Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Job start and finish times

Provide columns for start and finish times for each job and each phase of the job (i.e. inventory, data transfer)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Role-based access control is gone in the 1910 version for Windows Admin Center

Role-based access control is gone in the new version of settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Apps & features

It would great to have the ability to export the apps list to a CSV, excel or even pdf file

Same for hardware info.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. WAC Performance Monitor-Reorder Monitors

I would like to be able to reorder monitors in the WAC Performance Monitor beta. New monitors are added to the end of the list and cannot be moved to group similar monitors together.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Virtual Machines Inventory memory shows 0

S2D Cluster -> Virtual Machines -> Inventory -> Click on a VM -> CPU and memory performance always show 0 (Performance-data doesn't seem to get recorded. This is
    Windows Admin Center
    Version
    Build

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Overview] Add Heartbeat column

Please add a heartbeat column next to computers that pings computers for availabilty

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [RBAC] the true solution for Hyper-V like SCVMM

The true RBAC solution for Hyper-V like SCVMM, which has full RBAC capabilities with very granular options for assigning different rights through the use of custom user roles that can be created and assigned the required configuration targeting specific resources.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Bug] IIS Binding Multiple SSL hostnames

Creating multiple hostname bindings with SSL to the same site reports "Already Exists" ... EG binding .domain1.com and .domain2.com to 443 with a SAN cert covering the expected URLs.

Works fine from IIS remote from another server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FIX 1910.2

Microsoft are you on the correct planet Fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more information  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [S2D] Azure HCI, add information re Storage Pool rebuild

When you need to add disks / nodes to a S2D cluster you can use get-storagejob to view minimal information about rebuild timelines.
    It would be nice to add similar but better more in depth into WAC.
    Also why is there no Pool information displayed in WAC ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Bug] Browse option not opening the Destination Server when moving a VM.

When moving a VM from one Hyper-V Server to another, if you click "Browse" to specify the destination folder where the VM is going, WAC opens the Source server instead.
    This can easily recreated by setting up two 2019 Servers with Hyper-V, try to move one VM to another using WAC Move option, and click Browse... This will take you to the Source server instead of the Destination.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Bug] Unable to get computer information Windows Admin Center

WAC installed on Windows 10 PRO,
    Trying to access the same machine information trough WAC.

I am on a admin account. When I try to access the computer I choose: Use My Windows Account. Then I'm prompted again, I choose LAPS and provide the user name I'm using.

in Event Viewer I get warnings like:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {some-guid}
    and APPID
    {other-guid}
    to the user machine/user SID (user-sid) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Scheduled Tasks] Scheduled tasks Task History menu

Scheduled Tasks menu could use the Task History menu option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Bug] Version 1910.2 stop working cluster manager Hyper-v

[Bug] Version 1910.2 stop working Cluster Manager Hyper-v

Type
    Error

RemoteException: Cannot convert the "System.Object[]" value of type "System.Object[]" to type "System.Int32".

Try fixing any computer connection issues and refreshing the browser. We couldn't query the computer inventory data to determine the set of tools. Error: RemoteException: Cannot convert the "System.Object[]" value of type "System.Object[]" to type "System.Int32".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Creating the Virtual Switch fails if the name of any network adapters contains a space

Creating the Virtual Switch fails if the name of any network adapters contains a space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Remote Desktop] Allow remote desktop to be expanded to fill the whole page

The remote descktop pane seems very restricted in size. Allow the pane to go full screen and/or fill the webpage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. On my non persistent virtual desktop I loose the personalization (dark mode), store it on the gateway

When I logoff/logon on our VDI the personalization (dark mode) is not enabled. Where's that stored? Can it get stored on the gateway instead?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the features RemoteDesktop and PowerShell work

Installed the newest (Version 1910.2, Build 1.2.2003.11001) Windows-Admin-Center. Most of the management features seem to work. Except: PowerShell and RemoteDesktop. With both credentials are requested but rejected what so ever. Using RemoteDesktop of PowerShell->Enter-PSSession with those credential outside WAC works without any problem. Would be nice, if these features would work within WAC and would be really great, if already given credentials would be used without asking again, best with this being an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WAC - enable Azure AD Application proxy full support (with websockets)

WAC should be configurable fully with Azure AD Application Proxy. These 2 technologies are a potentially great combination

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base