Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show UBR (i.e. patch version) in Server overview

On Server 2016 and above the UBR shows the patch level. Currently (1910) only the build number is shown. Please show the UBR also, as this way will be easier to determine the patch level:
    Get-ItemPropertyValue -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" -Name "UBR"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WAC 1910 - Cluster Create Function is not enabling RDMA on NetAdapter or VmNetAdapter

WAC 1910 in Gateway Mode.
    Cluster Creation Function is not enabling RDMA on an RDMA capable NIC, or the VNIC when using the Wizard.
    Tested with Datacenter 2019 v1910 and 10Gb Chelsio T520 NICs latest drivers.
    The SET vswitch is created for storage, but SMBx vNIC RDMA was not enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. alias

Would be helpful to have alias ability in the initial "connections" screen (list of added computers), instead of just the computer names only being listed currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Bug] Can't disable Disk Metrics

Disk Metrics won't disable ... I enabled them on a couple of systems, but when I disable, they flick off, then back on.

Systems are Server 2019 with Exch2019

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Virtual Machines] Sort by numerical values

In Hyper-Converged Cluster Manager and Server Manager when sorting Virtual Machines on numerical columns the sorting is done as text, not the actual values.
    I.e when sorting on Uptime machines with 80 days of uptime will come before one with 9 days of uptime
    or when sorting on Assigned Memory or Memory Demand machines with 4GB will come before one with 500MB

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [RBAC] [JEA] [Security] Implement a possibility to configure individual JEA roles in Windows Admin Center

We need custom role support for adding custom defined JEA roles in Windows Admin Center!

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Server power/online status

I want to see whether a server is online or not before I try to connect to it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Bug] After update from WAC 1809 to 1904.1: access denied to: C:\ProgramData\Server Management Experience\Extensions\extensions.config

Woring WAC 1809 was upgraded to 1904.1 (local/desktop mode).
    All works but when I go to Settings/Extensions error is thrown and no extension is loaded to the list:

"Access denied to: C:\ProgramData\Server Management Experience\Extensions\extensions.config"

It is installed on Win10 1809 Pro PC, domain joined.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Gateway] Save user setting in the service instead of the browser

Settings for Dark Mode, Console Settings, & other various settings should be saved for each user to the WCFS CSV for clustered setups. This way a user can have the same experience regardless of browser or computer used. Currently these settings are saved to local browser and it is a pain for users to resetup their configurations when switching browsers

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add also WEB (HTTP/HTTPS) Address for Servers (for HW Remote Admin)

Please add the option to open the build Hardware console via HTTP(s) so a Server can accessed also it is shutdown or unresponsive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug :( Creating virtual machines using Windows Admin Center.

Error creating a virtual machines using Windows Admin Center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to Authenticate due to Case Change

Upon logging into the Windows Admin Center interface to manage servers I note the domain and the user case have changed. When attempting to click on a managed server I am prompted to authenticate with different credentials. I modify the credentials to use the correct font case and I am able to login and manage the servers. I have created screenshots and have attached them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. why is admin center download in the eval section??????

Why is Admin Center now an eval download??? This should be a direct download, you should want the community to download it and use it!! I just got done presenting to one of my hosting channels and told people to download it and start using it, only to find out you moved it to a server eval page requiring info that leads to a future sales calls. How is this a good decision!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Storage Migration Service and netBIOS computer name

We came accross this lovely gotcha when attempting to migrate a Server 2008R2 fileserver using the Storage Migration Service.

TLDR: if your server name is longer then 15 characters, use the netBIOS name in Storage Migration Service!

It's amazing how sometimes in the simplest things that trip you up.

It appears the Storage Migration Service uses the netBIOS computer name and not the computer name or FQDN.

When we had tested a Enter-PSSession to the FQDN of the server (which is longer than 15 characters), we got a successful connection, but the service would fail. When we did a Enter-PSSession…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Roles and Features]

When installing a new role, some kind of status would be helpful. I am trying to install IIS and after I hit the install button, I don't know if it's actually doing anything.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create and Deploy Just Enough Administration (JEA) roles via DSC in Windows Admin Center

Allow creation of Just Enough Administration (JEA) roles in Windows Admin Center. Allow application of created or pre-created JEA roles to server manged by Windows Admin Center via Desired State Configuration (DSC).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Azure Network Adapter (Preview) not working

Connect to vNext 19008 server
    Open Networks
    Click "+Add Azure Network Adapter (Preview)
    Message appears to register WAC in Azure first
    Click "Register Windows Admin Center to Azure"
    The Settings/Gateway/Azure page opens and shows WAC Gateway is registered
    Settings/Users/Account shows I'm signed in to Azure

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. IIS extension certificate request

In the IIS extension under Certificates provide option to create a certificate request in IIS and install the certificate once provided

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base