• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] Cloning of virtual machine fails at sysprep in WAC 2004

When cloning a virtual machine in WAC 2004 (and letting Admin Center do the sysprep), sysprep fails with an unspecific error "Sysprep could not be completed".

However, guest credentials for sysprep are correct and working, doing a "manual" clone (i.e. create new virtuel machine, copy vhdx file and running sysprep manually within the VM "sysprep /oobe /reboot /generalize /mode:VM") works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add check for Hyper-V PowerShell module

In 2007 Create Cluster extension there is no check if Hyper-V PowerShell module is installed, just Hyper-V role. If the PoSh module is mising, creation of vSwitch fails later in wizard.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Error code: SBOX_FATAL_MEMORY_EXCEEDED

I left Windows Admin Center open for a while (maybe 2 hours) and I got an error message : Error code: SBOXFATALMEMORY_EXCEEDED
    I was using latest version of Edge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Windows Admin Center Gateway access

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/manage/windows-admin-center/configure/user-access-control#active-directory-or-local-machine-groups

Active Directory or local machine groups

By default, Active Directory or local machine groups are used to control gateway access. If you have an Active Directory domain, you can manage gateway user and administrator access from within the Windows Admin Center interface.

On the Users tab you can control who can access Windows Admin Center as a gateway user. By default, and if you don't specify a security group, any user that accesses the gateway URL has access. Once you add one or more security groups to the users list, access is restricted to the members of those groups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You are not authorized to view this page. If you recently updated Windows Admin Center, you may need to restart your browser, and then refre

Unless I am running on the computer I installed WAC on I get "You are not authorized to view this page. If you recently updated Windows Admin Center, you may need to restart your browser, and then refresh the page."

WAC is on Windows 10
    Viewing on default port 6516 on a windows 10 computer using both domain admin and non admin accounts.
    Using edge browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [bug] Missing permission

Think I found a bug. Connected Admin Center to one of our headless servers and was looking at a shared folder. This particular share has three share entries - domain admins with full control, and two domain groups one for RO only access and the other with Modify access. If I connect to the server using Server Manager from a 2016 server it shows all these permissions correctly, but from Admin Center it does not show the entry with the Modify permissions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Windows Admin Center Unhandled exception error: NTE_BAD_KEYSET

Hi I am trying to install Windows Admin Center 1910.2 on my desktop and am getting an Unhandled Exception: Keyset does not exist (NTEBADKEYSET). I have a Windows 10 Enterprise v. 1909 (Build 18363.900). Any help would be appreciated!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cannot connect to cluster when using WinRM over HTTPS (5986)

Windows Admin Center is connecting to all our servers using WinRM over HTTPS (TCP 5986).

In this scenario I cannot connect to any cluster service (error message attached).

I guess this is due to powershell trying to connect to one of the nodes using cluster name and the server (cluster node) is sending an error because the names don't match.

Is it possible to fix this somehow?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [WAC] Can't connect to domain joined Windows Server version 2004

WAC can't connect to domain joined server using hostname/FQDN/IP. I am however able to connect to this same machine using Powershell/Hyper-V/RDP. Server is Windows server version 2004.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This UI is so flat ! Improve visual aspect, use colors and graphics !

Doesn't Microsoft have enough money to pay color screens to its developers ? ;-) Why is the UI using only two colors (black, white, and a little bit of blue) ?

The good old MMC snapins use a lot of icons, colors, graphics, which allow to distinguish things visually and rapidly.

If you want to develop a new admin tool, it has to be (at least) as good as the old one. This UI is terribly flat, with lots of things with the same color. This is a severe drawbacks for engineers who highly rely on "visual" aspect and ordering…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Storage Migration Service : Option to remove destination server's original hostname from AD

I've found it would be helpful to at least have an option to remove the destination server's hostname from Active Directory after the cutover phase is complete.

Every time a migration is performed currently, the old hostname would have to be manually pruned from Active Directory to make sure it didn't linger around needlessly. The option to do it automatically (if possible) would save a step in needing to do that, if it was needed at all, helping to make the migration more seamless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Storage Migration Service : Phase 2 (Transfer Data) clarification for configuring IP/Network settings

During the IP/Network settings migration step of phase 2, the exact process of IP assignment that will on cutover is not very clear.

This step doesn't make it clear whether the current source IP will be taken over by the destination or will the destination IP be overridden by the option to enter a custom IP? I think clarification via different wording or a different menu to transfer or configure IP settings would help this possible confusion.

For example, make it clear exactly what network settings the source server will end up with after migration and make it clear exactly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Storage Migration Service : Add an optional "Transfer Differences" button AFTER cutover phase

The "Transfer Differences" button to do a delta copy between source and destination servers is integral to this service.I'm proposing to add an additional/final "Transfer Differences" kind of button after the cutover phase to catch any active data that may not have made it from source to destination.

My concern comes up when the delta copy takes a long time to happen (multiple hours to 1 day+). If a maintenance window is setup to perform a cutover, it has to be planned around allowing a "transfer differences" job to run for however long it needs before doing the cutover phase,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Server connections should have folder option too

Server connections, it show all the servers in one big list,
    should allow to create folders for manageability

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Roles] Printing Roles prerequisites check misses on Server Core

Affects: Server SAC, Server 2016/2019 LTSC Core.
    Windows Admin Center 1910.2 or earlier

Prereq check should add Fileserver as a Role when adding Printserver.

Printserver cannot work without the print$ share and without Fileserver Role there cannot be $ or any shares.

Also installing the role should actually create the share print$ because otherwise you run into the following issue by design:

importing a print server backup is impossible unless adding a shared printer on the target. It will fail to install the driver. Message is irritating but eventlog gives a hint.

If installing print role and fileserver role in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [BUG] Cannot enable role based access control

It's happen on all new machnie i integrate.
    Every time i try enable Role Based Access Control i got this:

ERROR: At C:\Windows\Temp\WindowsAdminCenter.Jea\InstallJeaFeature.ps1:1 char:15 + Configuration InstallJeaFeature + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ System.Management.Automation.PSArgumentException: Cannot process argument because the value of argument "fullFilePath" is not valid. Change the value of the "fullFilePath" argument and run the operation again. at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.CimDSCParser.GetFileContent(String fullFilePath) at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.CimDSCParser.ParseSchemaMof(String filePath) at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.Internal.DscClassCache.ImportClasses(String path, Tuple2 moduleInfo, Collection1 errors, Boolean importInBoxResourcesImplicitly) at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.Internal.DscClassCache.Initialize(Collection1 errors, List1 modulePathList) at Microsoft.PowerShell.DesiredStateConfiguration.Internal.DscClassCache.LoadDefaultCimKeywords(Dictionary2 functionsToDefine, Collection1 errors, List1 modulePathList, Boolean cacheResourcesFromMultipleModuleVersions) at System.Management.Automation.Language.Parser.ConfigurationStatementRule(IEnumerable1 customAttributes, Token configurationToken) At C:\Windows\Temp\WindowsAdminCenter.Jea\InstallJeaFeature.ps1:2 char:1 +…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move virtual machine stotage to another volume/csv

The hability to Move VM storage bettwen Local Volumes or CSV. feature know like "Storage vMotion" in vSphere. We can do this with powershell "Move-VM --IncludeStorage]" or with WFC. But would be great do this with Admin Center.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Admin Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base