Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Vpn

RRAS admin for Always on VPN management. This should be easy to implement but a great value for customers running rras/vpn. Might also support directaccess.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WAC DNS extension should allow delegated permissions

The DNS extension works pretty good, but apparently it needs the user to have permissions to connect to the server.
    I guess in multiple organizations, DNS permissions have been delegated so admins can work do stuff, without needing actual DA permissions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. WAC Performance Monitor-Change Units

I would like to be able to change units and/or have an option to auto-scale units. An example would be network adapter bandwidth which is fixed to Bytes/sec. I would like the option to change this to bits or bytes with kilo, mega, giga scales.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. WAC Performance Monitor-Reorder Monitors

I would like to be able to reorder monitors in the WAC Performance Monitor beta. New monitors are added to the end of the list and cannot be moved to group similar monitors together.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Intune] Intune Connector for Windows Admin Center

We are lacking a remote management tool for our Intune Windows Clients. As we are using windows admin center for our on prem clients, it would be great to connect to a windows 10 intune client to get access to eventlog, powershell etc..

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Multi-Machine] [Virtual Machines] windows updates for VMs

I can do the windows updates for each machine listed in my long list of servers but if I go to my HyperV server and see the list of VM's, I would like to be able to run windows update against those machines without connecting RDP into each VM and then running Windows Update

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. audit permissions on fileshares with Admincenter

It would be nice to have a way to audit or display the permissions of a fileserver with AdminCenter. Maybe pull the share/NTFS permissions into a PowerBI report so that the permissions can be drilled down on by group or user or directory path.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [RD] [Credential Format] Credentials are not valid. Verify the username and password are correct and try to reconnect.

I entered the correct username and password, but Ti kept prompting me that my credentials were wrong. I could enter the management interface of Center. I could not enter the remote desktop in the management interface.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Do not automatically show gateway host in "All connections" view

My gateway server is like a Jump Server, so I don't want it to be compulsorily displayed on the "All connections" view.
    Please give us an option to prevent this default connection item. But still allows the server to be explicitly added by the user or through Shared Connections.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WAC extension bloatware: Azure Monitor

The Azure Monitor extension cannot be uninstalled.
    I want to have a way to remove or hide this extension.
    Even after removing all extensions:
    PS C:> (Get-Extension -GatewayEndpoint 'https://wac.lab.io' | Where {$_.Status -eq 'Installed'}).Count
    PS C:>
    The Azure Monitor extension persists, as shown in the attachment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. WAC 1910 - Cluster Create Function is not enabling RDMA on NetAdapter or VmNetAdapter

WAC 1910 in Gateway Mode.
    Cluster Creation Function is not enabling RDMA on an RDMA capable NIC, or the VNIC when using the Wizard.
    Tested with Datacenter 2019 v1910 and 10Gb Chelsio T520 NICs latest drivers.
    The SET vswitch is created for storage, but SMBx vNIC RDMA was not enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable CSV Cache and View CSV Cache Performance Dashboard

Currently we have to enable CSV caching via PowerShell which is not a big problem, however it would be great if this could be enabled in the WAC GUI along with stats in dashboard form that demonstrate the memory consumed by VM's, by the Hypervisor and what is available to enable as CSV Cache. Also if memory demands increase, due to added VM's or live migration, an indication that allocated CSV cache memory has been reduced.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. remote desktop

When using the Remote Desktop feature, Edge is popping up a sub-menu as if a dialog box is selected. This obscures the screen--particularly the Start menu of the target machine.

Admin Center Build 1.2.1910.31005
    Microsoft Edge 41.16299.1480.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. serial# view on overview screen

display Windows device serial# on overview screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SSH in Windows Admin Center

It would be nice to have an SSH connection prompt next to the PowerShell connection prompt in WAC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to configure a proxy for WAC to Install and Update Extensions

When deploying WAC on a Windows Server as the ‘Windows Admin Center’ Service you cannot access Internet Feeds for Extensions (e.g. https://aka.ms/sme-extension-feed) via a proxy server if the Server does not have direct access to the Internet. This means the user experience is diminished as new Extensions cannot downloaded via the Extensions section in WAC and / or existing extensions cannot be updated via the Extensions section.

It can be achieved by setting a proxy for the Network Service account that the WAC Service runs under, but that's not ideal.

Suggest adding the option to configure a proxy the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Windows update reboot

Change the default from restart immediately to schedule restart as I installed some updates that said they didn't require a reboot to find the server then restarted anyway

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Gateway] Save user setting in the service instead of the browser

Settings for Dark Mode, Console Settings, & other various settings should be saved for each user to the WCFS CSV for clustered setups. This way a user can have the same experience regardless of browser or computer used. Currently these settings are saved to local browser and it is a pain for users to resetup their configurations when switching browsers

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base