Admin Center installed on Windows 10 1909. Logged in with an account in Windows with standard user permissions. Right-click and run-as on Windows Admin Center and enter admin credentials. There is no process spawned running my admin credentials.

Launching Edge or Chromium Edge or Windows Admin Center with standard user credentials will launch the page just fine, but I receive an error trying to install any extensions for the Windows Admin Center with error message "Couldn't install the extension: 'Active Directory (Preview)'. Error: Access denied. Unable to perform requested operation. Administrative privilege is required."

The old version of Edge…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Cluster create] Cluster Creation fails with 1910

When attempting to add two new Windows Server 2019 nodes with nothing else besides updates and one Management IP, I get this error message:

server01.domain.com not found, or the provided credentials don’t have access. Verify the name and credentials are correct, check that server is up, and then click Refresh to try again.

I changed the credentials to a Domain Admin account, added the account manually to local Administrators and tried other accounts as well. I was able to add each server as standalone servers to Windows Admin Center but the issue is only when I try to create the…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SCVMM SDN and Windows Admin Center

It would be nice to support integration of WAC with SCVMM SDN. Until November 2019 I knew it was not supported due to different authentication method. No ETA existed back then to implement this AFAIK. I hope this gets implemented as admins have no tools to manage SDN when using SCVMM SDN. SCOM sdn mp may not always work (never worked for me) and will definitely not manage firewall rules even if it worked...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Container] run docker.exe in hidden console window

Console window (docker.exe) pops up multiple times when using Containers extension.

I am using Windows Admin Center in Windows 10. Windows Admin Center runs on my administrator account.

AFAIK it is possible to run such commands in hidden console window.

I could not attach video file to post because 500 error. Will put in OneDrive.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArA0Yv2O5sJegq46jp78jTc3ElUkTQ?e=gUQdvy

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use Alternate credentials to logon

We are not logged into our workstations with the same credentials needed to manage resources in Admin Center. Each time we have to use the Manage As option in the tool to enter other credentials.
    If the option is provided to logon to Admin Center using alternate credentials will solve this problem.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Connection List] Active Directory sync

Great would be if you can define multiple OUs to connect to, where the computer objects are situated. So not only an import more like a synchronisation, so that if there are new computers added the list is up to date. And a folder browsing that reflects the OUs with some additional views like "All Connections", "Favorite Connections" and "Recent Connections".

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Bug] - CBS Pending reboot check

[Bug] - Pending reboot due to CBS

The code to check for a reboot does not appear to correctly test if there is a pending reboot related to Component Based Servicing.

On the servers I have, the following line of code from the Test-PendingReboot function does not return a value.

Get-ChildItem "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\RebootPending"

Testing the same registry path with the "Get-Item" cmdlet returns a value when there is a pending reboot related to CBS.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [RD] Full Screen RDP

It would be nice to make the RDP window full screen.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reboot / shutdown option on paused node in Cluster view

Please include reboot / shutdown option on paused node in cluster view. it will make maintenance on nodes easier, will be very helpful on multi node Hyper-V cluster so that one will not reboot any running hype-v node mistakenly without moving VMs to other Hyper-V nodes in Cluster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Bug] Performance monitor not drawing line graph

Using the Performance monitor to watch disk/CPU usage, the line graph doesn't get drawn (*With the exception of when connected to Windows Admin Center on the host computer).

Attached are screenshots of the same page, where the one with the visible graph is from the host machine and the one without is from another computer on the same LAN. Graph aside, the only difference is the absence of the "Preview" up the top for the remote computer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SSH in Windows Admin Center

It would be nice to have an SSH connection prompt next to the PowerShell connection prompt in WAC.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Bug] LDAP Connectivity Fails when AD and Gateway have different DNs

WAC/Gateway Server: 1910.2

Description
    Gateway server is located in a site of a corporate domain. When adding security groups AD or local it fails saying that the group was not found in the sub site. Example below

Request:
    Allow modification of the LDAP settings or use the FQDN of the domain rather than accepting the domain name of the gateway server.

Note: Please don't ask why it is configured that way or if I can change this. This configuration was in place long before my time and will not be modified.

Example:
    AD Domain: na.corp.com
    AD NETBIOS Domain: (CORP)
    Gateway…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [AD] Active Directory User Properties should include ability to unlock locked account.

The new Active Directory extension should include ability to unlock locked account.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and

Connection Error: WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the aboutRemoteTroubleshooting Help topic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base