Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sysinternals

Would it be possible to add the Sysinternals suite to Windows Admin Center. Whenever I need to troubleshoot a system, it's the first tool set I reach for.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ROYAL GRACE is the heart of Islamabad. The guest house has luxury villa style rooms better than a hotel near Margalla hills #8, 7th avenue a

ROYAL GRACE is the heart of Islamabad. The guest house has luxury villa style rooms better than a hotel near Margalla hills #8, 7th avenue at the blue area underpass, F-6/1 Islamabad Pakistan. VIP Family Guest House in Islamabad, http://royalgraceguesthouse.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Store Manage As credentials in Shared Connections

We not only want to share the connections between operators using the WAC, but also want to store the "manage as" credential per connection or connection group.

Would be great, if this can be implemented in a secure way in the core of WAC.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. storage migration service - edit destination path

please let change the folder destination path for shares on storage migration service.

Regards
    Daniel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Performance Monitor WAC

I like the performance counter in WAC. But I will still use Grafana for these reasons:
    I would like to choose the display unit: change bytes/sec in Gbyte/s for example
    Change the decimal (no decimal for example for reads/sec or write/sec counter)
    On the reports, have thresholds with different colors

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. show Windows Update on Dashboard

It will be a good Idea to select more than one server and have it search for updates.. instead of one by one.. Once a month I have to spend hours just on waiting for the servers to apply the updates.. it will be a great Idea to centralize that...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve connection search to find words across multiple tags

We are planning on using Shared Connections to automatically create connections all servers across the company (around 2000) for all Admins, and use individual, standardised tags on each connection to identify OS, AD Domain, AD Site, Business Service, etc. If we search for a single word within the tags, all connections that have tags that match the searched word will be displayed. If, however, we enter two separate words that should be found across separate tags, the connection list will not display any connections.

Improving the connection search to find any word in any tag (or attribute) across the connection…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow resizing width of performance monitor counters

The performance monitor is a great addition to the WAC, however it's annoying that you can only add counters as a "row".

It would be great to be able to put at least some counters side by side, so that you could, for example, see all processor cores at a glance - at the moment, you'd need to scroll a long way to see the performance of all 64 cores..!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Vpn

RRAS admin for Always on VPN management. This should be easy to implement but a great value for customers running rras/vpn. Might also support directaccess.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WAC DNS extension should allow delegated permissions

The DNS extension works pretty good, but apparently it needs the user to have permissions to connect to the server.
    I guess in multiple organizations, DNS permissions have been delegated so admins can work do stuff, without needing actual DA permissions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Intune] Intune Connector for Windows Admin Center

We are lacking a remote management tool for our Intune Windows Clients. As we are using windows admin center for our on prem clients, it would be great to connect to a windows 10 intune client to get access to eventlog, powershell etc..

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. McAfee Adaptive Threat Protection Would Block

McAfee detect the wsmprovhost.exe as a malware when monitor computers for processes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Multi-Machine] [Virtual Machines] windows updates for VMs

I can do the windows updates for each machine listed in my long list of servers but if I go to my HyperV server and see the list of VM's, I would like to be able to run windows update against those machines without connecting RDP into each VM and then running Windows Update

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add user selection button for username box

When I'm using mmc snap-ins every username box has a "browse" button beside it. So I'm able to select a local pc user or an active directory user. It is very hard to remember all user's credentials if there're hundreds of them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scheduled tasks do not correctly display recurring triggers in admin center.

Scheduled tasks do not correctly show recurring triggers or allow you to configure with the same settings you can within the OS.

For example we have a task that recurs every hour indefinitely after starting at boot. Admin center only shows a one time trigger of AtStartup. The configuration also only allows a few predefined times for repeating the task as well as for how long it can run.

This needs to be updated in order to be able to properly view and manage scheduled tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Bug]

Remote Desktop not working when WAC accessed through AAD Application Proxy, works when accessed directly.

Server: Azure: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter. Version 1607. OS Build 14393.3326 (domain joined)

Client: Windows 10 pro. Version 1902 OS Build: 18362.576. Using EDGE 44.18362.449.0, Microsoft EdgeHTML: 18.18362.

Cert by installer

Default port settings used in setup

Windows version where Windows Admin Center is installed:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to view previous PerfMon data captures

The latest Windows Admin Center includes the ability to capture PerfMon data, but doesn't include the ability to upload and view existing data with a BLG or CSV through a saved Workspace.

Over the years, my company has developed dozens of tools to automatically parse and allow for the slicing and dicing of historical PerfMon data saved as BLGs and CSVs to help troubleshoot customer environments. Allowing organizations to upload a BLG or CSV file that in turn displays the data using a Workspace template released by my company would save our organization significant time and help improve Windows Server…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [WAC] [Updates] [Issue] Windows update is very very slow - circling balls galore

The page Updates is amazingly slow
    - populating the list of updates offered locally via WSUS
    - populating the list of updated offered via WU (Online) - this often stuck
    - progress of installation is not very visible

Affected WAC version
    all WAC up to 1909

Affected managed OS:
    and all managed OS from (2012-2019)

If you compare the speed to local sconfig this is the reference. I know it uses PosH or sorts but needs to get much faster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Direct Access and VPN role

Well, I like the Admin Center, but I cannot manage the Direct Access and VPN Role on a 2019 Core server. Hope that's planned and will be available soon.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [RD] [Credential Format] Credentials are not valid. Verify the username and password are correct and try to reconnect.

I entered the correct username and password, but Ti kept prompting me that my credentials were wrong. I could enter the management interface of Center. I could not enter the remote desktop in the management interface.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base