Management Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manage Windows Docker Swarm from Container Extension

Ability to manage Windows Docker Swarm from Container Extension. The current container extension only allows management of containers on an individual server. It would be good to manage containers in a Docker Swarm, services, secrets etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Manage Active Directory Groupmembership

Cant manage group membership using WAC Active Directory Extension.
    It always says "no records found"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [virtual machines] Resize .VHD and / or .VHDX

It will be very good to resize the VHD or VHDX of Virtual Machines through the Windows Admin Center

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make setting up "users" and "Admins" easier to understand.

This is so frustrating! Not user friendly for newbee's.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Bug] Install of version 1910 fails on all computers on domain

Install on Windows 10 fails during "Registering CredSSP session configuration" with the following error code:

Unhandled Exception:
    System.Management.Automation.CmdletProviderInvocationException Cannot open WinRM service on computer '.'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [FEATURE REQUEST] Show partition information GPT / MBR

Please provide Partition information for volumes on overview / storage per volume

GPT or MBR

refer: Server Manager

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Event Viewer] Show dump data

In the 'Detail' pane the 'Dump Data' is not shown!
    Would be great to also have this information (some Events are useless without)
    If possible also as XML Views like in Event Viewer

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. WAC 1910; changing network adapter DNS deletes A records and does not recreate

WAC 1910; changing network adapter DNS deletes A records (even static ones) and does not recreate. Primary and Secondary DNS servers get changed even though an error is thrown in WAC "Couldn't update IPv4 network settings..."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support non-Microsoft DNS and/or DHCP

I know this is a bit of a stretch but being able to support some other DNS/DHCP solutions would be amazing. Perhaps this would be more of an avenue for an IPAM solution to add an extension.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Bug] Issue installing update from 1909 to 1910

When I run the MSI to update 1909 to 1910 I get this message
    Unhandled Exception:
    system.management.automation.methodinvocation
    Exception Exception calling “Add” with “1” argument(s): “Access is denied.”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [bug] Cluster Creation extension version 1.1

Even putting the domain administrator username and password an error happens.

Erro: https://i.imgur.com/tlqGhkI.gifv

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [RD] Make Remote Desktop session/windows larger (maximized within Admin Center window)

Why are we wasting so much real estate / surface area when I use the Remote Desktop???
    There is a good 2 inches of wasted grey space which simply says "Remote Desktop" with an inch above it, and then your Disconnect and Ctrl-Alt-Del button underneath that.
    Doesn't make sense!!!!
    Move the "Remote Desktop" to the very top and move the 2 buttons to the right of it, so that I simply have a thin top banner.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. windows admin center shared connection

All Admins should be able to see new servers added under Connections after I set it up. It appears that it used to be available by adding Shared Connections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bulk onboard

There should be an option to bulk onboard servers to Azure via Monitor Alerts and/or Updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Admin Center accessible without authentication

I have installed WAC on a cloud hosted server. It is possible to access the WAC page without providing any credentials using Chrome 77 (just click sign in without providing any credentials). WAC will show "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON” under Settings -> Account.

Ex: install WAC to listen on port 6000. Then try to access WAC using Chrome 77, pointing to https://contoso.com:6000/. When prompted for credentials, just click sign-in without providing any.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Bug] In Windows Admin Center Preview 1908, if you install the Pure Storage Preview Plugin, it breaks the "Add" server functionality etc.

[Bug] In Windows Admin Center Preview 1908, if you install the Pure Storage Preview Plugin, it breaks the "Add" server functionality etc. Removing the plugin restores the affected functionality. Installing other plugins doesn't affect console functionality that I have seen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Storage] Better documentation for Storage Replica Support

Followed instructions here. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/storage-replica/server-to-server-storage-replication

And Storage Replica keeps telling me to "Install the Remote Server Administration Tools on this PC and then Restart"

I have...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Remote Desktop] As a remote admin, have the ability to see the screen of the currently logged-on user-the end user's actual active session

Remotely being able to see what the local end-user is seeing on his/her local screen is incredibly important when troubleshooting activities occur, especially in air-gapped industrial control systems. There are commercial applications that allow this (i.e., Dameware, etc.), but it would be a VERY useful benefit if this capability was a configurable capability in Windows itself.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add BMC link to summary

Add BMC link to server summary page. If a computer does not come back up after rebooting I am unable to connect to access the BMC link for Dell computers which is on the Overview page or the Dell Openmanage link at the bottom of the menu. I then have to refer to other documents to get the BMC IP to connect to the virtual console which makes it cumbersome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base