Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [RBAC] Role Based Access Control for Windows Admin Center

Have the ability for an admin to add all servers or monitored machines into a back end, and setup role based access control using AD security groups, which mean admins don't need to manually add all servers themselves.

For example, if a customer has 20 physical machines and 50 VM's, that could be a lot of entries, especially with a team of server technicians. Adding it all once, and then configuring RBAC, means less configuration long term.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [UI][Tools List] Reorder Tools

I'd like to be able to not just favorite but reorder the tools I use most often to the top of the toolbox. and hide others that i don't or wont' use without having to remove the extension as I may use it on one server and never on another.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Couldn't install the extension was not available from any extension feed

bug when 1910 WAC HA Cluster is set to no internet access however unable to add extension from a local feed i.e. C:\ClusterStorage\Data\Extensions

Feed is not available: 'https://aka.ms/sme-extension-feed'.
    Couldn't install the extension: 'msft.iis.iis-management'. Error: Extension msft.iis.iis-management 0.1.3042563 was not available from any extension feed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Active Directory] Ability to view all attributes of a user

We want to view all the attributes of the user objects

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Powershell and RDP SSO for Gateway Mode

Currently when deploying Windows Admin Center in Gateway Mode, Extension tools such as Powershell and RDP do no support SSO experience(even with RBCD). Manual Authentication is a Must to get access to this Tools. This becomes a Show stopper when using Smart Card Authentication, as password prompt doesn't offer Smartcard login.

One would expect SSO for all tools however the expected behavior should be a Prompt that supports Smart based based login instead of Password.

Can this be added as a feature update?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Bug] Verify network adapters not working in "Deploy hyperconverged infrastructure" Cluster Creation workflow

WAC 1910 installed on Windows Server 2019
    Added the cluster creation extension.
    Attempting to create a hyperconverged cluster using two Dell PowerEdge R740xd chassis
    Process gets to step 2 "Networking", 2.1 "Verify network adapters" then just chasing dots to infinity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Feature Request] Powershell Scripts integrate and execute

It would be great to have a view like the "Server Manager" where we can upload / integrate our own Poweshell Scripts and run these Scrips against single Servers / Clusters or Groups of Servers / Clusters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Feature Request] - Admin Center - Windows Update integration

Because Microsoft does not provide any documentation on usoclient.exe, it is not (reliably) possible (useing PowerShell) to get clients to install updates (immediately), etc. (especially drivers provided by WSUS).
    Request: Admin Center integrated feature "WSUS" which makes it possible to retrieve pending Windows updates remotely, install etc. (similar GUI as in W10 itself, at least the same funktions LIKE LOKAL GUI!)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option Updates

Hello ,
    I use Windows Admin Center to manage servers under windowd 2012 or 2016 but also workstations under Windows 10.
    For the servers, following the connection I can manage the updates of it.
    This option is not available for Windows 10 computers, which is a shame and very useful for fleet management.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Computer management and CMBD/Asset management

It would be great to see who is logged on the device so that we could use this as Asset management too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Connect and save Performance Monitor Workspaces to a Git repo

As part of our DevOps process, I am distributing preconfigured Performance Monitor Workspaces to a larger team. I would like to connect to a Git repo (we use Azure DevOps Repos) and save the workspaces directly to there.

This would immediately do the work of creating a feature to sync between users. It would also immediately give version control of the workspace json files. Storing the files in the repo also creates the opportunity for an automation workflow such as automatically adding a web app to a workspace when a new web app is deployed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow WAC to run as an HTA

Our environment doesn't allow administrators to run browsers, but HTA's work fine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save Performance Monitor captures in WAC

I stopped by the Windows Admin Center booth at Ignite and discovered the new Performance Monitor in WAC is not capable of capturing performance data to a file. If there is a need to capture data over time then you need to revert back to the "old" Performance Monitor. It would be nice to have this capability added to the new Performance Monitor in WAC. Hopefully this is already on the road map but if not hopefully it will find its way there.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hyper-V Virtual Switch VLAN Management - Adding and Editing VLANs

Currently, one needs to use powershell to tag vlans on virtual switches (unless they have system center), it would be convenient to be able do this via Windows Admin Center

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Windows Admin Center Setup generates an error "1: Unhandled exception"

Windows Admin Center Setup generates an error
    "1: Unhandled exception"

Situation: The gateway(Windows Server 2019) has all the newest updates!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cluster Resources Options Missing (FCM)

Options for start stop and simulate failure are there, but no option for moving cluster resources to another node. Also unable to see a list of possible owners for a resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Bug] LDAP Connectivity Fails when AD and Gateway have different DNs

WAC/Gateway Server: 1910.2

Description
    Gateway server is located in a site of a corporate domain. When adding security groups AD or local it fails saying that the group was not found in the sub site. Example below

Request:
    Allow modification of the LDAP settings or use the FQDN of the domain rather than accepting the domain name of the gateway server.

Note: Please don't ask why it is configured that way or if I can change this. This configuration was in place long before my time and will not be modified.

Example:
    AD Domain: na.corp.com
    AD NETBIOS Domain: (CORP)
    Gateway…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. version

Display the full build version of the host machine being managed in the Overview section. Currently, it just displays the major build revision of Win 10. It should also show the minor build revision that reflects the monthly cumulative update. For example, it currently displays 10.0.18362 when it should show 10.0.18362.476.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Date issues and region inconsistency

This really needs to be fixed!
    local machine and target machine are set for region United Kingdon with language English (UK)
    in Admin center I create a scheduled task and pick a start date or 2 Feb from the calendar pop up. This gets recorded as 02/07/2020 in US date format.
    I RDP via admin center to the target and open scheduled tasks - my task shows as starting 02/07/2020 BUT if I edit the cal pop up shows it starting on 7 July
    Also the keyboard is inconsistent - in Admin Center side bar options the keyboard produces UK…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not automatically show gateway host in "All connections" view

My gateway server is like a Jump Server, so I don't want it to be compulsorily displayed on the "All connections" view.
    Please give us an option to prevent this default connection item. But still allows the server to be explicitly added by the user or through Shared Connections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base